2023 Free Agency

Dessie

3 hours ago, 101Raider said:

I feel like Tillery might have sealed his fate out of here when he had that awful unsportsmanlike penalty against the Rams.

every time McD and Ziegler talk about “getting smart players” and “learning to finish games” I can’t help but think back to that idiotic play.

I like when maxx talked about that plane ride home in his latest interview. 

• Like 1

On 3/6/2023 at 12:04 PM, RaidersAreOne said:

Chiefs are letting Orlando Brown hit FA. I wonder if we'd be interesting. IIRC though he wants to play LT only (Or be paid like a LT I guess)? He's a powerful mauler but struggles vs. speed as he is a mountain. He's only 26 and would be pricey.

Offer him the same contract we just gave Miller and say here's LT money now start on the right side or don't sign on the dotted line. I want a good T or G and draft 2 Olinemen and if Vorhees slips to the last 5th I'd triple dip. Actually quad up if a back up C slips to our first 5th. Before we add players in free agency or sign our own I'd double dip both Oline and CB in this draft. OL, CB, CB, OL also very deep TE selection which I'd do to replace/compete/put pressure on Waller. 

On 3/6/2023 at 12:45 PM, raidr4life said:

I won't lie if my free agency went like this then I'm drafting 

7. Peter Skoronski LG

38. B.J Ojulari Edge

70. Sidney Jones S

Man 

Miller, Skoronski, Parham, Seumalo, Elumanor

Would be a legit OL

If no trade down at 7 If I went oline (probably CB) but if I went Oline it's Broderick Jones and either play him on the right side but if not I'd move Miller in a heartbeat. Also would try Jones at LG and trade Miller next season and then Jones is LT.  Nothing wrong with Skoronski but trade down is needed as I think for any Oline. There are so many stud Centers too we could project them to G or keep Parham at G. Schmitz, Tippman, Avila, Wypler, Patterson, Oluwatimi, Stromberg, Scruggs let alone G/T's Torrence, Mauch, McClendon, Vorhees, Broeker, Kirkland. Skoronski, Paris, Broderick, Dawand, Harrison, Wright, Bergeron, Morris, Steen Freeland...That's TWO DOZEN guys who would compete on our roster. WE SUCK! lol 

3 hours ago, G said:

Just traded SIVB Friday morning pre-market before it got halted/government intervention. Made a quick 1K (35-37 500 shares) so I'm looking at Lamar just like if I had held those SIVB shares. Could open and EXPLODE and made me look smart, OR....Explode never trade/play at the level I paid for. If we do want Lamar we don't touch him until AFTER the draft. Hope he has two ALL PRO seasons and SB wins so we lose two pick 32's. Use the draft and free agency to build a team. I'd want Stiddy as the back up and if we build a team maybe Brady makes a move before we pay Lamar. 

Let me know you next trade lol…. Message me 

Edited by Humble_Beast
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

There is a chance it's Rodgers. I'm not saying it's likely, but the Davante trade also came out of nowhere.

I think Carson Wentz is a strong possibility. He has a solid relationship with Scott Turner, the offensive coach we just brought to the staff

17 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

I think Carson Wentz is a strong possibility. He has a solid relationship with Scott Turner, the offensive coach we just brought to the staff

Dear lord, I think this would be my worst possible outcome. I’d rather sign Jimmy G in a heartbeat.

definitely could see it happen unfortunately 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, 101Raider said:

Dear lord, I think this would be my worst possible outcome. I’d rather sign Jimmy G in a heartbeat.

definitely could see it happen unfortunately 

I already expect we are going to get a downgrade at QB. I just hope we don't overpay for a trash QB. I would even roll the dice on Levis over that outcome. 

1 hour ago, agarcia34 said:

Gotta get that cap space available for Jimmy G……

I kid 

Lol. In all seriousness I could see that being the case then signing Jimmy G for like 35 and then having a little bit of money left over to sign one or two defensive players

4 hours ago, G said:

Just traded SIVB Friday morning pre-market before it got halted/government intervention. Made a quick 1K (35-37 500 shares) so I'm looking at Lamar just like if I had held those SIVB shares. Could open and EXPLODE and made me look smart, OR....Explode never trade/play at the level I paid for. If we do want Lamar we don't touch him until AFTER the draft. Hope he has two ALL PRO seasons and SB wins so we lose two pick 32's. Use the draft and free agency to build a team. I'd want Stiddy as the back up and if we build a team maybe Brady makes a move before we pay Lamar. 

Nice.  I did how I feel about about this team.  I woke and and just did not feel right about how stuff had been trading.  I reduced my positions by half so I am 2/3rds cash right now.  When I got home from work it was time to check out how the day went.  I was relieved.  Going to spend Sunday night trying to figure out direction and play in my trading account next week.  Probably going to focus on Roku since they have a large amount of their money tied up in SIVB.  In short there are a few players I would look into trading.  Some are not going to be happy if we make certain moves.

• Like 1