Week 18: Giants vs. Eagles @ 4:25pm EST

Giants4eva

20 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

Someone pointed out that, compared to someone like Aidan Hutchinson, Thibs has played way, way less pass rushing snaps in his football career. There's a reason it took a little while for him to come on this season. Part of that was injury, but the other part was the limited experience. I don't think we should rest him entirely, but I'm down for a heavy rotation.

I'd like Adoree to play some as well, but I'm not sure if he is ready.

Hutch played 1891 snaps in college, Kayvon played 1514. Judging by the average amount of snaps Kayvon played in WashX2, Philly, and Minn, Kayvon needs an additional 6 games to reach that total.

For this season, Kayvon is at 740. Aidan is at 909. Kayvan averages 52/game, Aidan 56/game.

This isn’t relevant to the situation, but I was curious for the numbers so I looked them up. Point is Kayvon is playing the most football he has ever played. He’s going against an extremely fast team surrounded by backups. No reason to have him run a marathon.

On 1/4/2023 at 1:05 PM, Go_Giants said:

No, it is the exact opposite. Nick Gates is an upgrade at center (https://www.youtube.com/shorts/Ff4_gWwBTUQ). 

Best to get the timing and everything else done now against the Eagles that way we have our best starting 5 offensive line men for the playoffs.

Normally I would agree. I think Gates is overall a better player. But he's been sidelined for so long, there may be a lot of rust to knock off. Feliciano's spent the whole season getting down a rhythm with Jones and the other linemen. 

53 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

Love it. Swan song for Davis Webb before he inevitably retires at the end of this year and goes into coaching. 

Or he balls out completely and we finally begin the Webb era.

I imagine he ends up as our QB coach in a year or so once Kafka gets hired as a HC.

• Like 1

I am so meh about this game, seeing how the starters will not be playing or seeing limited snaps. I understand and can agree with why, but this game means nothing. The most interesting thing that is going to happen for the Giants is a Web to Golladay touchdown.

Frustrating. Minny already beating up on a hobbled tanking Bears team and building up momentum. Really wish Daboll would have gone for the win. The offense going into that Minny game rusty putting up 3 and outs is going to get us down quick. If resting guys results in a W vs Minny I'll eat my crow but I'm still in the momentum > rest crowd.

Happy for Webb though. Hope he balls out today. Nothing to lose so hopefully Kafka's lets the offense go wide open.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Shockwave said:

Frustrating. Minny already beating up on a hobbled tanking Bears team and building up momentum. Really wish Daboll would have gone for the win. The offense going into that Minny game rusty putting up 3 and outs is going to get us down quick. If resting guys results in a W vs Minny I'll eat my crow but I'm still in the momentum > rest crowd.

Happy for Webb though. Hope he balls out today. Nothing to lose so hopefully Kafka's lets the offense go wide open.

The Vikings were just blown out last week. Are going against the worst team in the league using both of their backup Quarterbacks, with the worst pass rush and won’t be playing the Bears in 2 weeks. If the Giants had that scenario, it be a little different.