2023 Free Agency

Dessie

4 hours ago, big_palooka said:

I agree. I like Renfrow, but he's not going to age well between his speed and stature. He's small and taken a lot of big hits that caught up to him last season. 

I would hate to see him go, he's the ultimate underdog but I would get it.

Yup. Everyone loves a good underdog story, and he's one of the best. But underdogs have a shelf life. 

He'll be 28 by the end of the season and I just don't see him lasting for beyond 30. Way I see it, we got lucky to enjoy his prime years and I'll always be glad to say he was a Raider. Throw him in the Raiders Ring of Honor if you want. But if someone offers a 3rd for a former 5th round underdog, take it all day long. 

• Like 5

Seems a bit risky how many holes we're creating here...........we're creating more holes than we're filling and sooner or later we're going to run out of decent fill ins it feels like:

QB - We've filled that hole somewhat but need a backup

RB- No issue here

WR - Are we about to create another hole?

TE - Massive hole created

OT - We're fine here

IOL - Big holes here, starter and depth needed

DE - Is Chandler a starter? We need to add impact pieces

DT - Massive black hole here

LB - Big holes here and no depth

CB - Slot and depth is Ok but #1 and #2 are massive holes

S - Moehrig is Ok but big hole here

STs - Elite kicking game

That's an awful lot of work to do in the draft and with second/third tier free agents................

• Like 3

9 hours ago, ronjon1990 said:

Yup. Everyone loves a good underdog story, and he's one of the best. But underdogs have a shelf life. 

He'll be 28 by the end of the season and I just don't see him lasting for beyond 30. Way I see it, we got lucky to enjoy his prime years and I'll always be glad to say he was a Raider. Throw him in the Raiders Ring of Honor if you want. But if someone offers a 3rd for a former 5th round underdog, take it all day long. 

Can’t disagree tbh, would rather get rid of someone a year early than a year too late.

If we are trading Renfrow I’d rather package him for a player but if it’s a 3rd round pick I’d take it. 

5 hours ago, Darbsk said:

Seems a bit risky how many holes we're creating here...........we're creating more holes than we're filling and sooner or later we're going to run out of decent fill ins it feels like:

QB - We've filled that hole somewhat but need a backup

RB- No issue here

WR - Are we about to create another hole?

TE - Massive hole created

OT - We're fine here

IOL - Big holes here, starter and depth needed

DE - Is Chandler a starter? We need to add impact pieces

DT - Massive black hole here

LB - Big holes here and no depth

CB - Slot and depth is Ok but #1 and #2 are massive holes

S - Moehrig is Ok but big hole here

STs - Elite kicking game

That's an awful lot of work to do in the draft and with second/third tier free agents................

Safety is ok with Epps and Moehrig

Teamer and Palo Malo as backups

Edited by raidr4life

1 hour ago, raidr4life said:

Safety is ok with Epps and Moehrig

Teamer and Palo Malo as backups

I forgot about Epps, he's pretty decent to be fair. Moehrig is a question mark with this scheme though I think, maybe he improves but he didn't look great last year. I'd still like more depth, especially if we're thinking of playing 3 safety sets more often.