Week 18: If We Had A Competent DC/STC The First 2 Months The Season Wouldn’t Be Ending

LETSGOBROWNIES

Who wins?  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Who’s The Big Winner On Sunday?

• Mike’s Fancy Typing Secretary
    • Ojibo
    • The Browns
    • The Stillers
    • Geordan Davis plus baker and 100 million plus 28th pick
    • ANSWER ME DAMMIT!!!!!

I know Stefanski met with Watson in the off-season before they traded for him and pitched how they were going to use them. So, unfortunately, I think they tried to jam that into the strategy when Watson came back and kind of lost sight of what the offense should have looked like. They need to really go back to the drawing board this off-season.

Edited by NateDawg
  • Like 2

24 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

Okay, that makes perfect sense since I talk all the time about Mayfield. I am always bringing him up and it isn't everyone else, okay.

I've got my Christmas lights down so at least it's been a productive day. Enjoy yours.

High Thomas your the man.

Thank you for a great season 

1 minute ago, BrownLeader said:

Watson has no idea what he's doing in Stefanski's offense.

I can't think of anything more Browns than to payout the biggest contract ever to a **** character guy just to find out he's broken.

Excellent postExcited Happy Birthday GIF by Mickey Mouse

I wouldn’t have ever traded for Watson. But we did. As a result, I think we have a bad fit between coach and player. I think eventually, Stefanski will be gone.

My thought is why ask Stefanski to do something he’s not comfortable/familiar with? We can just get someone else that runs the scheme that fits our QB. Idk…it all sucks. 

I also feel bad for the Browns fans born in 2004 or later. They have not seen the Steelers have a losing record in their lifetimes. Through 8 games it seemed like this streak would end, but then the bye week occurred and the Steelers turned things around.

12 minutes ago, Dawgpoun8017 said:

Whether people want to accept it or not or like it or not the offense needs to be tailored around Watson, we gave up the picks to get him, we’re paying him the money, this team is no longer a run first run heavy team 

We can do the best we can with what we have but the offensive line was built to be run blockers and we're pretty much stuck with them. We're set at TE and don't have the resources to get a quick fix WR core that is specialized to a high octane spread offense.

11 minutes ago, BetterCallSaul said:

I wouldn’t have ever traded for Watson. But we did. As a result, I think we have a bad fit between coach and player. I think eventually, Stefanski will be gone.

My thought is why ask Stefanski to do something he’s not comfortable/familiar with? We can just get someone else that runs the scheme that fits our QB. Idk…it all sucks. 

As much as Stefanski may be hesitant, a dedicated OC solves a lot of these issues.

• Like 1

Just now, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

As much as Stefanski may be hesitant, a dedicated OC solves a lot of these issues.

I guess…but then why are we keeping Stefanski? Is he really a leader of men? Do our guys play hard for him? He’s not necessarily bad at managing the game, but it’s not like some super strength he has.

If we don’t use his offensive mind/schemes, he is kind of pointless. We could definitely do worse, but I don’t think Stefanski is the guy given the way this team is constructed, for better or worse. 

Just now, BetterCallSaul said:

I guess…but then why are we keeping Stefanski?

He’s still capable of contributing to the offense.

Is he really a leader of men? Do our guys play hard for him?

I haven’t really seen them quit.  Guys have played hard his whole tenure.  Some players have been less motivated than others, but that’s any team.  

People only question this because he’s not overly emotional. 

He’s not necessarily bad at managing the game, but it’s not like some super strength he has.

He’s fine, yeah.  

If we don’t use his offensive mind/schemes, he is kind of pointless. We could definitely do worse, but I don’t think Stefanski is the guy given the way this team is constructed, for better or worse. 

LIS, no reason we can’t use his schemes or mind, just being in someone else or run the whole offense.

But also, he’s proven to be a really solid offensive mind. I’m not uncomfortable with the idea of letting them figure it out.

23 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

We can do the best we can with what we have but the offensive line was built to be run blockers and we're pretty much stuck with them. We're set at TE and don't have the resources to get a quick fix WR core that is specialized to a high octane spread offense.

All of the linemen we have at one point have been good pass blockers, they’re not specifically run blockers, Bitonio and teller are two good pass blocking guards, Conklin is a serviceable pass blocking right tackle, we don’t need a quick fix WR, Amari is a good WR DPJ took big steps forward this year as a WR, we need to find someone to play the Schwartz role yes but that’s possible, it doesn’t need to be a Mike Leach style Air Raid offense but it needs to transition to a more pass first offense, that’s the way the league is set up, every team in the playoffs is set up as a primarily pass first team, I love Kareem, but our backup RB’s need to be made up of players making less money. That most likely needs to be Jerome Ford.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, BetterCallSaul said:

Pretty much my thoughts here. It was a horrendous scheme and weather for acquiring Watson and pairing him with this offense, let alone in this division with the Lake effect and no receivers.

Whats done is done. Get some receivers and hopefully it works next year. More likely scenario is KS is gone at the bye.

Wake me up in 2028 after we blow it all up again.