2023 Free Agency

Dessie

15 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

We saved the money to move on. I think to move on without a clear plan was idiotic. I'll stand by that. Where are those savings going? If we signed Javon Hargrave with that 20 mil, that would be one thing. But Facyson/Epps/Spilane is our free agency haul? Man idk

Counterpoint: The Gruden way

Trent Brown, 4 years, $66M

Tyrell Williams, 4-$44.3M

LaMarcus Joyner, 4-$42M

Cory Littleton, 3-$32.25M

Carl Nassib, 3-$25.25M

Nick Kwiatkoski, 3-$21M

Tahir Whitehead, 3-$19M

Not saying this regimes approach will work, but half the FA signings are a bust for teams. They want to take a build through the draft approach, that's great if they can crush the draft. 

I don't get to worked up with FA, because nothing good ever comes of winning the FA period. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

LaMarcus Joyner, 4-$42M

Carl Nassib, 3-$25.25M

Nick Kwiatkoski, 3-$21M

Tahir Whitehead, 3-$19M

Not saying this regimes approach will work, but half the FA signings are a bust for teams. They want to take a build through the draft approach, that's great if they can crush the draft. 

I don't get to worked up with FA, because nothing good ever comes of winning the FA period. 

Some of those were just bad signings. We all knew.

21 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Sure, and some like Littleton, Joyner and Kwaitkoski were seen as big upgrades that bombed and in the case of Littleton are still paying for until 2025. 

I still don't understand how littleton just fell off a cliff. He was so good in coverage for the Rams and looked like a bum for us.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

I still don't understand how littleton just fell off a cliff. He was so good in coverage for the Rams and looked like a bum for us.

The difference between us and having Donald/Brockers in front of him and Wade Phillips as a DC. I still loathe that Guenther was our DC once upon a time.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, big_palooka said:

LaMarcus Joyner, 4-$42M

Carl Nassib, 3-$25.25M

Nick Kwiatkoski, 3-$21M

Tahir Whitehead, 3-$19M

True. I understand it’s natural to get envious when seeing other team spend in FA like the Broncos but there’s other ways to build a team

What’s ironic is that when these high priced FAs don’t live up to expectations, everyone wants to just build through the draft as the alternative

1 minute ago, bucksavage1 said:

True. I understand it’s natural to get envious when seeing other team spend in FA like the Broncos but there’s other ways to build a team

What’s ironic is that when these high priced FAs don’t live up to expectations, everyone wants to just build through the draft as the alternative

What's even more ironic is when they want to build through the draft but then narrow down 1 player, which pretty much necessitates going after proven FA talent so we're not wasting the 1 player we went after. 

Can't build through high priced FA's left and right, but you can't build through the draft 1 or maybe 2 decent picks at a time either. Though everyone says "wait til tier 2 of FA"....but then you're getting tier 2 players and probably overpaying them as well anyway. 

1 minute ago, bucksavage1 said:

OJ Howard anyone? He’s a few years removed from Achilles injury 

Couldn't hurt. Got boxed out in Tampa, but it was for Gronk and Co and I can't really hate a guy for not being Gronk. Especially in an Arians offense. 

Been a few years since he was really effective, but there's some potential left to explore. 

13 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

What's even more ironic is when they want to build through the draft but then narrow down 1 player, which pretty much necessitates going after proven FA talent so we're not wasting the 1 player we went after. 

Can't build through high priced FA's left and right, but you can't build through the draft 1 or maybe 2 decent picks at a time either. Though everyone says "wait til tier 2 of FA"....but then you're getting tier 2 players and probably overpaying them as well anyway. 

The Rams first approach was to build through the draft. They always found gems like John Johnson, Joyner, Middleton , Higbee, Everette.  That’s how we ended up with guys like Joyner and Middleton lol. Perhaps that’s what Ziegs is trying to do

• Like 1

1 minute ago, agarcia34 said:

Feel bad for Adam’s who only has a couple years left that has to spend the last of his elite years on a team that has no interest in winning. 

I don’t know man, Signing Jimmy G ,Meyers and franchising Jacobs tells me their trying to win as well as build a roster long term.