The New QB Thread: Who will be the Raiders QB next season?

RaidersAreOne

Who will be the Raiders QB next year?   

53 members have voted

1. 1. Raiders starter in 2023

• Derek Carr
    • Tom Brady
    • Jarrett Stidham
    • Jimmy Garoppolo
    • Aaron Rodgers
    • Baker Mayfield
    • CJ Stroud
    • Bryce Young
    • Will Levis
    • Other (Please Specify)

The new team would have a $15.79 million 2023 cap hit for Rodgers consisting of the $14.575 million of option proration bonus, his $1.165 million base salary and $50,000 workout bonus. Rodgers' 2024, 2025 and 2026 cap numbers would be $32,541,666, $51,141,166 and $45,291,668. 

You can literally trade for Rodgers and give Jacobs a massive extension and only have to pay them what you were already going to pay Carr anyways, lol.

Edited by NYRaider

8 minutes ago, Geezy said:

Yea it’s just you, shoot me that 3rd! 

Ive noticed, the fans who have wanted Carr gone for a while, just want to cut him. LOL
they are terrified of Carr coming back for some reason, so they would rather just cut him than work a trade.

15 hours ago, IdigtheRaiders! said:

Waller and #7 is the absolute most I’d give up for Rodgers, absolutely nothing more than that. If GB comes back with their two-FRPs demand, I’m laughing in their face and walking away (if I’m Ziegler).

That said: If I’m Ziegler and 2nd-round pick + 3rd-round pick = Rodgers in Vegas, I’m doing that deal without hesitation. After that, I’d be all in on trying to trade down from #7 to accumulate more draft capital.

Waller is past the point of having any real substantial value.   He's played in 20 games the last 2 seasons, already 30 years old, and due 4 years, $50M+ for the team acquiring him.  I think he's probably worth a ~3rd round pick right now and that's if you were a team that thought a change of scenery would do him some good.  And the Packers' cap situation is pretty rough next year with a Rodgers' trade, so it seems unlikely they'd want players with big cap numbers coming back.

51 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Is it just me or if I’m only getting a 3rd for carr I’d rather cut him then stress until trade time officially came. 

A 3rd round pick /mid round was the most I was expecting from Carr in a draft compensation. So I’d be happy with it. Always thought a 1st was never gonna happen. Even 2nd was a stretch. Still think the most likely scenario is he will be cut. 

40 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

Ive noticed, the fans who have wanted Carr gone for a while, just want to cut him. LOL
they are terrified of Carr coming back for some reason, so they would rather just cut him than work a trade.

Bruh Carr ain’t coming back under no circumstances

16 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Carr is visiting with the Saints if we can get #29 or something like #40/#71, it'd be much easier to stomach trading away the 7th pick. 

This.  If I'm Las Vegas, I'm angling to upgrade my pick(s) when trading with New Orleans.  Even something like Carr/38 for 29/91 is roughly a late SRP in value.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

LOL i understand, which is why its funny people are saying to just cut him right now. 

Since today is the 8th, might as well exhaust the trade time before cutting him.

The Saints might jump the competition by surrendering a 3rd rounder. So who knows it’s up to Carr to agree to a trade. In my opinion, if I’m Carr I would rather become a FA

4 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

Since today is the 8th, might as well exhaust the trade time before cutting him.

The Saints might jump the competition by surrendering a 3rd rounder. So who knows it’s up to Carr to agree to a trade. In my opinion, if I’m Carr I would rather become a FA

Makes the most sense for NO to trade for him since they can restructure his contract. If he hits FA they won’t be able to afford him