2023 Free Agency

Dessie

Just now, raidr4life said:

The second week and they stuck taking below market value deals because they tried to be greedy.

It would've been ideal to sign one or both of them on a below market deal. They both would've been huge upgrades at positions of need. I just don't think a lot of guys want to play here. Darius Slay was clowning on JMD on twitter lol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, agarcia34 said:

Raiders signed low end depth today. Still waiting for them to bring in a player on defense that is an upgrade over what they had last year. 

They giving Patrick Graham crumbs to work with and expecting a full meal in return. 

As of right now you can make a case that we have the worst group of DT, LB, and CB in the entire NFL. 

DT: Nichols, Tillery, Farrell Jr, M Butler, A Butler

LB: Spillane, Deablo, Masterson, Butler

CB: Hobbs, Faycon, Amik, Hall, Webb

3 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

Raiders signed low end depth today. Still waiting for them to bring in a player on defense that is an upgrade over what they had last year. 

They giving Patrick Graham crumbs to work with and expecting a full meal in return. 

1. Talent would largely be lost on him. 

2. The mere fact he wasn't fired last year practically proves that they're not expecting anything more than the absolute bare minimum from him either way, which is to show up, call some plays, and keep Josh from having to pay any attention to the other half of his job. 

6 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

1. Talent would largely be lost on him. 

2. The mere fact he wasn't fired last year practically proves that they're not expecting anything more than the absolute bare minimum from him either way, which is to show up, call some plays, and keep Josh from having to pay any attention to the other half of his job. 

Come on man, every coordinator needs talent to be successful.

He wasn't fired because they realized he had crap to work with. It's not encouraging that he still has crap to work with after the first wave of free agency though.

6 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

That’s my issue I can’t honestly say we’re becoming a better team only upgrade so far was jimmy over carr and even that is debatable. I don’t know if they think they can just coach guys up but I’m not understanding why they can’t bring some legit talent that’s not an ex pat. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

That’s my issue I can’t honestly say we’re becoming a better team only upgrade so far was jimmy over carr and even that is debatable. I don’t know if they think they can just coach guys up but I’m not understanding why they can’t bring some legit talent that’s not an ex pat. 

Replaced Perryman with Spillane, Harmon with Epps, and RYS with Faycon. We've probably gotten worse this offseason if we're being honest.

6 hours ago, NYRaider said:

As of right now you can make a case that we have the worst group of DT, LB, and CB in the entire NFL. 

DT: Nichols, Tillery, Farrell Jr, M Butler, A Butler

LB: Spillane, Deablo, Masterson, Butler

CB: Hobbs, Faycon, Amik, Hall, Webb

This isn’t going away with the draft. 

8 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

We'll see how the roster shapes out after the draft, but getting serious Gruden vibes right now. Pouring a lot into the offense to suit the offensive minded coach while the defense is trying to survive of spare parts and development.