The New QB Thread: Who will be the Raiders QB next season?

RaidersAreOne

Who will be the Raiders QB next year?   

53 members have voted

1. 1. Raiders starter in 2023

• Derek Carr
    • Tom Brady
    • Jarrett Stidham
    • Jimmy Garoppolo
    • Aaron Rodgers
    • Baker Mayfield
    • CJ Stroud
    • Bryce Young
    • Will Levis
    • Other (Please Specify)

After 2.5 years, 371 pages and over 5,600 posts, I think a brand new thread about our eventual QBOTF is very warranted. Lots of pain and lols were expressed in this gong show: 

Carr is out and we now have a Hoover Dam sized hole at the most important position. What should McD/Ziegler do? Sign a big name vet, make a splash trade, draft a young star early, develop one in the middle rounds, stick with Stidham, etc?

34ifo0.gif

35 minutes ago, dante9876 said:

Focus has to be trying to trade Carr. We need to work that out before talking about drafting a guy. Get some assets for carr is most important. 

While at this point I’d absolutely love to trade Carr, I really don’t think it’s going to happen.  We can’t trust a team to honor the trade until it can be made official.  That sucks because getting a 2 and 3 for him would really help us.

Personally, I’d absolutely love to see McDaniels push to trade Carr, the deal collapses because the team withdraws just to screw over McDaniels and then TommyBoy fires him for the mistake…. And we keep Carr.  Not going to happen but I’d die laughing.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

While at this point I’d absolutely love to trade Carr, I really don’t think it’s going to happen.  We can’t trust a team to honor the trade until it can be made official.  That sucks because getting a 2 and 3 for him would really help us.

Personally, I’d absolutely love to see McDaniels push to trade Carr, the deal collapses because the team withdraws just to screw over McDaniels and then TommyBoy fires him for the mistake…. And we keep Carr.  Not going to happen but I’d die laughing.

I would hate that scenario. Another new system for carr. I think this whole back out of a trade is getting played up. This a qb driven league. 3 teams was eliminated from playoffs today cause of qb play. I think if somebody is set on Carr and agrees to a trade, they not backing out. Unless somebody like lamar becomes available to them. Carr agent and team will be working on trade as soon as season ends. Carr won't get another 40 million dollar deal on open market. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

Teams won't arbitrarily renege like that, they'd be blackballed from trades by so many other teams. There's precedent, this has been done before and it wasn't a big deal.  As a matter of fact I can't think of a time a team verbally agreed publicly to a trade and turned tail on their word, ever. But I can think of dozens of trades that happen before legally allowed and get completed. This idea that a team would change their mind is mostly drawn from irrational fear, it hasn't actually ever happened and I doubt it ever would. 

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

Hats off to Stidham. That was a badass performance. 

I want to see more and we only have 1 game left which sucks cause I want to see a 4-5 game sample size. He could be something just need to see it again.

Also I know it’s just a one game sample size but there was 5-6 plays where 4 would have abandoned or given up on. Those plays is the reason why 4 is not the starter anymore. Stidham came in and made those plays the first time. 

That says a lot man. It really does 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BayRaider said:

Carr will eventually stop being so bitter and immature and agree to a trade. Why? He’s not getting 40M on the open market. And Carr knows it. He’s not worth 40M. But in a trade, he keeps his contract and salary. 

One of the beat reporters believes Carr will get more on the open market. It’s a toss up what will happen

12 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

Hats off to Stidham. That was a badass performance. 

I want to see more and we only have 1 game left which sucks cause I want to see a 4-5 game sample size. He could be something just need to see it again.

We stuck with Carr too long this season. Stidham had the offense humming and rolling in the preseason 

We could of win 2 to 3 games extra this season

3 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Carr will eventually stop being so bitter and immature and agree to a trade. Why? He’s not getting 40M on the open market. And Carr knows it. He’s not worth 40M. But in a trade, he keeps his contract and salary. 

What are we looking at?  Trading from 9 to 2? That's entirely doable.