2023 Free Agency

Dessie

3 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

It's obviously their fault but I don't think you can say it's all on Graham's coaching if the defense clearly lacks talent.

That's exactly the point I'm making. it's a built-in excuse for why the defense doesn't have to improve. 

Edited by Jeremy408

Just now, Jeremy408 said:

That's exactly the point I'm making. it's a built-in excuse for why the defense doesn't have to improve. 

I'm not sure if they're looking for a built in-excuse. I'd expect us to go defense heavy in the draft for sure but I also just think that DZ/JMD don't value high priced defensive guys / OL and want our coaches to coach dudes up.

Just now, NYRaider said:

You'd prefer to take Levis over someone like Christian Gonzalez or Jalen Carter?

I think anyone can make a case for picking one of the top 4 QBs in the draft over Carter right now. His stock is falling fast and hard, so many red flags have popped up since his incident. 

As for Gonzalez, yes. But it's just my opinion. Gonzalez is a heck of a prospect, I'd be happy if we drafted him, but I'd choose others over him. 

1 minute ago, NickButera said:

I think anyone can make a case for picking one of the top 4 QBs in the draft over Carter right now. His stock is falling fast and hard, so many red flags have popped up since his incident. 

As for Gonzalez, yes. But it's just my opinion. Gonzalez is a heck of a prospect, I'd be happy if we drafted him, but I'd choose others over him. 

I don't think we'll be able to land Richardson unless we trade up so the only QB that's realistically going to be there at #7 is Levis, IMO. 

Other than him bombing his pro-day, what other red flags have come up around Carter? 

30 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

Why pay Epps 2y, 12M when we could have paid CGJ something close to 1yr, 8M?  
I think the Epps deal will be an overpay, but what’s worse then overpaying for a limited player is that it means we’re not spending that money on a better player.

If your signing guys like Epps for 1yr it’s way better then locking into these type of guys for a 2nd year where there cap hit jumps rather significantly.  Id much rather prefer to “rebuild” this year and have the cap space next year to find a higher level of player.

It's not the Raiders fault that these guys tried to break the bank and waited until money dried up and have to take less now, and there is no way the Raiders could have known they weren't going to break the bank. Seumalo, CGJ, Orlando Brown, Dalton Shultz who turned down 3 year $36mil all got less but were top FA for their position.

Edited by raidr4life

2 minutes ago, raidr4life said:

It's not the Raiders fault that these guys tried to break the bank waited until money dried up and have to take less now, and there is no way the Raiders could have known they weren't going to break the bank. Seumalo, CGJ

It's not the Raiders fault that they didn't target two of the best players at major positions of need in free agency?

6 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

It's not the Raiders fault that they didn't target two of the best players at major positions of need in free agency?

If they targeted them early they were trying to break the bank and that's why they ended up on the outside looking in taking less than players below them.

Edited by raidr4life

31 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I'm not sure if they're looking for a built in-excuse. I'd expect us to go defense heavy in the draft for sure but I also just think that DZ/JMD don't value high priced defensive guys / OL and want our coaches to coach dudes up.

Chandler Jones was high priced

17 minutes ago, raidr4life said:

If they targeted them early they were trying to break the bank and that's why they ended up on the outside looking in taking less than players below them.

Why not renegotiate offers with good players at positions of need when it's clear their market isn't very strong?

1 hour ago, Jeremy408 said:

Well actually @ronjon1990 cited during this past season other defense actually got better after he left

But Patrick Graham got that league topping resthpeck, son! Ask @big_palooka. He'll remind you, once he's done explaining how it's unfair to question our Front Office because they 100% weren't part of the McDaniels failed experiment in Denver, and even if they 100% actually were, we should 100% ignore it because they clearly 100% learned something over the last 13 years despite, clearly, 100% not actually doing so. 

• Like 1