Initial Diagnosis for Jon Allen is just Knee Hyperextension

MKnight82

30 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

I sure hope he didn’t tear anything. We certainly can’t afford to have one of our best DL missing a lot of time next year again.

Agreed. Would really love to have at least 8 solid DL locked down coming into the season — Allen/Payne/Mathis/Ridgeway at DT and Young/Sweat/JSW/?? at DE. I assume they’ll probably want to stay in house for that DE4 spot, but man I’d love to see them bring in a real fireball of a pure pass-rusher that could just come screaming off the edge on some of these 3rd downs. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, e16bball said:

Agreed. Would really love to have at least 8 solid DL locked down coming into the season — Allen/Payne/Mathis/Ridgeway at DT and Young/Sweat/JSW/?? at DE. I assume they’ll probably want to stay in house for that DE4 spot, but man I’d love to see them bring in a real fireball of a pure pass-rusher that could just come screaming off the edge on some of these 3rd downs. 

Gotta be Obada for the 4th DE IMO

1 hour ago, e16bball said:

Toohill has been rather solid as a rotational DL has he not? I’d pencil him as #8.

3 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

Toohill has been rather solid as a rotational DL has he not? I’d pencil him as #8.

Efe Obada has had 3 sacks on the season, just like JSW despite JSW having 158 more snaps. Obada has a 5.5 sack season under his belt when he played for the Panthers in 2020.

Obada also gives them flexibility as he can play some DT. Hard to imagine Toohill is kept over Obada.

4 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Gotta be Obada for the 4th DE IMO

4 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

They’ll probably keep both, to be honest. I like Obada as a swing guy who can give you a little juice inside as an interior rusher. And I think Toohill has been solid enough as well.

They’re just kinda redundant. That would give us 5 EDGE players who I would classify somewhere between “balanced” and “pure run defender.” Just would rather see someone in the mix who is hyper-explosive and twitchy, as I think that would add a different element than we currently have. To me, that addition would complement the group we have better than just having 5 guys who mostly do the same thing.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, e16bball said:

They’ll probably keep both, to be honest. I like Obada as a swing guy who can give you a little juice inside as an interior rusher. And I think Toohill has been solid enough as well.

They’re just kinda redundant. That would give us 5 EDGE players who I would classify somewhere between “balanced” and “pure run defender.” Just would rather see someone in the mix who is hyper-explosive and twitchy, as I think that would add a different element than we currently have. To me, that addition would complement the group we have better than just having 5 guys who mostly do the same thing.

To get an athlete like that you’re probably talking about a 3rd round pick or higher and I don’t think we can afford that.

• Like 1