Week 18: San Francisco 49ers vs Arizona Cardinals

J-ALL-DAY

20 hours ago, StevenK said:

I would like Womack to get some additional playtime due to Lenoir’s suspect cover skills. 

Great call! Would like womack to get some work this week. We may need to move Ward back to safety in a pinch in the playoffs. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

Even if he's hobbled/rusty, I'll take my chances with Jimmy coming off the bench compared to Josh Johnson in a late playoff game where Purdy isn't available. 

Long way to go though first. And hopefully Purdy doesn't get banged up for this scenario to matter. 

As long as we don’t try to replace Purdy with Jimmy because he’s ‘healthy’ I’d much rather have Jimmy as the backup. 

I would certainly be irritated if Purdy got us to the Championship game or even the Super Bowl and they just yanked him for Jimmy.

Obviously it could be that the team is carrying him, but to this point I think that he’s earned the right to be the starter regardless of Jimmy’s health.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, GW21 said:

As long as we don’t try to replace Purdy with Jimmy because he’s ‘healthy’ I’d much rather have Jimmy as the backup. 

I would certainly be irritated if Purdy got us to the Championship game or even the Super Bowl and they just yanked him for Jimmy.

Obviously it could be that the team is carrying him, but to this point I think that he’s earned the right to be the starter regardless of Jimmy’s health.

That won't happen at this point. Fans shouldn't be alarmed that scenario. 

Edited by TecmoSuperJoe

I just realized that the Panthers had a week 13 bye week. This is significant because we traded for cmc in week 6. 

cmc has not had a week off and has been ridden pretty hard. He tweaked his ankle. Mitchell is back. Mason has looked good and TDP is healthy. 

I completely understand playing Deebo this week to get him back in rhythm somewhat, but cmc needs to sit. I anticipate a huge workload for him in the playoffs. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, N4L said:

I just realized that the Panthers had a week 13 bye week. This is significant because we traded for cmc in week 6. 

cmc has not had a week off and has been ridden pretty hard. He tweaked his ankle. Mitchell is back. Mason has looked good and TDP is healthy. 

I completely understand playing Deebo this week to get him back in rhythm somewhat, but cmc needs to sit. I anticipate a huge workload for him in the playoffs. 

CMC was here when we had our bye but I still agree with you, he should sit this week. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, N4L said:

CMC won't have a heavy workload. Mitchell is going to be activated and will get his 9-11 carries and I expect Mason/TDP to get their fair share as well. Shanny wants the #2 seed badly and once the game is out of reach, CMC will not be used much, if at all. 

• Like 1