Dak for Cleveland's 1st.

resilient part 2

14 hours ago, resilient part 2 said:

I made this thread as a knee-jefk reaction  to those who have made claims about Dak not being too good or the next RG3 or not an NFL quarterback. Apparently there are a lot of non-believers this is their thread to give them a chance to make their argument. The top pick in the draft would be a no-brainer for an average non NFL starting quarterback wouldn't he? Here is their chance to trade Dak for a very possible impact player. If they really believe in what they said about Dak then this trade should be a no-brainer

Please don't be like the fake news and only write in half truths. I said in my thread that I "feared Maybe, I repeat, MAYBE, he may be the second coming of RGIII.

please be accurate in what you write.

Thank you

Nope. I wouldn't trade Dak to the Browns. His passing has been an issue this year, but he's not the main issue. The issue is with the coaches and this F.O. for choosing to neglect the defense for so long with high end talent. 

The drafting of Martellus Bennett and Gavin Escobar in the 2nd round. That left most of us with a WTF face.

The drafting of Chaz Green in the 3rd. A OT who was constantly injured in college. Again this also left us with a WTF face.

Drafting a badly injured Jaylon Smith in the 2nd round over Noah Spence, etc. HUGE gamble, since no one knows if he will ever get to 100% again.

TJ Watt > Taco Charlton in terms of high end talent but Dallas chooses the lesser talent. A lot of us were furious. The F.O. even came out after the draft and said they still had 1 first round quality player on the board, but they decided to draft Taco instead smh... 

Elliott = Ramsey in terms of high end talent, but why draft a RB when the defense is basically Sean Lee or bust? They knew this going into the draft and they still took the RB! The saying at the time was 1 defensive player isn't going to fix the defense, but you have to start somewhere. A defense with Lee, Watt, Ramsey, Lewis, Irving and Tank would have been a nice start.

These are the some of the many reasons why these coaches and people in the F.O. should be fired.

I'm not giving up on Dak by any stretch.  Every player will face difficulties in their career at some point.  He's had pretty smooth sailing up to this point.  He's not even 2 years into his career and he still has plenty to learn.  I do think he has the proper mental makeup to bounce back from this.  Say what you will about his support, he had a rookie season no QB has ever had before, went toe-to-toe with Rodgers in the playoffs, and prior to this slump, we scored at least 28 points in 6 straight games.  He certainly plays a part in it.

I blame the coaching more than anything else for this collapse.  It's proven to be a poorly built team like many we have had in the past and our staff can not seem to adjust at all to a few players being out.

10 hours ago, doumeyer said:

Why would the Bowns, give up the #1 overall pick in the 2018 draft for what I saw yesterday?  This has to be one of the  DUMBEST post in the history of FOOTBALL FUTURE FOURM. The Cowboys would be lucky to get a second or third round pick, for the guy I saw play QB yesterday. 

THIS ^ guy is exactly why I made this thread. ". The Cowboys would be lucky to get a second or third round pick"

Case closed.

8 hours ago, Rtnldave said:

Please don't be like the fake news and only write in half truths. I said in my thread that I "feared Maybe, I repeat, MAYBE, he may be the second coming of RGIII.

please be accurate in what you write.

Thank you

Dak and RG3 in the same sentence should be seen as an insult to Dak. Regardless of the last few games.

2 hours ago, resilient part 2 said:

Dak and RG3 in the same sentence should be seen as an insult to Dak. Regardless of the last few games.

Dak hasn't earned the right to be insulted with an RG3 comment. He is a 2nd year pro not a seasoned vet. I guess you forget just how frightening RG3 was his rookie year. When it is no longer a possibility to have an RG3 career then it is an insult. Until then, it's just another doubt that he has to disprove. Not an insult. 

Even "okay" QBs like Dalton, or Cam  who have played several years, can have the right to be insulted by an RG3 comparison. But not young guys like Dak or Watson with only an incredible rookie year to their name. 

RG3 is a result for Dak that neither you or I want. But until it's impossible for him to have a similar career, it can't be an insult. In fact, at this point in their respective careers RG3 was arguably more successful than Dak. Statistically both had great rookie years. Both won rookie of the year. Dak was a 4th rounder and RG3 was compensated as a 2nd overall pick. 

RG3 rookie year:

Yards: 4,015

TDs: 27

INTs: 5

Dak rookie year:

Yards: 3,949

TDs: 29

INTs: 4

RG3 did it with a rookie RB as well, but his was Alfred Morris, and Daks was Zeke. Hopefully by now you have a good understanding of both backs talent level. RG3 wasn't playing behind 3 all pros either but that's all besides the point.

RG3 year 2 (13 games)

Yards: 3,692

TDs: 16

INTs: 12

Dak year 2 (11 games)

Yards: 2,565

TDs: 21

INTs: 9

Dak will need to average 563.5 yards over the next two games just to match RG3s yards total in his 2nd year; aka the year he "busted."

In fact the only real advantage Dak has over RG3 at this point in his career is rushing TDs believe it or not. Kind of a weird leg to have up on RG3, but Daks had 6 rushing TDs this year and RG3 got none his 2nd year. Total passing TDs are Dak 39 RG3 36. With RG3 having more yards. So pretty even through the air. 

Again, I don't want RG3 to be the Dak comparison but to say that it's insulting to point out the(still very real) possibility... Idk. The numbers are near identical, so the only thing you have to argue is that you "feel" it's wrong. At this point he has a better chance to be RG3 than Tom Brady.  But I'd say his current trend is for someone in the middle like a poor mans Cam Newton.

>:(

1 hour ago, DaBoys said:

Dak hasn't earned the right to be insulted with an RG3 comment. He is a 2nd year pro not a seasoned vet. I guess you forget just how frightening RG3 was his rookie year. When it is no longer a possibility to have an RG3 career then it is an insult. Until then, it's just another doubt that he has to disprove. Not an insult. 

Even "okay" QBs like Dalton, or Cam  who have played several years, can have the right to be insulted by an RG3 comparison. But not young guys like Dak or Watson with only an incredible rookie year to their name. 

RG3 is a result for Dak that neither you or I want. But until it's impossible for him to have a similar career, it can't be an insult. In fact, at this point in their respective careers RG3 was arguably more successful than Dak. Statistically both had great rookie years. Both won rookie of the year. Dak was a 4th rounder and RG3 was compensated as a 2nd overall pick. 

RG3 rookie year:

Dak rookie year:

RG3 did it with a rookie RB as well, but his was Alfred Morris, and Daks was Zeke. Hopefully by now you have a good understanding of both backs talent level. RG3 wasn't playing behind 3 all pros either but that's all besides the point.

RG3 year 2 (13 games)

Dak year 2 (11 games)

Dak will need to average 563.5 yards over the next two games just to match RG3s yards total in his 2nd year; aka the year he "busted."

In fact the only real advantage Dak has over RG3 at this point in his career is rushing TDs believe it or not. Kind of a weird leg to have up on RG3, but Daks had 6 rushing TDs this year and RG3 got none his 2nd year. Total passing TDs are Dak 39 RG3 36. With RG3 having more yards. So pretty even through the air. 

Again, I don't want RG3 to be the Dak comparison but to say that it's insulting to point out the(still very real) possibility... Idk. The numbers are near identical, so the only thing you have to argue is that you "feel" it's wrong. At this point he has a better chance to be RG3 than Tom Brady.  But I'd say his current trend is for someone in the middle like a poor mans Cam Newton.

Damn you Daboys for making this response at 12 midnight Friday night. I will see your response tomorrow and raise you one.;)

I ultimately think Daks success was less gimmicky than RG3s. RG3 was running the read option before anyone else was. Once that wasn't an option, no pun intended, he was exposed. Dak was winning the same way Romo was winning. Daks rookie year is also statistically comparable to Romo's 2014, which had him receiving MVP votes. Doing the same things Romo was; Play action, heavy dose of Murray, less than 30 throws a game, and a little magic here and there. Dak did it. That's not something that can be exposed. Its a winning formula. That's why Dak should be different from RG3. The concern is, Daks GREAT rookie year was still just an "okay" year for a non rookie QB. 

So he needs to get better, and at this point, the climb to the top of the mountain is still further than the fall to the bottom. I agree that it's laughable to give up on Dak right now. But his current level/accomplishments don't shelter him from comparisons yet IMO.

Daks success WAS less gimmicky than Rg3s, just to bolster the point by @DaBoys

Rg3 did have an amazing rookie campaign for sure. But he did it off a endless onslaught of college style play designs - lots of run/pass option, read option, sweep option etc with simplified pass reads. Even more simplified than what we have seen from Kaepernick. Rg3, all he had to do literally was the same reads hr did at Baylor, mostly as straight forward as "ok if I read not to keep this, i throw it deep down this sideline no matter what else I see"

It isnt easy, dont get me wrong. It take and sometimes making the right read on a DE can  tricky. But the offense overall was straight out of college, hell, it may have even been more watered down than what he ran at Baylor.

The moment teams started to play it that way and Washington tried to rev up the engine and expand the playbook in hopes Griffin had developed, it was obvious he sure had not. 

With Prescott, the offense didnt change much. They kept the route trees a bit simpler and the option routes a bit more basic and easier to read, but Prescott still got a healthy dose of NFL offense from day 1. And that has only grown as time has gone on. His struggles now, I mean, yeah he missed a few passes and literally EVERY QB does. Watch Brees, Brady even...theres 3 to 5 passes that they would wish they could take back every game.

Difference is, when you are down by 10 and havent been.scoring, those misses are magnified. Double so when you have an all or nothing ravenous turncoat/bangwagon fanbase like this team has, where any miss means you are worthless forever and every TD should give you another HoF bust in canton.

Half of Daks picks this season have been solely caused by poor WR play, lets not forget this. If Williams hangs onto that ball, its a first down. If Dez attacks that ball in the endzone instead of waiting on it like a sissy nobody, thats a TD. And how many balls bounce out of a receivers hand into a DBs? 

Dak has a good cast to help him, but these receivers, they havent done him any favors. Now mix in empty rush yardage with Zeke gone, poor blocking with Smith and now Martin out, and a defense that would probably cover better if they all laid down and took a nap on the goalline (forcing your young passer to have to force passes and carry the team in his second year) , you have the recipe for what we have been seeing.

To everyone selling out Dak like a ravenous turncoat ignoramous, there are teams that search 10+ years and longer for their Dak Prescott even at his worst, so be careful what you say.

My my we are touchy on this subject. Folks, I wasn't interested in comparing stats between Dak and RG3. All I was suggesting was suppose Dak has ONLY one style of playing, like RG3? 

If that is the case, it is entirely possible that he ends up like RG3.

Right now, you cannot, with any certainty or  absence of your senses, say it is ridiculous or impossible.

And again, I did say "maybe."

5 minutes ago, Rtnldave said:

My my we are touchy on this subject. Folks, I wasn't interested in comparing stats between Dak and RG3. All I was suggesting was suppose Dak has ONLY one style of playing, like RG3? 

Right now, you cannot, with any certainty or  absence of your senses, say it is ridiculous or impossible.

I'm curious...what do you mean "one style of play"?

RGIII's bread and butter was his ability to run the ball. He wasn't extremely talented as a passer. He was able to get by with that at Baylor, but it wasn't going to work in the pros. He also never had a playbook in college.

Dak was able to come in during the draft process and run through Garrett and Linehan's playbook. He is extremely intelligent. He is capable of making plays through the air and on the ground, he isn't a run-first QB by any means but if that is the best option he can make something happen. The two are vastly different players. 

22 minutes ago, Rtnldave said:

Rg3 was only ever capable of one style of play - collegiate style.

Dak has already played and managed and excelled in a pro offense. You are asking why and what if, but in the context in which you are asking, it is like asking What if automobiles get us where we want to go faster than walking? Its already a given, the answer is already apparent.

12 hours ago, DaBoys said:

RG3 rookie year:

Dak rookie year:

RG3 year 2 (13 games)

Dak year 2 (11 games)

I think this post is totally accurate

dak is who he is and it currently playing like garbage

he hasn’t been very accurate or consistent at all. Not effective in keeping drives alive.

in 50% of the games this year, he has failed to reach 200 yards. 200 yards is not a very high baramoter

i think it’s unrealistic to think last years play, keep in mind there was no tape/tendencies on dak, to be the expectation going forward.

nfl defenses adjust and take away your tendencies 

im a life long cowboy fan, was thrilled with last year but also think that current dak is more likely to be the future vs 2016 dak 

19 minutes ago, 5x10 said:

I think this post is totally accurate

dak is who he is and it currently playing like garbage

he hasn’t been very accurate or consistent at all. Not effective in keeping drives alive.

in 50% of the games this year, he has failed to reach 200 yards. 200 yards is not a very high baramoter

i think it’s unrealistic to think last years play, keep in mind there was no tape/tendencies on dak, to be the expectation going forward.

nfl defenses adjust and take away your tendencies 

im a life long cowboy fan, was thrilled with last year but also think that current dak is more likely to be the future vs 2016 dak 

Uhh, we have seen him play like last year as recently as a month ago. And to think he will always play poorly after a bad game is as stupid as thinking he will always play as great as he did after a great game. Or to think that in only his second season, he will never learn or improve ever again.

Do you have the mind of a goldfish? They live in five second intervals. If the fish is hungry, he thinks he has been hungry his whole life. If he is sad, he thinks he has been sad his whole life. Etc. Kind of reminds me of your logic here..he didnt play well when you took all his components away from him, therefore he will never play well again? Yeah...goldfish.

Archived