Week 18: If We Had A Competent DC/STC The First 2 Months The Season Wouldn’t Be Ending

LETSGOBROWNIES

Who wins?  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Who’s The Big Winner On Sunday?

• Mike’s Fancy Typing Secretary
    • Ojibo
    • The Browns
    • The Stillers
    • Geordan Davis plus baker and 100 million plus 28th pick
    • ANSWER ME DAMMIT!!!!!

5 minutes ago, pf9 said:

The Broncos are going to interview Sean Payton. We should try and get him too, it could work in our favor if he is our new head coach next season.

He’s not coming back to coach us, and secondly we would have to give something up to the saints to get him

https://athlonsports.com/.amp/nfl/saints-asking-price-for-sean-payton-reportedly-revealed

Edited by Dawgpoun8017
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, pf9 said:

I also feel bad for the Browns fans born in 2004 or later. They have not seen the Steelers have a losing record in their lifetimes. Through 8 games it seemed like this streak would end, but then the bye week occurred and the Steelers turned things around.

I feel even worse for Browns fans born in 1998 or after.

2 hours ago, MWil23 said:

Pretty much my thoughts here. It was a horrendous scheme and weather for acquiring Watson and pairing him with this offense, let alone in this division with the Lake effect and no receivers.

Whats done is done. Get some receivers and hopefully it works next year. More likely scenario is KS is gone at the bye.

Wake me up in 2028 after we blow it all up again.

Wow this boat is getting crowdedOh My God Wow GIF

Each of the last two seasons we won in week 1 we ended up finishing last. The last time that happened was 2004 which happened to be Big Ben's breakout season. That 15-1 record could have been ours but Butch Davis snoozed on him and lost, choosing a player who ultimately never played a postseason game on any NFL team (in contrast with his father, who made multiple playoff appearances with the Chargers), playing on two 10-6 teams that failed to make the playoffs. Ironically Winslow played in multiple BCS games with Miami (FL) including 2 title games, one of which was lost to Ohio State, while Big Ben never appeared in one for Miami (OH), being passed up for one in 2003.

That draft choice in 2004 ended up being so bad Davis did not make it to the end of the season as coach. His next coaching stop ended in controversy when he presided over NCAA violations at North Carolina. Davis has never been HC in the NFL or Power 5 since then. Ironically, one of the players central to those violations, Greg Little, would end up playing for the Browns. It's safe to say none of this would have happened if Davis had taken Big Ben.

As it stands, 1994 is still the last season where we won our opener and did not finish last, as well as the last season where we rode a week 1 win into a playoff berth.

7 minutes ago, pf9 said:

Each of the last two seasons we won in week 1 we ended up finishing last. The last time that happened was 2004 which happened to be Big Ben's breakout season. That 15-1 record could have been ours but Butch Davis snoozed on him and lost, choosing a player who ultimately never played a postseason game on any NFL team (in contrast with his father, who made multiple playoff appearances with the Chargers), playing on two 10-6 teams that failed to make the playoffs. Ironically Winslow played in multiple BCS games with Miami (FL) including 2 title games, one of which was lost to Ohio State, while Big Ben never appeared in one for Miami (OH), being passed up for one in 2003.

That draft choice in 2004 ended up being so bad Davis did not make it to the end of the season as coach. His next coaching stop ended in controversy when he presided over NCAA violations at North Carolina. Davis has never been HC in the NFL or Power 5 since then. Ironically, one of the players central to those violations, Greg Little, would end up playing for the Browns. It's safe to say none of this would have happened if Davis had taken Big Ben.

As it stands, 1994 is still the last season where we won our opener and did not finish last, as well as the last season where we rode a week 1 win into a playoff berth.

Do we really need to go through the history of this team? I think everyone knows 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, JDD said:

Do we really need to go through the history of this team? I think everyone knows 

We must be reminded. 

It’s the self-loathing debt we owe ourselves as Browns fans, annually. The NFL tells me this by playing “The Drive” montage every time we play Denver.

Perhaps we could be reminded in a more linear and less tributary way though …

• Like 4

54 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

We must be reminded. 

It’s the self-loathing debt we owe ourselves as Browns fans, annually. The NFL tells me this by playing “The Drive” montage every time we play Denver.

Perhaps we could be reminded in a more linear and less tributary way though …

Or reminded nearly every game how many QBs we've had since our return.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, DawgX said:

Hey Mike how are you?

Mayfield 51 rating vs bottom 10 defense. Question due you trade Mayfield for kenny Pickles straight up?

Answer me Where Are You Waiting GIF by This GIF Is Hauntedyes or no

The question is does Pittsburgh trade 

Pickett straight up for leshaun if you do not go over there and ask them I will

Clearly Mayfield had a much better year

Without 10 pro bowlers you still have not answered my question 

Nor have your 5 friends

1 hour ago, mtmmike said:

The question is does Pittsburgh trade 

Pickett straight up for leshaun if you do not go over there and ask them I will

Clearly Mayfield had a much better year

Without 10 pro bowlers you still have not answered my question 

Nor have your 5 friends

Yes they would in a heartbeat. 

• 3 weeks later...

I saw the other day that Denver let interim HC Jerry Rosburg go, and told him he would not be part of the incoming staff.

IIRC, when he was our ST coach our units were ELITE. That's why the Ratbirds snagged him from us.

Note to Stefanski - if you want to be HEAD COACH - act like it. Grow a set, and go get the man. I bet we'll know how to actually recover an onside kick then, instead of being there and just watching the ball bounce by....

Still fuming over that one.

• Like 2