Week 18: New York Jets (7-9) @ Miami Dolphins (8-8)

TheKillerNacho

Week 18: NYJ @ MIA  

6 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Miami Dolphins
    • New York Jets
    • Tie
  2. 2. How close will the game be?

• 3 or fewer point difference
    • 4-7 point difference
    • 8-14 point difference
    • 15 or greater point difference
  3. 3. Who will score the most fantasy points in this game for those foolish enough to have their Champion game on Week 18?

• Skylar Thompson
    • Joe Flacco
    • Raheem Mostert
    • Jeff Wilson Jr.
    • Zonovan Knight
    • Michael Carter
    • James Robinson
    • Tyreek Hill
    • Jaylen Waddle
    • Trent Sherfield
    • Garrett Wilson
    • Corey Davis
    • Elijah Moore
    • Mike Gesicki
    • Tyler Conklin
    • C.J. Uzomah
    • Jason Sanders
    • Greg Zuerlein
    • Dolphins DST
    • Jets DST

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/08/2023 at 06:04 PM

1s8eCxt.png

Will the Dolphins complete the late season collapse, ending the year with a 6-game losing streak after starting 8-3, or can 3rd string rookie Skylar Thompson give the team a chance with a win in his rematch with the Jets? The Dolphins, despite the 5-game losing streak, only need a win and a Patriots loss to make the postseason at this point. While there are some questions regarding when the Patriots will face the Bills at this point, there is a very realistic shot that the Dolphins will make it with a win. And if they're able to make the postseason, there is some optimism that Tua Tagovailoa may be cleared in time to compete.

The Jets, freshly eliminated from the playoffs, will again be starting Mike White. While offering a bit more of a threat than the anemic Zach Wilson, this game will be played in Miami and the Jets may come out flat, knowing that their season is over regardless of the outcome.

I think Skylar is able to win this, but it seems somewhat less likely the Patriots fall to the Bills given what happened Monday night (as depending on what the result of their game against the Bengals is will determine if they have the 1st seed to play for).

My prediction...

Miami 17
New York Jets 16

Fins - 13

Jets - 16

I base this on the assumption that we get none of the hurt guys back for this one.  Thompson just isn't ready to run the offense.  The Jets don't scare anyone on offense, but their D will be good enough to steal a win and kill any chances of the playoffs for the Fins.  Tyler Conklin has a huge game against this terrible LB corps.

4 hours ago, JourneymanQB13 said:

According to the Dolphins' injury report, Fisher has been limited at practice due to a calf injury. Maybe he hasn't been healthy enough to practice and learn the offense? Otherwise, I would like to see him on the field over Greg Little. I am curious to see what he has in the tank. 

Fisher just placed on IR, so that explains that.  

10 hours ago, JourneymanQB13 said:

According to the Dolphins' injury report, Fisher has been limited at practice due to a calf injury. Maybe he hasn't been healthy enough to practice and learn the offense? Otherwise, I would like to see him on the field over Greg Little. I am curious to see what he has in the tank. 

6 hours ago, hrubes20 said:

Fisher just placed on IR, so that explains that.  

So... we didn't catch the fact he apparently wasn't healthy enough to play in the physical before signing him? Because he sure as hell didn't hurt that calf on the field...

• Like 2

Looked like Skylar had Tyreek Hill wide open after being left uncovered in the formation on that 4th and 5. If Skylar isn't able to see that ,then we are in in serious trouble, especially if we are relying on Boyer and the defense to win one for us. 

Good news is Buffalo scored early. 

Edited by JourneymanQB13
Grammar isn't my strong suit

I think we need to run the football more. I think Thompson is a more talented passer than Bridgewater but Thompson clearly lacks awareness. We are looking a little leaky up front, but the Jet's pass protection looks worse than ours. 

Aside from that big RAC play with the missed tackles, the defense has held their end. 

This game may be like last week where a defensive or special teams touchdown is the difference between winning and losing.