2023 Free Agency

Dessie

2 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

Too bad Johnny Wilson from FSU didn't declare. 

I have a feeling he could be a Waller-like player that moves from WR to TE and explodes. 

That said, I'd give him a shot at WR either way. 6'7 235 with sub 4.5 speed is just absurd. Really interested to see how he tests and measures next year. Even if he comes in 6'5 or 6'6, the H/W/S is really enticing, especially in the RZ. 

I'd take a look at Tyree Jackson, he's worth a flier IMO. 6'5" 250 with 4.5 speed, former college QB and super dynamic athlete. He looked like he was going to have a role in Philly in 2021 but he hurt his back at the end of training camp. He scored a TD when he started for them late in the year but tore his ACL so he missed most of last year too.

31 minutes ago, Geezy said:

If that’s the line of thinking then we might as well find a TE before “WR2”

It's different with Waller because even though he's technically a TE, he's essentially our WR2. I agree that we also need to find a promising young TE2 that can replace Moreau this year and possibly Waller going forward.

4 hours ago, Jerry said:

We should put Waller out wide as the #2 and draft/sign a TE or resign Moreau.  I'd love to have Adams/Waller/Renfrow/Moreau all on the field at the same time.  Waller is big and runs like a 4.4 40.  He could definitely be our WR2.  He's already being paid like it.

Moreau is probably going to get a nice FA deal. The draft is deep at TE, I'd look for a TE2 there with better upside. Moreau's lapses in pass catching are frustrating. 

I would love Big O in this offense. He's like having another OT on the line, but can move and should be a big red zone target. 

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

I'd take a look at Tyree Jackson, he's worth a flier IMO. 6'5" 250 with 4.5 speed, former college QB and super dynamic athlete. He looked like he was going to have a role in Philly in 2021 but he hurt his back at the end of training camp. He scored a TD when he started for them late in the year but tore his ACL so he missed most of last year too.

I remember him at Buffalo. 

Didn't make it as a QB but my goodness was he a super athlete. Def worth at least a 90 man spot at least to see what you can do. 

For another shameless Tennessee plug from me Id love for us to get Hyatt as a down field burner to compliment Adams. I feel like they would pair well. Unfortunately he is in the exact part of the draft where we would either have to trade up from the second or trade way down and use our first and I don’t think that is the best allocation of those resources at this point. Someone’s gonna get a good one in that kid though. 

23 minutes ago, FloydFan said:

For another shameless Tennessee plug from me Id love for us to get Hyatt as a down field burner to compliment Adams. I feel like they would pair well. Unfortunately he is in the exact part of the draft where we would either have to trade up from the second or trade way down and use our first and I don’t think that is the best allocation of those resources at this point. Someone’s gonna get a good one in that kid though. 

He plays at a different speed, he's crazy fast. Tyler Scott is also crazy fast and can be had a couple of rounds cheaper.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

He plays at a different speed, he's crazy fast. Tyler Scott is also crazy fast and can be had a couple of rounds cheaper.

I’ll need to look into Scott as well but yeah Jalen is an absolute monster. I just don’t think his projected area matches with our list and priority of needs. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, big_palooka said:

I would love Big O in this offense. He's like having another OT on the line, but can move and should be a big red zone target. 

Depending on how the rest of the offseason plays out we could be in prime position to land an elite TE prospect at #38 like Musgrave, Kincaid, or Washington. If you're going to go TE early, this is the year to do it, IMO.

Thinking about the QB room...anyone know how things are going to work with guys currently in the XFL? 

We're probably going into the season with Stidham and Garbers as of now, obviously subject to change. Both, imo, can be improved upon and/or could use some competition for at least the #3 role. 

Just saw Jack Coan is low key doing very well in the XFL right now. Dude was my 2022 QB crush but stuck around Indy that seemed clueless about QBs. Not a sexy prospect for the most part, but has enough physical talent and more than enough experience and smarts to make up for it as a QB2 type. 

At the very least, I'd like to make Garbers work for his spot as he hasn't really done anything of note yet, and if a guy can beat out Stidham too, hey great. Everyone should have to earn their spot. 

17 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

Thinking about the QB room...anyone know how things are going to work with guys currently in the XFL? 

We're probably going into the season with Stidham and Garbers as of now, obviously subject to change. Both, imo, can be improved upon and/or could use some competition for at least the #3 role. 

Just saw Jack Coan is low key doing very well in the XFL right now. Dude was my 2022 QB crush but stuck around Indy that seemed clueless about QBs. Not a sexy prospect for the most part, but has enough physical talent and more than enough experience and smarts to make up for it as a QB2 type. 

At the very least, I'd like to make Garbers work for his spot as he hasn't really done anything of note yet, and if a guy can beat out Stidham too, hey great. Everyone should have to earn their spot. 

I don't think XFL guys can sign contracts with NFL teams until their season is over, so around mid-may they'll all technically be free agents again.

Garbers wasn't good at Cal and hasn't shown anything that indicates he'll ever be more than a practice squad guy.

If we're going to draft a QB early I'm okay with bringing Stidham back but I'd prefer that we add another veteran QB to the room as well. Someone like Brissett, Dalton, or Bridgewater would suffice and I don't think any of them will be seeking very much money. Our coaching staff, particularly our offensive staff is extremely young and inexperienced. I think it would pay huge dividends to bring in an experienced QB for our rookie/potential franchise QB to lean on as he makes the adjustment to the NFL.

1 hour ago, FloydFan said:

I’ll need to look into Scott as well but yeah Jalen is an absolute monster. I just don’t think his projected area matches with our list and priority of needs. 

We do need a legitimate #2 WR outside and to add some speed to our passing game. But a first round WR is definitely a little rich considering the current state of the roster, I'd be okay with taking him at #38 if he somehow fell that far.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

We do need a legitimate #2 WR outside and to add some speed to our passing game. But a first round WR is definitely a little rich considering the current state of the roster, I'd be okay with taking him at #38 if he somehow fell that far.

Hell yeah absolutely. If he fell there I’m about it because like you said it is a need. Just can’t justify it for in the first unless we somehow got an amazing amount of picks for a trade down into the 20s.