2023 Free Agency

Dessie

56 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

My worry is how we've handled guys post- extension is turning guys off that want stability.

Giving out contracts that look nice at first glance but actually give us a chance to bail ASAP is becoming the Ziegler special. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

They are not going elsewhere. Most are testing the market, not getting what they want and re-signing with their teams. 

Anything to excuse your benefactors, amirite? 

Sorta like how none of them had anything to do with Denver.... except they did. 

Edited by ronjon1990

2 hours ago, riceman80 said:

Still some guys who can help us out there...

OL - Dalton Risner, Isaiah Wynn, Donovan Smith

DL - Chris Wormley, Jadeveon Clowney, Yannick Ngakoue, Matt Ionaiddis, A'Shawn Robinson, Shelby Harris, Dante Fowler

LB - Denzel Perryman, Rahsaan Evans, Anthony Walker

CB - Rock Ya Sin, Shaq Griffin, Marcus Peters, Bryce Callahan

S - Taylor Rapp, Adrian Amos, John Johnson III

We could trade for Queen after the draft.

1 minute ago, ronjon1990 said:

Sorta like how none of them had anything to do with Denver.... except they did. 

Are Ziegler and Champ really that highly regarded around the league? DZ rose within the Pats organization as soon as they were starting to fall apart. And Champ helped the Bears become the worst team in the NFL, lol.

• Like 1

This team, especially on defense looks like canned *ss, be real. Jones is a year older, Koonce is in some “unknown” dog house or something. Perryman isn’t coming back(not the be all end all, I know but?.....) RYS we’ll see I guess. But yeah, despite what some might wanna think, and I kinda get it. This defense IS currently worse off and it’ll take an A+ draft for sure. Hated the hires, tried selling it to myself, nope! STILL EFFIN HATE THE HIRES!!  It’s my opinion, I’m entitled to it, and it’s up to these doofuses to change my mind! Period! 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

Are Ziegler and Champ really that highly regarded around the league? DZ rose within the Pats organization as soon as they were starting to fall apart. And Champ helped the Bears become the worst team in the NFL, lol.

Only to the people with weird fetishes for the Patriots. 

Like the rest of pretty much this entire core staff, they simply do not have what one could call a "good" track record beyond their relative ties to what Tom and Bill did before and after they were no longer with the Patriots themselves. 

I hated hiring McDaniels, but I was very easy on Zeigler and said I would be until he gave me reasons not to be. He's done that. 

• Like 1

Just now, ronjon1990 said:

Only to the people with weird fetishes for the Patriots. 

Like the rest of pretty much this entire core staff, they simply do not have what one could call a "good" track record beyond their relative ties to what Tom and Bill did before and after they were no longer with the Patriots themselves. 

I hated hiring McDaniels, but I was very easy on Zeigler and said I would be until he gave me reasons not to be. He's done that. 

I thought the Patriot way would focus on building through the trenches / defense. But apparently it's all about skill guys while ignoring everything else. Why would you want to sign with us when there's a good chance JMD / DZ will look to dump you as soon as they can.

3 minutes ago, Devilshark69 said:

This team, especially on defense looks like canned *ss, be real. Jones is a year older, Koonce is in some “unknown” dog house or something. Perryman isn’t coming back(not the be all end all, I know but?.....) RYS we’ll see I guess. But yeah, despite what some might wanna think, and I kinda get it. This defense IS currently worse off and it’ll take an A+ draft for sure. Hated the hires, tried selling it to myself, nope! STILL EFFIN HATE THE HIRES!!  It’s my opinion, I’m entitled to it, and it’s up to these doofuses to change my mind! Period! 

Can't believe how many people have excessive benefit of the doubt for no objective reason. 

It's possible McDaniels and Zeigler are mishandling the Raiders worse than McDaniels and Xanders did the Broncos. 

Just now, ronjon1990 said:

Can't believe how many people have excessive benefit of the doubt for no objective reason. 

It's possible McDaniels and Zeigler are mishandling the Raiders worse than McDaniels and Xanders did the Broncos. 

I tried to be patient but we've been down this path already, JMD/DZ are legit a bootleg Grudock. Zero emphasis on the defense, think they can coach up average OL, and are mainly focused on skill guys.

8 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I thought the Patriot way would focus on building through the trenches / defense. But apparently it's all about skill guys while ignoring everything else. Why would you want to sign with us when there's a good chance JMD / DZ will look to dump you as soon as they can.

It's why I said all year that McDaniels overall impact on the Patriots was minimal at best. 

He had no hand in crafting the roster. He called the plays, and likely spent most of that in a timeshare with Brady. Definition of a figurehead. He was better than Matt Patricia, but that's not saying much and has no impact on his ability as a HC. 

He took Tom and the weapons and drew up ball to hand to hand schemes. He shows a knack for getting the most out of RBs, but when did the Pats ever have a consistently mediocre OL? And the RBs were high usage and usually shared touches. And Tom was almost certainly calling the shots and "corrections" in the huddle or pre-snap. The end result is an OC that arguably couldn't have been further from being a true architect that understands building an offense, much less a team. 

Belichick, despite being a defensive minded guy, is probably a better actual OC than McDaniels ever was. 

Edited by ronjon1990
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

It's why I said all year that McDaniels overall impact on the Patriots was minimal at best. 

He had no hand in crafting the roster. He called the plays, and likely spent most of that in a timeshare with Brady. Definition of a figurehead. He was better than Matt Patricia, but that's not saying much and has no impact on his ability as a HC. 

He took Tom and the weapons and drew up ball to hand to hand schemes. He shows a knack for getting the most out of RBs, but when did the Pats ever have a consistently mediocre OL? And the RBs were high usage and usually shared touches. And Tom was almost certainly calling the shots and "corrections" in the huddle or pre-snap. The end result is an OC that arguably couldn't have been further from being a true architect that understands building an offense, much less a team. 

Belichick, despite being a defensive minded guy, is probably a better actual OC than McDaniels ever was. 

At this point I'm not even that concerned about JMD. DZ / Champ are the ones completely crapping the bed. Their lack of connections around the league is pretty evident and as you said I can't imagine their willingness to bail on guys immediately after paying them is helping.

6 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

Reggie is a powerful figure for Miami Dolphins. Miami is now a powerhouse. Lol…

Cmon EA, Reggie did a good job of cleaning up our financials, but his drafting was ok at best (really not even that), posts like this are what gets you flack bro....Miami? A POWERHOUSE? Cue the Micheal Irvin please. 

Edited by Devilshark69