The New QB Thread: Who will be the Raiders QB next season?

RaidersAreOne

Who will be the Raiders QB next year?   

53 members have voted

1. 1. Raiders starter in 2023

• Derek Carr
    • Tom Brady
    • Jarrett Stidham
    • Jimmy Garoppolo
    • Aaron Rodgers
    • Baker Mayfield
    • CJ Stroud
    • Bryce Young
    • Will Levis
    • Other (Please Specify)

1 hour ago, NickButera said:

I got flack suggesting this 3 weeks ago. 

So, is anyone else ready to join me on the Purdy train? If they get Brady they very well be willing to part with either lance or Purdy. And I doubt we'd have to give up starter QB compensation. I would be fine if this was an option for us if we can't get Brady or Mac Jones.

I was thinking of this earlier and couldn't think of the compensation he would go for on the trade market. Could we get him for a 3rd? 

1 hour ago, NickButera said:

So, is anyone else ready to join me on the Purdy train? If they get Brady they very well be willing to part with either lance or Purdy. And I doubt we'd have to give up starter QB compensation. I would be fine if this was an option for us if we can't get Brady or Mac Jones.

I doubt that they'd trade him tbh. Brady is likely only going to play 1, maybe 2 more seasons. Purdy has more value for them going forward than a draft pick, dude is balling out.

2 hours ago, NickButera said:

What Brock has done is very impressive, Brady/Warneresque. However Shanahan is a wizard who can do more with QBs. I’m not sure he could be as productive in JMDs offense. Also I don’t see any reason for SF to get rid of him, he’s really cheap and can obviously push to be the starter. 

I think it’s going to be a former Patriot who will start for LV. 

Kyle passed on Tom cause of his age. Him being older is not gonna change. 49ers will be linked cause that’s was his team growing up. Makes no sense with Lance and Purdy

Why would Tom want to go play in the cold with the Titans. A team that has zero targets at WR

Dolphins are a possibility and would make a lot of sense. Tua head issues offense where he could really put up some numbers.

To me it’s not about if the Raiders want Brady cause we known that they do for that past 3 years. It’s about if Tom wants the Raiders 

Brady going to SF is not happening. They literally have two possible starting QB’s on their team. I think he retires but if he doesn’t… the Jets. Perfect situation just like the Bucs were. Amazing offensive cast… Garrett Wilson, Elijah Moore, Corey Davis, Breece Hall, James Robinson, good OL, Potential Top 3 Defense. Jets are not gonna want Carr, dude sucks in the cold and it’s frickin New York. 

I say options from most likely to least likely:

1) Retirement

2) Jets

3) Raiders

4) Bucs

5) Patriots

I think the Raiders are drafting a QB in the 1st. We’ll sign a vet like Mayfield to compete with Stidham. Rookie QB rides the bench half the season. 

On 1/14/2023 at 8:22 AM, NYRaider said:

This. Carr immediately removing all of his Raiders stuff on social media, his brother's rant on national television, and his farewell post to Raider nation before we even started exploring trade options hurt the teams leverage. Jimmy G's replacement was already on their roster and everyone said that he'd be cut or traded. Did he immediately come out and publicly comment that he was done in San Francisco? No, he waited to see how everything was going to play out and then ultimately was brought back. 

Carr and his camp aren't the brightest bowls in the bowl drawer though. He'll be lucky to get half of his current deal if we ultimately just have to cut him.

I hate on Jimmy G as much as Carr because they are such similar QB’s, but you’re right, Jimmy wasn’t immature nor sensitive about this, he did it the right way. Carr got sensitive as always. He should of done this when he was actually released or traded. That’s a mature way to handle things. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BayRaider said:

Brady going to SF is not happening. They literally have two possible starting QB’s on their team. I think he retires but if he doesn’t… the Jets. Perfect situation just like the Bucs were. Amazing offensive cast… Garrett Wilson, Elijah Moore, Corey Davis, Breece Hall, James Robinson, good OL, Potential Top 3 Defense. Jets are not gonna want Carr, dude sucks in the cold and it’s frickin New York. 

1) Retirement

2) Jets

3) Raiders

4) Bucs

5) Patriots

I think the Raiders are drafting a QB in the 1st. We’ll sign a vet like Mayfield to compete with Stidham. Rookie QB rides the bench half the season. 

Brady doesn’t strike me as someone that wants to play in a cold weather city. iirc being in warm weather was one of the. IG things that drew him to Tampa.

McDaniels isn’t leaving his job on the shoulders of Stidham and Baker. They’ll get a proven guy. Jimmy or Brady. 

5 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

Anthony Richardson 

Weird seeing you hype up a QB that’s not Carr. 

And Frankie changed his avy. 

The world is ending….

As for Richardson, massive project…. and massive risk. But his skillset has superstar potential for sure. #7 is a little rich for me, maybe with a trade down to 15. I would rather trade up for Stroud though. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, BayRaider said:

1) Retirement

2) Jets

3) Raiders

4) Bucs

5) Patriots

I think retirement is least likely. Dude destroyed his family to play football. He’s not going to walk away until he’s not wanted. 

1 hour ago, Chali21 said:

I think retirement is least likely. Dude destroyed his family to play football. He’s not going to walk away until he’s not wanted. 

We have no idea what was happening with their family. For all we know it was destroyed during the 40 days he retired but they announced divorce way later. 

37 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

We have no idea what was happening with their family. For all we know it was destroyed during the 40 days he retired but they announced divorce way later. 

Honestly you’re right I don’t know. I’m not even being sarcastic, the two might not be related and I’m talking out of my butt. 

2 minutes ago, Chali21 said:

Honestly you’re right I don’t know. I’m not even being sarcastic, the two might not be related and I’m talking out of my butt. 

I mean you could be right, we just have no idea. But I like I said, one of them could have cheated during those 40 days, or anything really. This stuff doesn’t become public.