2023 Free Agency

Dessie

On 1/3/2023 at 9:48 AM, Dessie said:

Couldn’t disagree with that list tbh. I agree that we need an upgrade at WR, Hollins is a #4 or #5 type but is so good on ST you want to keep him.

I agree but given the large amount of needs I wouldn’t be upset if we resigned Hollins and drafted or signed a deep threat WR, preferably one who can replace Renfrow as PR.  Renfrow does a good job but I’d like to preserve hIm.  Agholor or someone like him would be the type I’d want.  I thought T. Johnson could possibly give us that speed/deep threat element this year but didn’t.

but I think with Waller and Renfrow deserving so many targets we can get away with a lesser starter.  I’d rather have 2 #3 type WRs then just 1 Better starter.

• Like 2

On 1/4/2023 at 4:13 PM, Devilshark69 said:

Payne, dalvin Tomlinson, Zach Allen. Any one would help. Risner would be nice. I’d take tranquill for sure. Bates and Bell are both FAs. With different skill sets. Bates is a deep guy and prolly too expensive, bell is good handling te’s, which we could definitely use. 

I like Hargrave & Dre Mont Jones at DT as well although Hargrave will be costly. 

DJ Chark at WR, Seumalo & Nate David at G also.

47 minutes ago, Dessie said:

I like Hargrave & Dre Mont Jones at DT as well although Hargrave will be costly. 

DJ Chark at WR, Seumalo & Nate David at G also.

I think it’s crazy but I saw some Bronco’s page (similar to Raiderswire, Just Blog Baby, etc) that projected Dremont Jones to get 21M APY.  I laughed when I saw that but he could be rather expensive.  Another site I saw projected 15-16.5m apy.

1 hour ago, jimkelly02 said:

I think it’s crazy but I saw some Bronco’s page (similar to Raiderswire, Just Blog Baby, etc) that projected Dremont Jones to get 21M APY.  I laughed when I saw that but he could be rather expensive.  Another site I saw projected 15-16.5m apy.

Wow wasn’t expecting that much tbh.

Edited by Dessie

18 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

One thing I do wonder IF Brady does come will Gronk come out of retirement for a year. It was a package deal a couple years ago and i think it could happen for at least a year if Brady does come

im sure Gronk is down for Vegas. 

8 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

I was against keeping Waller but if he shows up against Kansas City, and seems complete re-motivated with a different QB, we should keep him for 2023. 

At this point, assuming Brady comes for 20 mil, the extra 6-10 we save can go to Jacobs, allows us to use the predetermined large cap and rollover we have from last year, and our draft picks, on online and defense. I'm all down for keeping everyone under contact we have. I'd rather not create more holes than we already have. 

• Like 1

Just now, NickButera said:

At this point, assuming Brady comes for 20 mil, the extra 6-10 we save can go to Jacobs, allows us to use the predetermined large cap and rollover we have from last year, and our draft picks, on online and defense. I'm all down for keeping everyone under contact we have. I'd rather not create more holes than we already have. 

The problem with Waller is he is our new Trent Brown, won't play through injury no matter how minor. I just hope a new QB motivates him, which it seemingly already has. I honestly think there was friction with Carr. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

The problem with Waller is he is our new Trent Brown, won't play through injury no matter how minor. I just hope a new QB motivates him, which it seemingly already has. I honestly think there was friction with Carr. 

This has been my feeling about Carr since the 2017 Commanders game.  Not that he is a bad person but he might be the type that does not understand how his words are perceived.

I saw in Stidham exactly what I have been criticizing Carr's on field play for a while.  It is also why I think a QB with less natural physical ability than Carr could get more out of players on the team.  In order for players to buy into a system the leaders need to do the same.  Carr could have said all the right things pregame but him refusing to take shots or sacrifice himself for the team makes it less likely for those lower level players to do the same.  Players will rally around Stidham or a Fitzpatrick.  Carr did not do that.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

This has been my feeling about Carr since the 2017 Commanders game.  Not that he is a bad person but he might be the type that does not understand how his words are perceived.

I saw in Stidham exactly what I have been criticizing Carr's on field play for a while.  It is also why I think a QB with less natural physical ability than Carr could get more out of players on the team.  In order for players to buy into a system the leaders need to do the same.  Carr could have said all the right things pregame but him refusing to take shots or sacrifice himself for the team makes it less likely for those lower level players to do the same.  Players will rally around Stidham or a Fitzpatrick.  Carr did not do that.

Agreed. There were two huge hits Stidham took in the pocket, both on throws to Adams. Carr would have never taken those shots and would have thrown it away, or braced for a sack (protecting himself for a less impactful hit). Stidham gained a TD on one play and massive yards on the other. 

10 hours ago, BayRaider said:

I know he had the big catch and celebration with Stidham last week, but, he did that against Steelers too. .
Also had a timely drop on a big play, where next play was an Int. 

Seemed like the same Waller to me last week. 
Just based of play, was there interview or anything where you get that vibe? 
Or just based off the year as a whole?