2023 Free Agency

Dessie

Parham got dominated by the big boys at DT. Showed that he was a center. Isaac Seumalo(RG) would be my option at guard. Ben Powers and Evan Brown also an option. 

More than enough FA talent to strengthen the IOL. Would love to go with a vet and a rookie at guard. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

People always mention Payne or Hangrave when it comes to DTs but to me Dre’Mont Jones would be a way better option. Half the cost and you’re still getting the pass rush upside. 

I’m not sure he will be half the cost. I seem to remember Broncos fans saying that he was seeking a big contract.

No denying he’d be a significant upgrade for us, though.

• Like 1

On 1/12/2023 at 7:45 PM, agarcia34 said:

People always mention Payne or Hangrave when it comes to DTs but to me Dre’Mont Jones would be a way better option. Half the cost and you’re still getting the pass rush upside. 

Plus you steal him from Denver. ANY good IDL would be among the few we've had here in a while. Jefferson was a good pass rusher. But when's the last time we had a "complete package' kind of guy?

On 1/13/2023 at 2:25 PM, jpaulthe1st said:

He wouldn’t offer much in the way of pass rush (he averages about 2.5-3.5/year) but he would demand double teams and is a massive upgrade from Billings. 

Key thing right here. 

A bull rushing DT would be fun, but simply having someone take 2 OL away from Jones/Whoever and Crosby is a huge win. 

I still have some hope for either Farrell or Butler from last year as well. 

31 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Does Neil Farrell make Billings expendable? 

Not for me, I’d still want Farrell to have another season behind Billings but would hope he takes more snaps off him next year. Billings did enough to get re-signed but will depend on cost as we will need another DT.

• Like 3

Who are guys that you want us to bring back?

My list:

Josh Jacobs

Denzel Perryman

Jerry Tillery

Andrew Billings

Jermaine Eluemunor 

Jarrett Stidham 

Jakob Johnson 

Rock Ya-Sin

On the fence

Jayon Brown

Foster Moreau