The New QB Thread: Who will be the Raiders QB next season?

RaidersAreOne

Who will be the Raiders QB next year?   

53 members have voted

1. 1. Raiders starter in 2023

• Derek Carr
    • Tom Brady
    • Jarrett Stidham
    • Jimmy Garoppolo
    • Aaron Rodgers
    • Baker Mayfield
    • CJ Stroud
    • Bryce Young
    • Will Levis
    • Other (Please Specify)

Just now, Jeremy408 said:

Honestly Id role with stidham this year. were not gonna be competitive this year anyway. Next year we can try for Caleb provided he actually has the character

There are a lot of veteran options that are better than Stidham who won't break the bank. I'd give him a chance to compete for the job though.

11 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

There are a lot of veteran options that are better than Stidham who won't break the bank. I'd give him a chance to compete for the job though.

The problem is they aren't long-term options and they're gonna cost more than Stidham so I would rather just build the football team with a cheap quarterback this year and maybe have a chance to draft a better quarterback next year. What's the realistic situation that we're in. 

4 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

How do people just “assume” we’ll be in range to trade up for Caleb? Like it’s so easy. We’d have to pick Top 10 to have the ability to trade up, and that is not a lock. 

Yeah but that's the thing now we're back into the lottery position of we don't have a quarterback. There's not really a quick fix for this when it comes down to it

1 minute ago, Jeremy408 said:

The problem is they aren't long-term options and they're gonna cost more than Stidham so I would rather just build the football team with a cheap quarterback this year and maybe have a chance to draft a better quarterback next year. What's the realistic situation that we're in. 

I don't think guys like Brissett, Baker, etc are going to cost more than 5-6M in free agency. I just personally don't see anyway that JMD puts his job on Stidham's shoulders.

Just now, NYRaider said:

I don't think guys like Brissett, Baker, etc are going to cost more than 5-6M in free agency. I just personally don't see anyway that JMD puts his job on Stidham's shoulders.

Baker will cost more. Brissett and Stidham will probably be tomato tomato.

I don't see how he puts his job on any of their shoulders. But the reality is there's probably some kind of deal that he has with Mark Davis where he can't be fired the first two years. 

Edited by Jeremy408

3 hours ago, NYRaider said:

It seems almost inevitable that Levis is a Raider.

Are the lions sold on Goff? It's his last year of his contract. 

Aso, it would not surprise me if Atlanta jumped us in the draft for Levis.

McDaniels may be screwed over getting his veteran (Brady/Rodgers) AND screwed out of a top QB. Leaving us with a journeyman and a 2-3rd round project. I don't see him lasting the year of this happens. Our team won't be good enough to float a bad QB, and McDaniels isn't genius enough to compensate for a bad QB. He wasn't genius enough to compensate for a mediocre Carr. I'm fully preparing for the worst. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, NickButera said:

Are the lions sold on Goff? It's his last year of his contract. 

Aso, it would not surprise me if Atlanta jumped us in the draft for Levis.

McDaniels may be screwed over getting his veteran (Brady/Rodgers) AND screwed out of a top QB. Leaving us with a journeyman and a 2-3rd round project. I don't see him lasting the year of this happens. Our team won't be good enough to float a bad QB, and McDaniels isn't genius enough to compensate for a bad QB. He wasn't genius enough to compensate for a mediocre Carr. I'm fully preparing for the worst. 

Goff still has two years left on his deal and I don't see anyway that the Lions move on from him. He played really well down the stretch last season and basically saved their coach / GM's jobs. 

I've heard that Atlanta is content with Ridder but I could see them moving up. If Stroud / Young are the first two picks then we're not going to be in a great situation either way. We could still potentially land Aaron Rodgers but we just don't seem to have any interest in pursuing him.

Edited by NYRaider

12 hours ago, BayRaider said:

How do people just “assume” we’ll be in range to trade up for Caleb? Like it’s so easy. We’d have to pick Top 10 to have the ability to trade up, and that is not a lock. 

Agreed, Assuming they even declare which a lot can change a year from now.

Unless we are the worst team in the league which is highly doubtful, it would take a kings ransom to get Caleb Williams. That’s a big IF the team at #1 wants to give up the pick. 

It could take 3 1sts and 3 2nds to move up even 2 spots to get Williams or Maye.