The New QB Thread: Who will be the Raiders QB next season?

RaidersAreOne

Who will be the Raiders QB next year?   

53 members have voted

1. 1. Raiders starter in 2023

• Derek Carr
    • Tom Brady
    • Jarrett Stidham
    • Jimmy Garoppolo
    • Aaron Rodgers
    • Baker Mayfield
    • CJ Stroud
    • Bryce Young
    • Will Levis
    • Other (Please Specify)

50 minutes ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

So we made a new QB thread to talk about Carr in? 

Neat.....

Could've swore a lot of y'all said you wouldn't talk about him any longer since he's not on the team?..... Guess not, huh?

Last I checked he was still on the team.... 

• Like 2

21 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Pretty clear to me that it will be someone who know McDaniels offense. Brady or Jimmy G, followed by Stidham. 

I think they can win with any of those guys if they can get the defense to average. 

I agree with this, and think that’s likely the exact order of preference as well.

We’ll try to get Brady first, but he might choose to go somewhere else instead.

On 1/3/2023 at 11:37 AM, big_palooka said:

Pretty clear to me that it will be someone who know McDaniels offense. Brady or Jimmy G, followed by Stidham. 

I think they can win with any of those guys if they can get the defense to average. 

This is how I see it. JMD needs win next year and I can’t see him going with someone who doesn’t know his offense. 

Jacoby Brissett could be added to the list as well. 

1 hour ago, Dessie said:

This is how I see it. JMD needs win next year and I can’t see him going with someone who doesn’t know his offense. 

Jacoby Brissett could be added to the list as well. 

I’d say try to sign him and Jimmy G to team-friendly deals, keep Stidham, and have an open competition at QB next year. I absolutely want zero part of Brady.

Edited by IdigtheRaiders!

I'd rather trade for Jordan Love than go with boring, low upside options like Jimmy G and Brissett.

Also not spend a top pick on risky Levis/Richardson type prospects, and instead use that pick on the best defensive player available.

2 minutes ago, Rich7sena said:

I wrote this in the News thread, but my bet would be Mac Jones. There were rumors of the Patriots wanting to trade for Carr a couple seasons ago and there appears to be friction between Jones and the coaching staff in New England.

Those rumors were when JMD and his staff along with Ziegler were in NE.

Any cold weather team who looks at carr seriously is ignoring facts, I like DC and think he’s a good QB. With his faults, one of which is his horrible track record in cold weather. If they ignore that, they’re setting themselves up for disappointment. Plain n simple.