Week 18: Detroit Lions (8-8) @ Green Bay Packers (8-8)

Louis Friend

5 hours ago, Just Want A Title said:

The weather is probably going to be in the 20s and 30s.  This game is all about the running game  and short-passing game for both teams. The Lions have to keep Aaron Jones and AJ Dillion in-check on defense.  They have to establish their running game on offense to keep Aaron Rodgers and company off the field and open up their passing game. 

I suspect our TEs will have to have big role in the passing game.  We should use our 3-headed TE monster (Brock Wright, Shane Zystra and Steven Mitchell) as much as we can.  We will also have to limit Mercedes Lewis and Robert Tonyan.  Robert Tonyan in particular could be very dangerous in a game like this.

*James Mitchell

I didn't even realize Mercedes Lewis was playing this season. 😂

13 minutes ago, Just Want A Title said:

Its crazy that he is their starting TE.  His rookie season was 2006.  He is just one of those guys who can catch passes until they are 75.

I had to look it up because I really didn't believe it. I've watched a few GB games this season and hadn't seen him. He has 6 catches on 7 targets in 16 games played. 

6 hours ago, Louis Friend said:

Look, I just want to get in first. Then the first playoff win in 30 years. 😂

Your team is on the upswing.  I've watched a lot of your games this year and things are definitely moving in the right direction for your team. With two first round draft picks you're going to continue to get better in the near term. For some reason, a lot of media is almost acting like the Packers are already in the playoffs. That's just plain disrespectful in my opinion. While I'm a Packer fan and want us to win, if we lose, I hope you all get in. I've enjoyed watching your team this year as your a fun team to watch.

When Wolf turned around the Packers in the early to mid 1990's, success didn't happen all at once. But what Wolf was great at, was continually improving the team each year and getting rid of the 5-7 worst players on the team from the previous year and replacing them with better players. You didn't have to say "why is that guy still on the team" as Wolf would get rid of them. Getting Favre has a key piece, but Wolf never forgot about the defense. Each year the defense got better until they were a top 5 defense. That's when they actually starting contending for championships. I'm noticing some of the same things happening to your team the last several years. Your offensive line is top notch and your receivers are underrated. On defense, Hutchinson looks like a keeper. Keep adding 3-4 pieces each year and you'll get there very soon.

Best of luck this weekend...I know you all will bring it.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, minnypackerfan said:

Your team is on the upswing.  I've watched a lot of your games this year and things are definitely moving in the right direction for your team. With two first round draft picks you're going to continue to get better in the near term. For some reason, a lot of media is almost acting like the Packers are already in the playoffs. That's just plain disrespectful in my opinion. While I'm a Packer fan and want us to win, if we lose, I hope you all get in. I've enjoyed watching your team this year as your a fun team to watch.

When Wolf turned around the Packers in the early to mid 1990's, success didn't happen all at once. But what Wolf was great at, was continually improving the team each year and getting rid of the 5-7 worst players on the team from the previous year and replacing them with better players. You didn't have to say "why is that guy still on the team" as Wolf would get rid of them. Getting Favre has a key piece, but Wolf never forgot about the defense. Each year the defense got better until they were a top 5 defense. That's when they actually starting contending for championships. I'm noticing some of the same things happening to your team the last several years. Your offensive line is top notch and your receivers are underrated. On defense, Hutchinson looks like a keeper. Keep adding 3-4 pieces each year and you'll get there very soon.

Best of luck this weekend...I know you all will bring it.

Thanks. Best of luck to you guys in 15 games next season. 😉

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, LionArkie said:

Hopefully some good refs. We've had our share of bad calls against GB over the years. Of course, we sucked and it just didn't help matters.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/lions-vs-packers-draws-referee-181304010.html

The two "hands to the face" against Trey Flowers directly impacted that game. 

• Like 1