2023 Free Agency

Dessie

1 hour ago, true2form said:

Sounds like the same argument we’ve been having for at least 4 years in this thread  

The team needs help overall because it’s not very good vs Carr is the problem and now that he’s gone everything will be okay. 

We saved the money to move on. I think to move on without a clear plan was idiotic. I'll stand by that. Where are those savings going? If we signed Javon Hargrave with that 20 mil, that would be one thing. But Facyson/Epps/Spilane is our free agency haul? Man idk

• Like 1

3 hours ago, raidr4life said:

So you want Jacobs to act like a b**** lol

Football is a business and that is a smart business move.  Don't let our idiot HC run him into the ground on a team that is going to win 4ish games.  Locking him up on o a long term deal and running him into the ground is one thing but to tag the guy, then run the O through him with the potential of tagging him again next year and doing the same thing....  Hard pass if I was Jacobs.  It would be a different situation if this was a legit playoff contender and not a dumpster fire team. 

1 hour ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

We saved the money to move on. I think to move on without a clear plan was idiotic. I'll stand by that. Where are those savings going? If we signed Javon Hargrave with that 20 mil, that would be one thing. But Facyson/Epps/Spilane is our free agency haul? Man idk

Yeah, it's been very strange. We have barely any starters on defense so I thought we'd at least address that but guess not. I'm guessing we keep every draft pick we have and just go bonkers on D and on the OL. I mean, we have to, right??

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

Yeah, it's been very strange. We have barely any starters on defense so I thought we'd at least address that but guess not. I'm guessing we keep every draft pick we have and just go bonkers on D and on the OL. I mean, we have to, right??

Offseason is certainly not going the way any of us had thought it would.

the nice thing from my POV with the plan of going entirely with a rookie class is we get to definitively see how Ziegler does with a full magazine of draft picks. Last year was scewed with the trade for Adams.

Edited by 101Raider

5 hours ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Football is a business and that is a smart business move.  Don't let our idiot HC run him into the ground on a team that is going to win 4ish games.  Locking him up on o a long term deal and running him into the ground is one thing but to tag the guy, then run the O through him with the potential of tagging him again next year and doing the same thing....  Hard pass if I was Jacobs.  It would be a different situation if this was a legit playoff contender and not a dumpster fire team. 

Jacobs wants to get a ring with Jimmy 

19 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

We couldn’t pay CGJ $8 million ?

We could have but he wouldn't want to sign here.  A 1 year prove it deal on a team with no pass rush and an abysmal supporting cast in the secondary.  He would most likely rack up the tackles though considering our LB's are also garbage.  I'm trying to be positive  LOL 

Edited by Frankie2Gunz
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, raidr4life said:

Yall forgetting about the 2nd round of free agency when good players get cut after the draft. I think that's their strategy, see what the draft lands then have lots of money to spend on solid vets who get cut, and I think it's a good one.

Could well be right but we only have circa $15m left to spend, given we will look to carry some spare it doesn’t leave a lot to plug the obvious holes at OG, TE, NT, CB plus depth.

If we get a OG then James is a likely cut and will save $5m if not we might restructure him. 

Can’t help but think they got Meyers  and thought they could trade Renfrow but couldn’t get the deal done. Now we’ve got $34m tied up on 3 WRs. 

Edited by Dessie

13 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

But we do have a clear plan. 

We trade up, up, and away to draft 1 game changing player that will fix everything because role players and support cast are a dime a dozen and super easy to find to great effect 🙄

1 hour ago, Nightmare said:

Hollins is a WR #4 and ST guy really. He had a nice statistical season for us and I’d have been fine keeping him around, but no real loss either.

Agreed, $2.5m isn’t expensive but given what we have spent on WRs so far we never going to spend that. 

Edited by Dessie