Week 18: NY Jets vs MIA Dolphins

Bobby816

9 hours ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Flacco gonna get wrecked lol

Makes me wonder if ZW being the back up is more about having Flacco go out, get sacked and stripped a few times before sending ZW in to mop up. 

Let's face it. Flacco wont be making it out of this one healthy and standing.

9 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

The alternative is Streveler. So yes. And it makes sense

being that Brown, Fant and Herbig are out it should be a streveler game.  Start Wilson and use a Streveler package mixed in.  thank god the jets made it easy for me not to watch - sunday's my sons birthday!

11 minutes ago, Heymangold said:

being that Brown, Fant and Herbig are out it should be a streveler game.  Start Wilson and use a Streveler package mixed in.  thank god the jets made it easy for me not to watch - sunday's my sons birthday!

Franchise has came out and said Wilson is part of their plan. So he with the OL injured makes no sense to start with a poor OL. And let’s be real… our starting OL has been garbage. So how much worse can this group really be? Flacco is a vet and knows that he just has to get rid of the ball quickly. Streveler would run for his life all game and we’d look like a Navy playing out there with him.

Just now, Bobby816 said:

Franchise has came out and said Wilson is part of their plan. So he with the OL injured makes no sense to start with a poor OL. And let’s be real… our starting OL has been garbage. So how much worse can this group really be? Flacco is a vet and knows that he just has to get rid of the ball quickly. Streveler would run for his life all game and we’d look like a Navy playing out there with him.

it's a meaningless game.  if the staff is so committed to wilson, why not start him?  does him no good being the backup.  play the kid in a meaningless game, against a real team instead of relying on evaluating him further in an OTA or T/C practice.  the fact he isn't starting this game just leads me to believe he's absolutely gone this summer.

as for the team looking like navy, the offense looked the best it's looked in weeks with that brief stint with streveler at QB.  i'm not saying play him exclusively but mix in a series with him in.

4 minutes ago, Heymangold said:

it's a meaningless game.  if the staff is so committed to wilson, why not start him?  does him no good being the backup.  play the kid in a meaningless game, against a real team instead of relying on evaluating him further in an OTA or T/C practice.  the fact he isn't starting this game just leads me to believe he's absolutely gone this summer.

as for the team looking like navy, the offense looked the best it's looked in weeks with that brief stint with streveler at QB.  i'm not saying play him exclusively but mix in a series with him in.

Meaningless to us as fans. Not meaningless to the staff. That can hang their hat on and say that they swept MIA and Beat BUF in the off-season. That we’ve been awful in the division for forever and went 3-3 this year with 2 NE games that we should’ve won.

The whole narrative to think teams like us would tank in a game like this is fan talk. A staff and players want to win every game. Only reason White isn’t starting is bc his ribs. Probably shouldn’t have played last week and we should’ve started Flacco. And only reason we’re not starting Wilson is bc they think he needs to take a step back. And having him play 1 game after finally realizing this wouldn’t benefit him at all. 

24 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Meaningless to us as fans. Not meaningless to the staff. That can hang their hat on and say that they swept MIA and Beat BUF in the off-season. That we’ve been awful in the division for forever and went 3-3 this year with 2 NE games that we should’ve won.

The whole narrative to think teams like us would tank in a game like this is fan talk. A staff and players want to win every game. Only reason White isn’t starting is bc his ribs. Probably shouldn’t have played last week and we should’ve started Flacco. And only reason we’re not starting Wilson is bc they think he needs to take a step back. And having him play 1 game after finally realizing this wouldn’t benefit him at all. 

I think this is what the Jets staff is doing too. Do I agree with it not really, I just want a team that can make the playoffs on a regular base. Every year you always have KC, Ravens, Pitt, NE, Titans, in the playoffs or fighting for a spot the last week of the season. 

I also would like to add that I have a hard time thinking White was able to play last week. I think his poor play has a lot to do with the ribs and throwing the ball. This is probably why he was behind on a lot of his throws. In his other games he was money or just infront. Strange how he goes from this to back behind the WR throws. 

9 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

I think this is what the Jets staff is doing too. Do I agree with it not really, I just want a team that can make the playoffs on a regular base. Every year you always have KC, Ravens, Pitt, NE, Titans, in the playoffs or fighting for a spot the last week of the season. 

I also would like to add that I have a hard time thinking White was able to play last week. I think his poor play has a lot to do with the ribs and throwing the ball. This is probably why he was behind on a lot of his throws. In his other games he was money or just infront. Strange how he goes from this to back behind the WR throws. 

He was money? Come on. He has 0 TDs and 3 INTs in 3 starts after that CHI game that I’m sure Wilson could’ve looked good in too. 0 TDs in 3 games is far from “money”

3 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

The alternative is Streveler. So yes. And it makes sense

So what? He’s a backup

The risk is just not worth it. This staff waffles back and forth with this kid. You literally stated he shouldn’t start because of the o line, so why risk having him in the game at all?

not to mention the last time we saw Zach and Strev in a game together only one of them could manage to move the offense whatsoever. And it wasn’t Zach

so no, it doesn’t make much sense 

Edited by GangGreen420

19 minutes ago, GangGreen420 said:

So what? He’s a backup

The risk is just not worth it. This staff waffles back and forth with this kid. You literally stated he shouldn’t start because of the o line, so why risk having him in the game at all?

not to mention the last time we saw Zach and Strev in a game together only one of them could manage to move the offense whatsoever. And it wasn’t Zach

so no, it doesn’t make much sense 

In all honesty Streveler doesn’t even belong in this league. So let’s not start that.  He should be starting in the XFL in a few weeks. 

5 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

In all honesty Streveler doesn’t even belong in this league. So let’s not start that.  He should be starting in the XFL in a few weeks. 

And the sad thing is Wilson was literally benched for him a few weeks ago, but that’s not the point.

You don’t have Wilson inactive again and then have him be a backup in this game. What is the benefit?

14 minutes ago, GangGreen420 said:

And the sad thing is Wilson was literally benched for him a few weeks ago, but that’s not the point.

You don’t have Wilson inactive again and then have him be a backup in this game. What is the benefit?

Well he's the 3rd string QB and got moved up because White is injured. It's the right call.

4 minutes ago, GangGreen420 said:

Pray he doesn’t get in the game then because it’s an all risk no reward situation 

I hope he doesn't, I'd also rather not have Streveler in the game too. If Zach was put in due to injury and sucks (as I'm sure he would) what's the harm? We already know he's terrible. I don't believe the coaching staff seriously have him as a priority for them going forward.