Week 18: New York Jets (7-9) @ Miami Dolphins (8-8)

TheKillerNacho

Week 18: NYJ @ MIA  

6 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Miami Dolphins
    • New York Jets
    • Tie
  2. 2. How close will the game be?

• 3 or fewer point difference
    • 4-7 point difference
    • 8-14 point difference
    • 15 or greater point difference
  3. 3. Who will score the most fantasy points in this game for those foolish enough to have their Champion game on Week 18?

• Skylar Thompson
    • Joe Flacco
    • Raheem Mostert
    • Jeff Wilson Jr.
    • Zonovan Knight
    • Michael Carter
    • James Robinson
    • Tyreek Hill
    • Jaylen Waddle
    • Trent Sherfield
    • Garrett Wilson
    • Corey Davis
    • Elijah Moore
    • Mike Gesicki
    • Tyler Conklin
    • C.J. Uzomah
    • Jason Sanders
    • Greg Zuerlein
    • Dolphins DST
    • Jets DST

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/08/2023 at 06:04 PM

Just now, Tetsujin said:

The announcers would cut to Marino and state the last time the Dolphins won a playoff game was in 2000 with him at QB, but 2000 was the year after Marino left. Jay Fiedler was the QB. And I was at that game.

Off topic but Dave Wannstedt was on a recent episode of the Fish Tank podcast. He was calling Jay Fiedler a winner one second then talking about how he'd make erratic throws so we just pounded Ricky Williams all game. It sounded like a contradiction to me haha 

But yeah I was like yelling at the TV, "Marino wasn't on the team!" Haha 

Shame that Marino couldn't play that year with Lamar Smith as a running back. Sounded like Marino physically was breaking down especially his legs, and the organization made a decision to move on from him. 

1 minute ago, JourneymanQB13 said:

Shame that Marino couldn't play that year with Lamar Smith as a running back. Sounded like Marino physically was breaking down especially his legs, and the organization made a decision to move on from him. 

Wasn't his legs, the last-year Marino was a sad pathetic imitation of prime Marino, the arm was gone. Neck injuries and stuff. 

Lamar went crazy in the most-recent Fins playoffs win. Though actually it's not recent, think I had a 56k modem connecting the Internet the last time the Fins won a playoff game. People still used pagers. Shudder. 

• Like 1

It has to be TB12 next year in Miami, right? He’d be legally available to get and his interest would be ownership and not a high salary, which would be difficult for us. We just need a non injury prone above average NFL starting QB while Hill is in his prime.

Edited by Tetsujin

28 minutes ago, Tetsujin said:

It has to be TB12 next year in Miami, right? He’d be legally available to get and his interest would be ownership and not a high salary, which would be difficult for us. We just need a non injury prone above average NFL starting QB while Hill is in his prime.

I sincerely doubt it.

1 hour ago, TheKillerNacho said:

I sincerely doubt it.

I don't think it's probable, but I definitely think it's possible. I give the Raiders and 49ers a solid chance, and I think Tampa is still a front runner, but I also think the Titans and Pats are legit options for Brady in 2023.

54 minutes ago, Swampbilly said:

I don't think it's probable, but I definitely think it's possible. I give the Raiders and 49ers a solid chance, and I think Tampa is still a front runner, but I also think the Titans and Pats are legit options for Brady in 2023.

Honestly I think the most likely scenario is that he finally actually retires.

20 hours ago, TheKillerNacho said:

Honestly I think the most likely scenario is that he finally actually retires.

I think that is possible.  But, I also think that if he was committed to retiring in 2023 he would be married still.  I feel that if he gets what he feels is the right situation to play for what he feels would be a contender with him on the roster then he will be playing in 2023 and early 2024....... On the other hand if he doesn't feel like he has the chance to play for such a team then he will indeed retire.

I'll put myself out there and just say it; I would be excited to have Brady on our roster even with the big improvements Tua has made.  Simply put I think even at his diminished level Brady is obviously a better QB than Tua, and IMO that shouldn't bother Tua or his supporters (of which I do consider myself to be).

2 minutes ago, Swampbilly said:

I think that is possible.  But, I also think that if he was committed to retiring in 2023 he would be married still.  I feel that if he gets what he feels is the right situation to play for what he feels would be a contender with him on the roster then he will be playing in 2023 and early 2024....... On the other hand if he doesn't feel like he has the chance to play for such a team then he will indeed retire.

I'll put myself out there and just say it; I would be excited to have Brady on our roster even with the big improvements Tua has made.  Simply put I think even at his diminished level Brady is obviously a better QB than Tua, and IMO that shouldn't bother Tua or his supporters (of which I do consider myself to be).

I'm not sure I can agree with this, but he's definitely far more durable.

6 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

I'm not sure I can agree with this, but he's definitely far more durable.

After further review perhaps my earlier statement would be more accurate if it were; Obviously a more durable QB than Tua and statistically a very comparable QB to Tua.