The New QB Thread: Who will be the Raiders QB next season?

RaidersAreOne

Who will be the Raiders QB next year?   

53 members have voted

1. 1. Raiders starter in 2023

• Derek Carr
    • Tom Brady
    • Jarrett Stidham
    • Jimmy Garoppolo
    • Aaron Rodgers
    • Baker Mayfield
    • CJ Stroud
    • Bryce Young
    • Will Levis
    • Other (Please Specify)

31 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

well starting to become unrationally pumped for Rodgers haha. 
didnt think i wanted him, but, as it becomes more and more possible, gotta think the guy could put up 50 Tds with Adams waller and renfrow. 

I am the biggest sucker of a fan lol. I will buy in completely if they get him .

IMO he is the only realistic clear big upgrade out there. Lamar i cant see. 
then go get some D help, tell our D just play for turnovers cause we are going to be scoring. 

Rodgers puts us in contention to play for the superbowl....which will be held in vegas. Would be the best storyline of the season.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, NickButera said:

Rodgers puts us in contention to play for the superbowl....which will be held in vegas. Would be the best storyline of the season.

I know. Pessemistic me thinks him and Adams never (i believe) made it to SB in Green Bay, and they had some decent Ds those years, so why would he come to the tougher division AFC, and make it. 
But our O would really be set up to be a historically good O. 

Then with Maxx and hopefully a few somewhat new decent players our D can do just enough. 

11 minutes ago, NickButera said:

Rodgers is the only player we can acquire that would reignite the fanbase as well.  

I would absolutely love Rodgers here, and it was my #1 offseason hope. However, looking at how we've structured all our contracts there's one interesting fact and it's been noticed by others. We give out meager signing bonus's. They are puny comparative to what other clubs give out. I know the whole "Mark is cash poor" has been mostly debunked and I personally don't believe it....however when you don't have money to throw around this is usually this is what it looks like from an owners perspective. You have money, but not on hand...therefor you can give out large contracts but with small bonus's upfront.

Crosby: 13 million signing bonus.

Carr: 7.5 million signing bonus

Adams: 19.2 millions signing bonus. 

Rodgers has a 15 mil cap hit, but we have to pay our 59 million in cash in year one.  For whatever reason exists, Davis doesn't do contracts like this. It would be one thing that would HAVE to be re-worked for him to come here. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, NickButera said:

I would absolutely love Rodgers here, and it was my #1 offseason hope. However, looking at how we've structured all our contracts there's one interesting fact and it's been noticed by others. We give out meager signing bonus's. They are puny comparative to what other clubs give out. I know the whole "Mark is cash poor" has been mostly debunked and I personally don't believe it....however when you don't have money to throw around this is usually this is what it looks like from an owners perspective. You have money, but not on hand...therefor you can give out large contracts but with small bonus's upfront.

Rodgers has a 15 mil cap hit, but we have to pay our 59 million in cash in year one.  For whatever reason exists, Davis doesn't do contracts like this. It would be one thing that would HAVE to be re-worked for him to come here. 

Didn't he say that he'd be willing to rework his deal? Considering the financial aspects along with Rodgers year-to-year approach, I think there's actually a decent chance that we can get him without having to give up a crazy amount of assets. 

1 hour ago, NickButera said:

I think Davis will honestly do whatever it takes to land a big fish at QB. He was livid seeing the 49ers taking over our stadium. He needs to put Raider fans back in the seats and getting Arod will cost but also make him a ton of money.

I don't think he's going to be too skittish of acquiring him due to financial reasons imo.

4 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

I think Davis will honestly do whatever it takes to land a big fish at QB. He was livid seeing the 49ers taking over our stadium. He needs to put Raider fans back in the seats and getting Arod will cost but also make him a ton of money.

I don't think he's going to be too skittish of acquiring him due to financial reasons imo.

Exactly. The one thing you can say about Brady or Rodgers is that they will put butts (the other name for a donkey is really starred out on here?!) in seats and sell a ton of merch. They practically pay for themselves in that regard.

I don’t think the finances will have had anything to do with it if we miss out on Rodgers.

Edited by Nightmare