Dak for Cleveland's 1st.

resilient part 2

1 hour ago, plan9misfit said:

That’s a Catch-22, though. You’ll never have a competitive team without a QB. 

Yes but it is easier for a young guy to come in and learn around established players. So many teams have at doing this. Dak has really benifited with guys like Dez and Witten in the lineup, not to mention a stud line. He and Zeke could work perfectly together because of it. It was the right move, and with them having Coleman, no Njoku or w/e, they still have a good line, all they need now is a QB to bring along and maybe establish a good run game. If they take Rosen or Darnold, then spend a 2nd or that other first on a RB. Or God forbid Barkley if he managed to make it to 10 or 9. They could be set up for the next decade easy.

Sigh. Some people’s kids.  Didn’t read it all but I just don’t understand how people can have zero patience. I guess I think different as I came from a generation that saw Steve Young and Rogers sit in the bench for two three plus years before ever making the field 

and for the record I have seen nothing over this year and last year that tells me Goff or Wentz are any better bets then Dak

1 hour ago, quiller said:

Sigh. Some people’s kids.  Didn’t read it all but I just don’t understand how people can have zero patience. I guess I think different as I came from a generation that saw Steve Young and Rogers sit in the bench for two three plus years before ever making the field 

and for the record I have seen nothing over this year and last year that tells me Goff or Wentz are any better bets then Dak

THIS is where I need the old emojis. (insert hand clapping one here)

• 3 weeks later...
11 hours ago, 5x10 said:

Bump

im not sure we could get a 7th round pick at this point

rg3 all over again

? 4 sacks. How many QB rushes? Smith gone for the entire game outside of one series. And it's not like the Seahawks are some run of the mill Browns team. But really? A 7th?

59 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

? 4 sacks. How many QB rushes? Smith gone for the entire game outside of one series. And it's not like the Seahawks are some run of the mill Browns team. But really? A 7th?

Excuses, excuses, excuses

never seen a guy get so much of a pass, over half his season is filled with garbage play

2 hours ago, 5x10 said:

Excuses, excuses, excuses

never seen a guy get so much of a pass, over half his season is filled with garbage play

A sophmore that was missing his running game, his LT not to mention his WR's drop balls like crazy, and an almost inept offensive coordinator. I think your a little wound up tight over a season we all knew was pretty much over by game 8. 

Dak is a second year QB who was drafted in the 4th round. He is going to need some fine tuning. It' not like we are pay it him millions of dollars. I' sure a lot of people wrote off Goff last year. Give him some time to develop. 

It was only last year where he was the main reason we came back against Green Bay and went head to head with Rodgers.

Drop passes like crazy? Dak has attempted 460 passes this season, and 12 have been dropped. While final numbers aren't in for every team this year, in 2016 that would have ranked them at 24th for dropped pass rate (at 2.6%). Last year you guys had the lowest in the league (32nd) at 1.7%.

The receivers dropping passes isn't the issue, it's an excuse.

59 minutes ago, Danger said:

Drop passes like crazy? Dak has attempted 460 passes this season, and 12 have been dropped. While final numbers aren't in for every team this year, in 2016 that would have ranked them at 24th for dropped pass rate (at 2.6%). Last year you guys had the lowest in the league (32nd) at 1.7%.

The receivers dropping passes isn't the issue, it's an excuse.

Yep

same with the o line

the reality is, dak isn't a pro qb. He's a read option guy with sub par accuracy 

Cowboys are going to be a bottom of the league passing team with him st the healm

and as a cowboy fan, that's painful

1 hour ago, Calvert28 said:

A sophmore that was missing his running game, his LT not to mention his WR's drop balls like crazy, and an almost inept offensive coordinator. I think your a little wound up tight over a season we all knew was pretty much over by game 8. 

He is a doomsday guy. Just let him be. Pretty sure 90% of his post are “Dak sucks.”

Well looking at it now if this was Madden, you easily do that and don't look back. Then you draft Josh Rosen or Sam Darnold.

But you don't trade a QB this young after 2 years. It's a tough one for me. I'm 50/50 on Dak. On one hand he had the year he had last year. No matter how aided it was from the line and Zeke, he did it. On the other hand, I could probably name 20+ QB in the league right now who are better than Dak.

It wasn't just that Dak regressed or was not that good this year. He was was bouncing balls to receivers who were only 10 yards away repeatedly, overthrowing Dez and others by miles it seemed, throwing far too many passes that got his receivers murdered, and the decision making was just so bad. The worst was that pick 6 the other day. Zeke was wide open and only about 15 feet away, and Dak threw it easily 10 feet over his head. And if you say well he was targeting Dez, then that was an even worse throw/decision.

But it isn't all on Dak. It's this damn boring system that only has the following plays:

-Run with Zeke/Morris/R. Smith

-Throw 5 yards to Witten/Beasley

-Occasionally move the chains with Terrance Williams slants

-Throw to Dez randomly

It just sucks. When it's 3rd and 7 or longer, the staff gives up and runs a play to throw the ball 3 yards. It's pretty disgusting how incompetent and bad Linehan and Garrett are.

Dak finished half the season with under 200 yards passing per game (8 of 16)

another sub par day passing today, even against the backups

too many High throws, missed a wide open twill for a td, should have had one pick if the eagles defender didn’t drop it

daks poor play is becoming more and more consistent. 

Archived