Week 18: NY Jets vs MIA Dolphins

Bobby816

2 minutes ago, doumeyer said:

We played a team that had a lousy rotten QB and we can't even  them.

I know. Imagine the meltdown on here if we had won once in the previous five games and needed Buffalo to beat NE and us beat yet another 3rd stringer. 

Would be better severed getting Joe and his white cleats out of retirement and giving it a go. 

5 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Last 6 games of the season we only had 2 TDs 2 passing TDs by Zach Wilson against the Lions.

Fire MLF tomorrow

Crazy some of these stats. Makes you really question if the FO is looking at making a big change at HC, DC or OC. JD should be the only one who’s safe. 

1 minute ago, KimuraGod said:

I meant more in the fact we played both very well considering our injuries. More on the side of retaining them I meant.

Got it. 

I'll say this. If Woody/JD knew they could pull JH or Payton and fired Saleh, I wouldn't be mad right now. I'm tired of watching other teams literally rebuild and looking better than us during our playoff drought. 

3 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

Got it. 

I'll say this. If Woody/JD knew they could pull JH or Payton and fired Saleh, I wouldn't be mad right now. I'm tired of watching other teams literally rebuild and looking better than us during our playoff drought. 

You have to trade for Payton. You giving up our 1st for Payton?

2 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

Got it. 

Yeah I mean they’d be great hires. As would a program builder like Shaw who’s just left Stanford. 

Just now, Bobby816 said:

You have to trade for Payton. You giving up our 1st for Payton?

I'd consider it. Its crazy, but I'm tired of coaching or the gm being the problem every year. Pairing a great coach with JD's draft can really get us there. If Saleh fall next season, I'm not sure if we're going to get a shot at coaches like him and JH next season. I haven't made up my mind on trading a pick for a coach, but I'm close to saying yes.

I’m not a Saleh fan but I’d only fire him for Harbaugh. Horrendous job down the stretch. He’s not a good HC but I would rather him than another first time HC.

MLF has to go. So does Benton. If we don’t make changes offensively prepare for a complete retail yet again in 2024.

Joe Douglas really had an exceptional draft.  Obviously Sauce and Wilson were no brainer picks, but JJ will ascend next year, Clemons plays hard AF, Mitchell is a quality developmental OT (not a close to a starter yet) and Breece is a game changer. I challenge him to be able to cut the dead weight contracts and fix the OL, QB, S and LBs in the offseason and draft and that’s a lot to ask for. I am hoping we try to move down and look yo trade guys we can cut and collect day 2s and middle round picks to round out this roster with way more athletic depth. We also may not have a #2 WR. Moore was useless this season. 

I really hope Douglas can do some serious cap gymnastics this offseason otherwise I’m not so sure there should be nearly as much optimism as there is with just players returning for season ending injuries. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ukjets21 said:

Payton and Harbaugh wouldn't come here. I can only assume Payton is interested in Denver because the owners will just give him everything he wants, Woody is a nightmare owner.

Peyton wouldn't because he wants a QB. Harbaugh might though. I think Harbaugh is more desperate to get back in the NFL. 

I think we got what we needed this game.  Wilson is a star.  We have tremendous pieces on defense.  Despite having 3 useless LBs, 2 useless Safeties and an incompetent DC WHO PLAYS SOFT ZONE AND DOESN'T MATCH UP WRS AND DOESN'T BLITZ LBS, we were a top 5 unit.

Let's get Becton, Mitchell and AVT back, plus draft an OL then we need to shore up the middle of the defense.  Oh and whenever we did blitz a LB or DB off the edge there was massive success.  I'd have to see numbers but the eye test says we didn't do it nearly enough.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

I think we got what we needed this game.  Wilson is a star.  We have tremendous pieces on defense.  Despite having 3 useless LBs, 2 useless Safeties and an incompetent DC WHO PLAYS SOFT ZONE AND DOESN'T MATCH UP WRS AND DOESN'T BLITZ LBS, we were a top 5 unit.

Let's get Becton, Mitchell and AVT back, plus draft an OL then we need to shore up the middle of the defense.  Oh and whenever we did blitz a LB or DB off the edge there was massive success.  I'd have to see numbers but the eye test says we didn't do it nearly enough.

The sad part is that the coaching staff is so stubborn to their scheme and philosophy of only rushing 4 and dropping 7 in coverage. With the talent we have at the most important positions, a better defensive approach would maximize the talent of this group. Maybe we force more turnovers or get to the QB even more. I hope we prioritize the middle of the D/OL/QB this offseason and maybe we'll see a much better team in 2023.