2023 Free Agency

Dessie

2 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

No one wants to sign here and get their teeth kicked in every Sunday unless we pay well over market value.  We have a coach who isn't well liked, a new starting Qb who is a bum and one of the worst rosters in the NFL with massive holes/lack of depth at every position.  How isn't this obvious?  

FrH5soZaIAAbHb3?format=jpg&name=medium

****, Davenport signed a 1 year 13M deal with the Vikings.  I would much rather have taken a shot on a player like that with upside as opposed to signing a washed up Jones to a massive deal....  Raiders gonna Raider. 

As time goes on it becomes more obvious how inept this new regime is....  It's sad.

11 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

****, Davenport signed a 1 year 13M deal with the Vikings.  I would much rather have taken a shot on a player like that with upside as opposed to signing a washed up Jones to a massive deal....  Raiders gonna Raider. 

As time goes on it becomes more obvious how inept this new regime is....  It's sad.

To be fair to them though Davenport wasn't available last year. That's said, we actually created a problem at edge rusher cause we got rid of a guy that had 10 sacks of the year before to pay Jones more money because he was a better "scheme fit". That is the actual problem in the first place. 

Edited by Jeremy408

4 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

To be fair to them though Davenport wasn't available last year. That's said, we actually created a problem at edge rusher cause we got rid of a guy that had 10 sacks of the year before to pay Jones more money. What is the actual problem in the first place. 

I had no problem moving on from YN as he was a huge liability in the run game and we received Sin in return who I believe can be a solid #2 CB.  The ****ed up part is Sin wants nothing to do with this team and bolted.  Both Sin and YN are now FA's and YN will be on his 6th team in 6 years for a reason.

I know that Davenport wasn't available last year but I would have still signed him this year as a rotational piece with a washed up Jones.  If MD was to play well for us extend him next year and let Jones retire. We have the worst Dline in the NFL minus Maxx so a quality player at any position along the line will go a long way.

Edited by Frankie2Gunz

7 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

I had no problem moving on from YN as he was a huge liability in the run game and we received Sin in return who I believe can be a solid #2 CB.  The ****ed up part is Sin wants nothing to do with this team and bolted.  Both Sin and YN are now FA's and YN will be on his 6th team in 6 years for a reason.

I know that Davenport wasn't available last year but I would have still signed him this year as a rotational piece with a washed up Jones.  If MD was to play well for us extend him next year and let Jones retire. We have the worst Dline in the NFL minus Maxx so a quality player at any position along the line will go a long way.

Our problem right now isn't that we don't stop the run it's that we don't stop anything. Two years ago we were able to get to the quarterback. Now we can't because of scheme fits. It's that simple

1 minute ago, Jeremy408 said:

Our problem right now isn't that we don't stop the run it's that we don't stop anything. Two years ago we were able to get to the quarterback. Now we can't because of scheme fits. It's that simple

I agree about the scheme part.  Bradleys zone D was much better suited for our lack of talent.  

Our team will be terrible next year yet the worst part is that it will be bad and still devoid of talent, unless we can nail the draft.  From what I have seen so far from this new regime i am not expecting much...

3 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

I agree about the scheme part.  Bradleys zone D was much better suited for our lack of talent.  

Our team will be terrible next year yet the worst part is that it will be bad and still devoid of talent, unless we can nail the draft.  From what I have seen so far from this new regime i am not expecting much...

We have a lot of picks, we need to nail some Day3 picks... Next year get out of Chandler/Jimmy/Renfrow contracts 

10 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

We have a lot of picks, we need to nail some Day3 picks... Next year get out of Chandler/Jimmy/Renfrow contracts 

This new regime made a terrible mistake last year thinking the team was close to contention and signed washed up players like Jones, traded the future for Adams and extended Waller and Renfrow to bloated contracts. 

If I was DZ I would look at any opportunity to move Adams, Renfrow and Waller, blow the whole thing up and start from scratch with new and young talent.  I would keep Jacobs on the tag and run him into the ground, I would make the O run through him and try to get him 250+ carries....  I assume JJ will see what they're doing and some "soft tissue injury" will flare up and he will miss time.  I would do the same thing if I was JJ, no sense in ruining your career on a **** burger team with no hope that wont lock you up to a long term deal.

Everyone knows this team is straight up trash and is destined for a ugly year.   

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

This new regime made a terrible mistake last year thinking the team was close to contention and signed washed up players like Jones, traded the future for Adams and extended Waller and Renfrow to bloated contracts. 

If I was DZ I would look at any opportunity to move Adams, Renfrow and Waller, blow the whole thing up and start from scratch with new and young talent.  I would keep Jacobs on the tag and run him into the ground, I would make the O run through him and try to get him 250+ carries....  I assume JJ will see what they're doing and some "soft tissue injury" will flare up and he will miss time.  I would do the same thing if I was JJ, no sense in ruining your career on a **** burger team with no hope that wont lock you up to a long term deal.

Everyone knows this team is straight up trash and is destined for a ugly year.   

I was going say, I wouldn't be mad if we signed Damian Harris or drafted a mid round RB that's baller. When a starting RB goes down around the NFL in preseason, I would trade JJ like the Panthers traded CMC. I think TAE is going get frustrated and demand a trade next offseason. If you think about it, DC was never coming back. We just didn't have the money. We were never players for Rodgers or Jackson too. 

Edited by Humble_Beast

list of difference makers, everyone else just depth or lower end starters

T: Orlando Brown, Donovan Smith, Kaleb McGary

G: Isaac Seumalo, Dalton Risner

Center: Garrett Bradberry

DE/Edge: Yannick, Clowney, Bud Dupree, Leonard Floyd, Frank Clark

DT: Calais Campbell,  Matt Ioannidis, Sheldon Rankins, Shelby Harris

LB: Anthony Walker,  Drue Tranquill, Cole Holcomb, Zach Cunningham

CB: Rock, Byron Murphy, James Bradberry, Shaq Griffin, Marcus Peters

S:  Taylor Rapp, Chauncey Gardner-Johnson, John Johnson, Julian Love, Donovan Wilson, Juan Thornhill

Edited by Humble_Beast