2023 Free Agency

Dessie

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

Sure, but that's not happening. So it will be more of the same.

At least Jackson you feel you could go toe to toe with KC. Dude is a winner and would be fun to watch. 

Watching the news talking about possible collusion from the owners about lamar. Time for raiders to piss everyone off again lol

• Like 3

1 hour ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Watching the news talking about possible collusion from the owners about lamar. Time for raiders to piss everyone off again lol

I thought about that before they start talking about it. But the him being his own agent thing is off putting too.

On 3/6/2023 at 8:57 PM, NYRaider said:

A left guard at #7 overall? 

200w.gif?cid=6c09b952hgj1ysuzhq358h1l9h3

It would be a ‘Raiders’ thing to do 😀

Agreed though, with so many defensive holes, I’d be livid with an OG at 7. Never pick an OG in the first round!

I love that film by the way, the plastic surgery scene is hilarious 😂

On 3/6/2023 at 9:57 PM, raidr4life said:

Everything about him says top fight guard and instant starter 

A good DE or DT would be much more impactful than a generational OG though. Jacobs just lead the NFL in rushing with Bars and rookie Parham at OG. Guards are just not that valuable, grab another Parham in the third and we’d be absolutely fine.

Especially at 7 we could grab a Pro Bowl quality corner or pass rusher.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

A good DE or DT would be much more impactful than a generational OG though. Jacobs just lead the NFL in rushing with Bars and rookie Parham at OG. Guards are just not that valuable, grab another Parham in the third and we’d be absolutely fine.

Especially at 7 we could grab a Pro Bowl quality corner or pass rusher.

Yeah but a generational OG is a lot better than a below average DE (Ferrell). All depends on how the DE/DT plays. 

Nobody KNOWS skoronski is gonna be the second coming of q nelson, they’re strictly talking positional value for Pete’s sake. Lol. At 7? Cmon y’all. I’d rather go defense, sign just about anyone to replace bars, draft vorhees in the 3rd or 4th and let him basically redshirt. Levis, Richardson, Gonzales, Wilson, Murphy, etc. are all better positional value. And I do think skoronski will be good fwiw. And I’m also not sold on any of the above mentioned guys either except Gonzales. I personally want a trade down this year. But the point is positional value , especially for this particular team. Qb + defense > OG....currently imo. 

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Dessie said:

Who are the players that would be better and cheaper ? 

off the top of my head 

Stidham - Baker, Darnold, Jameis, Gardner, Wentz, Taylor Heinke could all be cheap and have more talent 

Elu- Isaiah Wynn, Andre Dillard, Jawaan Taylor - Elu ranked highly and might get paid 

Moreau- Dan Arnold, Irv Smith , OJ Howard- these guys would be cheap TE2 will nice potential 

Hollins- MeCole Hardman, Nelson Agholor, Daruis Slayton, Paris Campbell, Breshad Perriman- Hollins is coming off a career year, so a team might overpay him. 

Harmon- Juan Thornhill, Logan Ryan, Julian Love, Donovan Wilson, Adrian Amos, Terrell Edmunds, John Johnson, Keanu Neal, Eric Rowe - all younger and faster. could be in the same price ball park as Harmon. 

Edited by Humble_Beast

1 hour ago, Humble_Beast said:

off the top of my head 

Stidham - Baker, Darnold, Jameis, Gardner, Wentz, Taylor Heinke could all be cheap and have more talent 

Elu- Isaiah Wynn, Andre Dillard, Jawaan Taylor - Elu ranked highly and might get paid 

Moreau- Dan Arnold, Irv Smith , OJ Howard- these guys would be cheap TE2 will nice potential 

Hollins- MeCole Hardman, Nelson Agholor, Daruis Slayton, Paris Campbell, Breshad Perriman- Hollins is coming off a career year, so a team might overpay him. 

Harmon- Juan Thornhill, Logan Ryan, Julian Love, Donovan Wilson, Adrian Amos, Terrell Edmunds, John Johnson, Keanu Neal, Eric Rowe - all younger and faster. could be in the same price ball park as Harmon. 

Of the QBs not sure any of them will be cheaper than Stidham. 

I would be amazed if Elu gets more than Wynn. (couldn’t be bothered reading the rest of that list due to the shading out) 

On the safeties Harmon is probably better than most, if not they will be more expensive. Love especially would be more expensive. I would add a safety (Love) as the draft isn’t deep at safety

Hollins brings ST value so would be a value resigning and cheaper than those mentioned. Still would look to add a WR (Campbell) as well. 

Edited by Dessie

20 minutes ago, Dessie said:

Of the QBs not sure any of them will be cheaper than Stidham. 

I would be amazed if Elu gets more than Wynn. (couldn’t be bothered reading the rest of that list due to the shading out) 

On the safeties Harmon is probably better than most, if not they will be more expensive. Love especially would be more expensive. I would add a safety (Love) as the draft isn’t deep at safety

Hollins brings ST value so would be a value resigning and cheaper than those mentioned. Still would look to add a WR (Campbell) as well. 

I Taylor and A Dillard are solid RT options. Elu is being ranked as one of the higher RT on the market. Not sure how much he will demand, but I wouldn’t overpay. I also forgot to mention Jacoby Brissett, and Teddy. There’s only so many QB jobs… current openings 

- Jets - Ravens - Colts -Texans - Commanders - Panthers - Falcons - Bucs - Cardinals since Kyler is really hurt 

of per numbers- some of these QB going have to take QB2 money. You also have the rookie draft class, Rodgers and Lamar Jackson might get traded and Jimmy G prolly lands a decent starting spot. Starting spots going fill up quick 

11 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

I Taylor and A Dillard are solid RT options. Elu is being ranked as one of the higher RT on the market. Not sure how much he will demand, but I wouldn’t overpay. I also forgot to mention Jacoby Brissett, and Teddy. There’s only so many QB jobs… current openings 

- Jets - Ravens - Colts -Texans - Commanders - Panthers - Falcons - Bucs - Cardinals since Kyler is really hurt 

of per numbers- some of these QB going have to take QB2 money. You also have the rookie draft class, Rodgers and Lamar Jackson might get traded and Jimmy G prolly lands a decent starting spot. Starting spots going fill up quick 

You think Brissett will get less than Stidham ? 

Dillard is a left tackle.