Demar Hamlin Fantasy Implications

CT Cowboy Fan

Hello all, this is such a terrible and delicate situation and I want to show respect for it. My thoughts and prayers are with Demar and his family.

That said, I’m looking to reach out to see what other commissioners and leagues are doing in reguard to the implications this situation will have on the fantasy championships that were to be decided with that game. If the NFL decides not to play or reschedule the game, how do we fairly decide a champion for our respective leagues that had players from this game?

My personal situation is that I’m currently ahead on points, but my opponent has Burrow and Diggs with a projected 73% chance of winning.

Curious to see what yahoo does. I'm up 100 points on my opponent (Thanks Mike Evans), but he has Burrow and Chase. 

Will they use Bengals players points for their game vs Baltimore/Bills stats vs NE as a substitute? Delay the results until the make up game in 2 weeks, then just continue the scoring? Award their projected points? 

Edited by Jeezla

56 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

Curious to see what yahoo does. I'm up 100 points on my opponent (Thanks Mike Evans), but he has Burrow and Chase. 

Will they use Bengals players points for their game vs Baltimore/Bills stats vs NE as a substitute? Delay the results until the make up game in 2 weeks, then just continue the scoring? Award their projected points? 

I feel like the companies won't due anything and will leave it to the commissioners of each league. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

I'm considering allowing teams in both of my leagues to either use the Bills/Bengals players they have in those slots next week or someone from their bench. The points they score next week + what they had without them will determine the winner.

That’s an interesting solution TBH. 

I think what most leagues are going to do is declare who had the most points in the Championship Week Game, the Champion, BUT, if the other guy was projected to win (with proof) with Bengals/Bills players, then the pot should be split 50/50. Just like in @Forge league, the guy who still finished with the most points should still be declared the Champ. 

It’s a sucky situation, but it is what it is. 

7 hours ago, Jeezla said:

I have a championship in yahoo and was up 29 but my opponent had Diggs (full PPR too). So almost a toss up, especially considering that Diggs always kills me.

I just read that yahoo is planning to allow for a stat correction if the game is played at ANY point in the future...

https://sports.yahoo.com/week-17-18-fantasy-football-status-updates-011003705.html

here are some things that i have put out for discussion in some leagues I am in

1. End season, split the money for the contests involved.  Coin flip to determine draft position for teams involved
  2. Use week 18 games for those players involved in MNF game and manually add to week 17 scores.
  3. If game gets rescheduled in a later date.... week 19 or whatever, use that game to add to week 17 game
  4. Finalize week 17 scores as they currently stand once the week 18 games start on Saturday

the teams involved are specifically asked to put their thoughts on the matter out for discussion.  rest of league is fine to weigh in, but since teams out of the playoffs don't have monetary or future draft pick position impacted, they input is weighed a bit less.  

All leagues are essentially waiting for the NFL to make an announcement on the possible rescheduling of the BUF vs CIN game.  if that doesn't get announced before the start of games on saturday, we will decide on a process and go with that. 

my preferred choices are either 2 or 3, but if the game is not rescheduled, option 3 is out

20 hours ago, Forge said:

I had a similar situation in my league. I was only up 10 and he had Burrow, so he was going to win. 

If they don't set up some sort of make up, I'm claiming victory but giving my opponent the money

Trying to figure that out too. I was down 1.5 but had Bass and Higgins, so I passed him during the game before it shut down. At a loss on what to do. Maybe thinking Co-Champions? It's stupid too, but I don't know what else to do. 

19 hours ago, Jeezla said:

Yahoo has an article out explaining their current thinking FYI: https://sports.yahoo.com/week-17-18-fantasy-football-status-updates-011003705.html 

I think we are looking at either co champs or no champ in our league. Not sure yet.

12th year in our home league that I've never won but I had a shot going into MNF with Burrow/Chase/Logan Wilson and Hamlin.

Down 66 but before the game was postponed, I had 12 pts from Burrow/Wilson so the game wasn't out of reach yet.

I know Yahoo went ahead and declared my opponent the winner for the time being.

My opponent actually wants to use week 18 but there are too many variable going into next week with guys potentially not playing or playing less so I don't think that's an option.

I know there probably isn't much yahoo can do but its kinda annoying that yes we can still do co champs or even no champs but in my record, yahoo will see it as 2nd place for me even though the match is TBD.....I'll stop complaining now.

Edited by NcFinest9erFan