Week 18: Giants vs. Eagles @ 4:25pm EST

Giants4eva

I'm actually going to this game as a payment from my friend who owes me for the work we've done on his house. Heading into the danger zone. Wish me luck LOL! This game presents a really big question.. do we rest our starters or don't we? ... From the reports I've read I don't think Daboll has any intentions of resting our guys. And I agree with that, I wanna see how our team does against the best team in the NFC. Do I think we win? No I don't. But I think this game is closer than the last time we got matched up. A few key matchups working in our favor is that the Eagles RT Lane Johnson is out, this works for us as Thibs will go against Jack Driscoll and hopefully win a few battles. Also I think something that works for us is we should possibly see Adoree Jackson back in this one so that's a big plus too. Having Azeez in also is a good thing. 

The offense has to duplicate what it did in the Indy game, just play their game, play solid ball. Have the oline just dog fight its way thru this one and try to keep this game close in the first half. The Eagles love to jump out on teams early and put them away. We can not allow this to happen. If this team wants to show we can hang with the elite, they have play their best game like they did against the Colts. 

As far as defense, contain contain contain. Doing this against Jalen Hurts is no easy task. We have to force him to beat us with his arm. He is a total pain in the a-- to get at with his ability to extend plays and the fact he's lined up behind the best oline in football. We need our guys to play smart and be aware of Smith and Brown on the outside. This is a tough test across the board but one that no matter what happens in the end, win or lose, I'm proud of what this team has accomplished this season and look forward to who ever we go against in RD1 of the playoffs. 

Giants 23 / Eagles 31

Edited by Giants4eva
  • Like 2

I haven’t seen that Daboll is playing his starters, it seems the beat was speculating that they wouldn’t play the whole game. Either way I think we should do a heavy rotation. Unlike when we had this scenario in 2007, we don’t have the benefit of the extra day of rest, there is a chance we could play on a short week. With the Vikings, our likely opponent, playing at 1PM, we should keep an eye on what they do. We do not want to give them an advantage against us.

I know the sensible thing to do would be to only play them for the first half or not at all. But man Philly has been such a thorn in our side for decades and they are vulnerable right now. I'd absolutely love to ruin this great season for them. But if we did it would only help the Boys. We are locked into the 6th seed so there is no upside to winning other then momentum. However depending on how the dominoes fall winning or losing could be the difference between us going to Minny or SF and I think all of us would prefer Minny revenge game. That Niner D is ridiculous. So whatever Daboll decides to do I'm ok but man I really want him to go for that jugular lol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Shockwave said:

I know the sensible thing to do would be to only play them for the first half or not at all. But man Philly has been such a thorn in our side for decades and they are vulnerable right now. I'd absolutely love to ruin this great season for them. But if we did it would only help the Boys. We are locked into the 6th seed so there is no upside to winning other then momentum. However depending on how the dominoes fall winning or losing could be the difference between us going to Minny or SF and I think all of us would prefer Minny revenge game. That Niner D is ridiculous. So whatever Daboll decides to do I'm ok but man I really want him to go for that jugular lol

Our concern should be the New York Giants. The results of this game has zero impact on if we play 49ers or Vikings. The only scenario that we would play the 49ers is if the 49ers lose (vs. Cardinals) and the Vikings win (at Bears).

As the 6th seed, if we win our first round matchup, we have a strong probability of going right back to Philly next round. This isn’t the Patriots, where we had a strong probability we would never see them again. Why give them good data on us, when we can just analyze them in their must win.

We can stay play our starters most of the game and judge it on a case by case basis, but we should be using a heavy rotation for the majority of our key players with a conservative game plan.

41 minutes ago, Acgott said:

Our concern should be the New York Giants. The results of this game has zero impact on if we play 49ers or Vikings. The only scenario that we would play the 49ers is if the 49ers lose (vs. Cardinals) and the Vikings win (at Bears).

As the 6th seed, if we win our first round matchup, we have a strong probability of going right back to Philly next round. This isn’t the Patriots, where we had a strong probability we would never see them again. Why give them good data on us, when we can just analyze them in their must win.

We can stay play our starters most of the game and judge it on a case by case basis, but we should be using a heavy rotation for the majority of our key players with a conservative game plan.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/playoffs/machine

If NYG, SF, Dallas, and Minny win... guess who falls the the 5th seed and has to play @TB? 😎

Don't tell me you aren't enticed with the idea of completely ruining their season. How many damn times have they done it to us?

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Acgott said:

We had nothing to gain when we played our starters to eliminate the Commanders from the playoffs in 2016 for the last game of the regular season. We did it because we could, they hate us we hate them, which why we all love this game so much.

If we can hurt the Eagles, we hurt them, play our starters!

1 hour ago, Shockwave said:

http://www.espn.com/nfl/playoffs/machine

If NYG, SF, Dallas, and Minny win... guess who falls the the 5th seed and has to play @TB? 😎

Don't tell me you aren't enticed with the idea of completely ruining their season. How many damn times have they done it to us?

Sure, I would love to beat them, but not at the risk of our season. Cowboys or Eagles, doesn’t matter to me who plays the Bucs.

1 hour ago, Go_Giants said:

We had nothing to gain when we played our starters to eliminate the Commanders from the playoffs in 2016 for the last game of the regular season. We did it because we could, they hate us we hate them, which why we all love this game so much.

If we can hurt the Eagles, we hurt them, play our starters!

We got blown out in the wild card round to the Packers and were outscored 24-7 in the second half. Maybe we would have played better if we didn’t have our players play a full meaningless game.

34 minutes ago, Acgott said:

We got blown out in the wild card round to the Packers and were outscored 24-7 in the second half. Maybe we would have played better if we didn’t have our players play a full meaningless game.

No we got blown out because our wideouts decided to prep for the frigid conditions of Green Bay by partying in Miami and couldn't catch the balls Eli threw to them, then when our 3rd CB got hurt Rodgers just targeted the backup. 

That lost had nothing to do with playing hard against the Commanders the week before.

24 minutes ago, Go_Giants said:

No we got blown out because our wideouts decided to prep for the frigid conditions of Green Bay by partying in Miami and couldn't catch the balls Eli threw to them, then when our 3rd CB got hurt Rodgers just targeted the backup. 

That lost had nothing to do with playing hard against the Commanders the week before.

But we do not know that for a fact. We are the healthiest we been all season. Maybe our players would have been a split second faster without playing that full game. It’s just an unnecessary risk. If the team can’t get excited for their first playoff game the following week, we deserve to lose anyway.

1 minute ago, Acgott said:

If the team can’t get excited for their first playoff game the following week, we deserve to lose anyway.

If this team wants to roll over dead after getting blown out by the Eagles on our homefield not too long ago, we are not going to have what it takes to beat any team in the playoffs. 

Going by our history we play our starters and we play to win the game.

9 minutes ago, Go_Giants said:

If this team wants to roll over dead after getting blown out by the Eagles on our homefield not too long ago, we are not going to have what it takes to beat any team in the playoffs. 

Going by our history we play our starters and we play to win the game.

Who says anything about rolling over for this game. I have suggested heavy rotation for defense and Barkley. For OL, more runs and quick passes with Brieda. No runs with Jones. We can’t prevent injuries of course, but we can do our best to manage them. We don’t want to play on a short week if we get banged up.

What history? 2 scenarios with two different coaches? We do not have a sample size for this scenario.

4 minutes ago, Acgott said:

Who says anything about rolling over for this game. I have suggested heavy rotation for defense and Barkley. For OL, more runs and quick passes with Brieda. No runs with Jones. We can’t prevent injuries of course, but we can do our best to manage them. We don’t want to play on a short week if we get banged up.

What history? 2 scenarios with two different coaches? We do not have a sample size for this scenario.

Putting limits on the players is not playing to win the game, I don't see the Giants doing it. We can go back and fourth on this all day. We shall see what happens on Sunday, what ever Daboll decides on he has my support.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Acgott said:

Sure, I would love to beat them, but not at the risk of our season. Cowboys or Eagles, doesn’t matter to me who plays the Bucs.

In my view.. a healthy Eagles team with the #1 seed has a good damn shot at reaching the SB or at least the NFCCG. The Boys with a #1 seed.. meh one and done. Gotta screw these Eagles over man. This is a building year for us. There isn't any expectations of a deep playoff run. It may happen.. but screwing over the Eagles... I'll take that.