Week 18: San Francisco 49ers vs Arizona Cardinals

J-ALL-DAY

Gibson wasn't as good as the 5 INTs indicate but you couldn't ask for anything more from a guy we signed right before TC. 

Still crazy to think we got 12 INTs combined from the trio of Gibson, Hufanga and Ward. We went kind of crazy creating TOs during the win streak. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, 49erscap said:

What were Bates numbers this season, I know he was on the franchise tag, no way Cincinnati tags him again. I'd have no issue with Gipson back on a 1yr-2yr deal.

Career high in picks this year. Got his 4th today. Has had three in every other year but one. Not as many pass breakups, but still had quite a few. Just a good all around safety. Plays the run well, keeps up on coverage. 

• Like 1

We end the regular season at +173 point differential...BEST in the NFL

Bills were +169, Eagles were +133, Chiefs were +127, Cowboys were +125 to round out the top 5

What's also crazy is only FIVE teams in the NFC had a positive point differential...49ers, Eagles, Cowboys, Lions & Seahawks

Yes, playoff teams like the Vikings, Giants & Bucs all had a negative point differential

• Like 3

11 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Gibson wasn't as good as the 5 INTs indicate but you couldn't ask for anything more from a guy we signed right before TC. 

Still crazy to think we got 12 INTs combined from the trio of Gibson, Hufanga and Ward. We went kind of crazy creating TOs during the win streak. 

He was gifted a couple of interceptions, but Gibson has been VERY good this year. He's about as sure of a tackler as we have and he's been pretty good covering on the backend. He's an unsung hero and one hell of a pick up for this team.  

10 minutes ago, NinerNation21 said:

He was gifted a couple of interceptions, but Gibson has been VERY good this year. He's about as sure of a tackler as we have and he's been pretty good covering on the backend. He's an unsung hero and one hell of a pick up for this team.  

He's been fine but also has been responsible for some of the big plays we have allowed by taking bad angles. I mean even the AJ Green TD, Gibson could have prevented a score but was not able to make a play and then the Sherfield TD he was one of the main culprits for allowing that. Then when teams were able to single him up, it was damn near guaranteed completion. Nonetheless, we led the league in INTs and Gibson was responsible for 20% of those and that matters. We haven't had 20 INTs since 2011 and that's when Rogers/Goldson had 6 a piece. Super impressive stuff....Obviously the additional game helps matters, especially considering we got three yesterday. 

• Like 1

Lmfao I just turned on hardknocks. The first 2 minutes are just closeups of kliff on the sideline and you hear the fog horn going off and see his reaction every single time we score. Fog horn after fog horn while the announcers talk about how big changes are coming in Arizona. 

I had to pause it I was laughing so hard. This is incredible, I hope we play against the team who has in season hardknocks every year they do it. 

• Like 1

Eli doin' work.

My favorite play here is the second in this video.. the result was an L, but this formation and the motion are mouth watering. 

Come out in shotgun with 25 next to Purdy, Juice is out wide to the right. Motion Eli to the slot and Juice to the backfield.. 74 gets manhandled and let's 99 blow up the play, but the versatility we have with all these weapons really opens the door for anything and everything to confuse defenses

• Like 2

1 hour ago, adamq said:

Eli doin' work.

My favorite play here is the second in this video.. the result was an L, but this formation and the motion are mouth watering. 

Come out in shotgun with 25 next to Purdy, Juice is out wide to the right. Motion Eli to the slot and Juice to the backfield.. 74 gets manhandled and let's 99 blow up the play, but the versatility we have with all these weapons really opens the door for anything and everything to confuse defenses

Would you say we have a "plethora"? 

Image result for Three Amigos Plethora gif

• Like 2