2023 Free Agency

Dessie

Not even 24 hours in to free agency and quite a few are spazzing and not trying to debate but let’s see how the team looks come May.. there’s a lot of moves to be made, still a few high profile players out there and a lot of 2nd wave players available.. we have 24 mil + possible restructures.. that’s enough for 3-4 quality staters, or a handful of shrewd signings.. if we can walk away with a starter quality OL, DT, CB, LB and WR2 then I’ll be pleased.. then there’s always 3rd wave signings that don’t affect the cap much.. We have 11 picks if I recall, we can go alot of different directions at #7, which to me should be DE or CB. If one of the 4 QB’s is there, I’d prefer a trade down unless we are absolutely fixated on a non QB selection (Gonzalez, Witherspoon, Tyree, one of the OT’s). McZeig should be able to find starters at CB, DT, LB, OL and depth at alot of other spots IF they attack it right.

Edited by JarrodR86
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

list of difference makers, everyone else just depth or lower end starters

T: Orlando Brown, Donovan Smith, Kaleb McGary

G: Isaac Seumalo, Dalton Risner

Center: Garrett Bradberry

DE/Edge: Yannick, Clowney, Bud Dupree, Leonard Floyd, Frank Clark

DT: Calais Campbell,  Matt Ioannidis, Sheldon Rankins, Shelby Harris

LB: Anthony Walker,  Drue Tranquill, Cole Holcomb, Zach Cunningham

CB: Rock, Byron Murphy, James Bradberry, Shaq Griffin, Marcus Peters

S:  Taylor Rapp, Chauncey Gardner-Johnson, John Johnson, Julian Love, Donovan Wilson, Juan Thornhill

You definition of "difference makers" is pretty skewed.

This is a list of JAGs. If they were difference makers, their teams wouldn't let them hit FA. 

There are some good pieces on that list that can start, but not a single one of those players will change the trajectory of your team on their own. 

7 hours ago, RaisinBran said:

I don't recall ever having a FA period that wasn't disappointing lol. We usually wait for teams to make big offers on the top guys and try to get value in what's left.

True. We never know what we’re doing. Talking the team, not us.

2 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Dre'mont Jones has 22 sacks in 4 years and is a complete liability against the run. Was never a scheme fit here. Poona Ford is a fit however. 

I laugh at Jones getting paid like that.  That deal will never be worth it.

• Like 1