2023 Free Agency

Dessie

5 hours ago, big_palooka said:

If you build through the draft, have that homegrown talent base, then FA is there to fill small holes. Fans however expect the entire defense fixed in one offseason via FA with guys who their own clubs no longer want. 

This is their second offseason and we're still 30th in terms of cap space allocated to the defense and they spent the first 3 picks in the draft last season on offensive players. I understand the value of building through the draft but the new regime has shown no interest or commitment to actually building a good defense. They've focused on skill players.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

This is their second offseason and we're still 30th in terms of cap space allocated to the defense and they spent the first 3 picks in the draft last season on offensive players. I understand the value of building through the draft but the new regime has shown no interest or commitment to actually building a good defense. They've focused on skill players.

If we go offense with our first four picks in the top 100, then yes I can agree with this. But I don’t think that’s the case.

Remember we can also take in a trade after the draft with our cap space

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bucksavage1 said:

If we go offense with our first four picks in the top 100, then yes I can agree with this. But I don’t think that’s the case.

Remember we can also take in a trade after the draft with our cap space

They will obviously not pick offensive players with all of their first 4 picks - but there’s every chance they go Levis at 7 and pick up a TE and/or olinemen in rounds 2/3

14 minutes ago, reddevil said:

They will obviously not pick offensive players with all of their first 4 picks - but there’s every chance they go Levis at 7 and pick up a TE and/or olinemen in rounds 2/3

If we stayed put, I could 100% see us going offense 4 in a row. 

QB TE, OT, and either OG, RB to replace Jacobs after the tag, or a WR to stretch the field deep. 

It's probably not super likely (I hope not) but I've seen stranger things happen. Like drafting Tim Tebow in round 1, giving Josh McDaniels a job, and is allowing Patrick Graham to retain his. 

6 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

Defense? Who needs defense when you can score 45+ a game? 

Patrick Graham is gonna be a happily employed man if we keep signing skill position guys!

I do think we may sign van ginkel and a LB like morrow. The secondary help will come in the draft. Still hoping to resign ya sin as well.

6 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

Defense? Who needs defense when you can score 45+ a game? 

Patrick Graham is gonna be a happily employed man if we keep signing skill position guys!

If he can coach this group up into being decent, he might deserve a head coaching job, lmao.

30 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Hooper would actually be a very good signing. He would be a buy low who produced okay for such a dysfunctional passing offense. I would do a multi year deal if the price is right. If he performs, you lose him next year otherwise.

Austin Hooper is super solid, I think he'd be a great addition. Howard might be able to bounce back but he has been pretty damn meh.