Week 18: San Francisco 49ers vs Arizona Cardinals

J-ALL-DAY

A terrible defensive performance, sloppy game with a bunch of penalties but the main thing is we got out of Vegas with a win and now we are in the driver's seat to get the #2 seed and potentially even the #1 seed. But first up, have to beat the Cardinals......

Honestly, there really is no need for a breakdown for this game. We are the much better team and should take care of business against a team that has packed it in and are also on their 3rd string QB. What I am looking forward to:

1. Potential returns of Mitchell/Deebo

2. Bosa sack tracker and if he can get two to tie Aldon Smith's franchise record or even surpass it 

3. Can the defense clean up the big play down the field that they have been allowing before the playoffs?

4. The continued progress of Purdy

5. Can Kittle get to double digit TDs for the first time in his career?

6. Can Aiyuk surpass the 1,000 yard mark for the first time in his career?

7. The guard play without Banks

Just need to come out of the game healthy and get ready for the playoffs. Almost that time!

SF 38

AZ 17

• Like 1

DVOA rankings through 17 weeks:

Offense - 7th

Defense - 1st

STs - 16th

Overall - 3rd

The offense is also 7th in PPG and 5th in YPG. They have essentially become the unit we thought they would be once the CMC trade was made. 

Defensively, we were so bad against the Raiders that now we are essentially tied with the Cowboys for the top spot. Need to put together a strong performance against the Cardinals to finish out #1. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

A terrible defensive performance, sloppy game with a bunch of penalties but the main thing is we got out of Vegas with a win and now we are in the driver's seat to get the #2 seed and potentially even the #1 seed. But first up, have to beat the Cardinals......

Honestly, there really is no need for a breakdown for this game. We are the much better team and should take care of business against a team that has packed it in and are also on their 3rd string QB. What I am looking forward to:

1. Potential returns of Mitchell/Deebo

2. Bosa sack tracker and if he can get two to tie Aldon Smith's franchise record or even surpass it 

3. Can the defense clean up the big play down the field that they have been allowing before the playoffs?

4. The continued progress of Purdy

5. Can Kittle get to double digit TDs for the first time in his career?

6. Can Aiyuk surpass the 1,000 yard mark for the first time in his career?

7. The guard play without Banks

Just need to come out of the game healthy and get ready for the playoffs. Almost that time!

SF 38

AZ 17

If the games are played as scheduled, I hope this is a blowout, so we can take out our key guys, CMC, Juice, Aiyuk, Deebo if active, Trent, McGlinchey, Bosa, AA, Kinlaw, Ebukam, Warner, Dre if active, Al-Shaair, Mooney, Gipson, Ward, let the youngsters play, and get valuable time out there, can't come out flat like Sunday on defense, our offense really kept us in the game, the defense ultimately came through when we needed them the most.

• Like 1

Hoping our defense has a bounce back game.  Trace McSorley has been just over 50% completion, with 45 attempts just in his last game.   That's a lot of attempts that didn't get much traction.  He gets the ball out pretty quickly, so I don't expect a lot of sacks.  I could see an interception or two, though.  Offensively, we just need to keep doing what we're doing.  Distribute the ball and let guys make plays.  No prediction on exact score, but this "should" be a win by double digits.  

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Ataal said:

Hoping our defense has a bounce back game.  Trace McSorley has been just over 50% completion, with 45 attempts just in his last game.   That's a lot of attempts that didn't get much traction.  He gets the ball out pretty quickly, so I don't expect a lot of sacks.  I could see an interception or two, though.  Offensively, we just need to keep doing what we're doing.  Distribute the ball and let guys make plays.  No prediction on exact score, but this "should" be a win by double digits.  

Last week it was David Blough. No clue who starts this week. 

• Like 1

Hopefully we can build a solid lead by halftime and start letting guys rest. Can't count on NYG to win, so might as well get a mini-bye here

Mason, Mason, a little TDP, and more Mason please

Edited by adamq
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, adamq said:

Hopefully we can build a solid lead by halftime and start letting guys rest. Can't count on NYG to win, so might as well get a mini-bye here

Mason, Mason, a little TDP, and more Mason please

I wonder if TDP is active if they do activate Mitchell this week, which might happen since Akeem Spence was cut.

58 minutes ago, Ninerholic said:

How does it feel knowing this is probably Kliff’s last game as coach?

tumblr_oigbofZ19T1sh2l4jo1_250.gif

My fear down the stretch was a meaningless win persuading a buffoon owner into more buffoonery.  Rooting for Harbaugh although i doubt he prefers Kyler. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, N4L said:

Last week it was David Blough. No clue who starts this week. 

Ah, good catch.  That was one of the few Cardinals games I missed this year.  Looks like Blough did do a little better.  Definitely better than we did against the Falcons.  (insert laughing and crying face)

Did you know that McCloud is 6th in the NFL in All-Purpose yards? He's also been a top 5 punt returner in all categories and a top 10 kickoff returner in all categories.

I feel like he's completely flown under the radar for me this year, but he's been making a splash plays lately. He's been very valuable. 

• Like 5