Week 18: Detroit Lions (8-8) @ Green Bay Packers (8-8)

Louis Friend

It’s not even just the bad calls themselves. It’s when they come at key moments in the game over and over again. Extending drives for GB, or ending drives for us. Then they throw random garbage time flags to level out the number of flags against both teams to make it seem even. 

• Like 6

4 hours ago, Lionized said:

It’s not even just the bad calls themselves. It’s when they come at key moments in the game over and over again. Extending drives for GB, or ending drives for us. Then they throw random garbage time flags to level out the number of flags against both teams to make it seem even. 

100%

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Lionized said:

I saw an article about this officiating crew. Apparently they are the 3rd highest for 'roughing the passer' calls. You can just see Hutch or Houston coming in with a big sack on 3rd down and getting a roughing the passer call in a key moment of the game. 

https://lionswire.usatoday.com/2023/01/04/lions-vs-packers-draws-referee-brad-rogers-and-his-officiating-crew/

"This will be Rogers’ first assignment with the Packers all season. He was the referee in New York when the Lions beat the Giants back in Week 11. His crew lands in the middle of the range for penalties called by a crew. The home/away splits on calls are pretty neutral, with 89 on the home team and 84 on the road team. Rogers and his crew are near the bottom in holding calls on both offense and defense but have thrown the third-most roughing-the-passer flags of the 17 NFL crews in 2022."

Edited by Karnage84
  • Like 3

I told you guys at the beginning of the year I thought the Lions would finish in second place in the division. Now, I'm hoping it's third. 

You could see what was being built and it's just the beginning, the Lions are headed in the right direction. Good luck on Sunday, but not too much luck. I'm a Packer fan through and through but live in MIchigan since age of 8. 

There is definitely a bright future for this team moving forward. There are a whole lot of very good pieces to the puzzle. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Old Guy said:

I told you guys at the beginning of the year I thought the Lions would finish in second place in the division. Now, I'm hoping it's third. 

You could see what was being built and it's just the beginning, the Lions are headed in the right direction. Good luck on Sunday, but not too much luck. I'm a Packer fan through and through but live in MIchigan since age of 8. 

There is definitely a bright future for this team moving forward. There are a whole lot of very good pieces to the puzzle. 

Thanks for the kind words about the Lions. What impresses me most is they started 1-6.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, diehardlionfan said:

Thanks for the kind words about the Lions. What impresses me most is they started 1-6.

That impresses me but also frustrates me.  If we somehow slowed down Seattle or Miami or didnt blow the MN game, we would already be in.  I do get we are a young team and it takes time to grow and develop players but those were three frustrating losses at the time and even bigger right now, especially that Seattle game with them being tied with us.  

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

That impresses me but also frustrates me.  If we somehow slowed down Seattle or Miami or didnt blow the MN game, we would already be in.  I do get we are a young team and it takes time to grow and develop players but those were three frustrating losses at the time and even bigger right now, especially that Seattle game with them being tied with us.  

That team needed to learn how to win. I think that only happens through these type of losses and learning to persevere. Much of my thoughts on this are going to be realized next year, but I'd gladly take a playoff miss this year if it means this team, for as young as it is, learned how to win in the future years. This team still is not ready from a talent stand point alone on defense for the playoffs. If we make the playoffs this year, it's just gravy for me. In the end, they did better than I expected for 2022.

Now, the Lions still have not proven two things to me. Can they do what they have done the last 8 games for an entire season? And two, can they win when they have expectations on them to win? They handle the underdog role very well, but I want them to handle a contenders role even better. This season has shown me what they might be, next year will show me who they are.

Edited by LionArkie
  • Like 2

51 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

Yeah, this team has to start seasons better.

2021- 0-10 to start

2022- 1-6 to start

Hard to come back from holes like that.