Week 18 Thread: Whatever. Howell to start. Thoughts and Prayers for Damar Hamlin first and foremost.

MikeT14

1 minute ago, turtle28 said:

Can we please not do this. 

Realistically, no. 3 seasons into his NFL career he has 9 career sacks, 73 total tackles, 6 fumbles and 3 fumbles recovered. He was the #2 overall pick.

In comparison:
James Smith-Williams, drafted 227 picks later has 6 career sacks, 31 total tackles.
Trevis Gipson, drafted 153 picks later has 10 career sacks, 71 total tackles, 5 forced fumbles.

I'm sure I can find more examples, but the results aren't proportionate.

The definition of a NFL Draft Bust:

A bust is a player who was drafted on the first day of the NFL draft and failed to meet expectations. A player who is labeled a bust is usually drafted in the first round of the NFL Draft.

Chase definitely fits into this category. Regardless of how much talent/potential he possesses. He hasn't performed.

• Like 1

Just now, Slappy Mc said:

Realistically, no. 3 seasons into his NFL career he has 9 career sacks, 73 total tackles, 6 fumbles and 3 fumbles recovered. He was the #2 overall pick.

In comparison:
James Smith-Williams, drafted 227 picks later has 6 career sacks, 31 total tackles.
Trevis Gipson, drafted 153 picks later has 10 career sacks, 71 total tackles, 5 forced fumbles.

Chase definitely fits into this category. Regardless of how much talent/potential he possesses. He hasn't performed.

So I guess you’re going to ignore my request.

Good night. See you in a few days, maybe a month bc I won’t be around for the Chase Young slander

9 minutes ago, TVScout said:

Most of the Cowboys didn't even want to be on the field.

This is absolutely laughable.

They can retire if they don't want to play. If you are on the field, you give your best. Their best was dog **** today and they will absolutely get laughed out of the playoffs if they play like that again.

• Like 1

Just now, turtle28 said:

So I guess you’re going to ignore my request.

Good night. See you in a few days, maybe a month bc I won’t be around for the Chase Young slander

I sent you a PM a while back to try not to bring these things up in the threads. You can't handle the truth, then that's on you. At this point Chase Young is the Taylor Heinicke of the defense. He gets people motivated to play hard. He is exciting, but he just doesn't fulfill his responsibilities ON the field.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, mar29020 said:

im down with rivera for another year. I thought he did well this past draft. He's building a good roster, just need to hit on a QB. 

I'm not. His decision making ended our season. His entire schtick was accountability and he has refused to take any for his entire tenure. He is a great motivator and a terrible Head Coach.

That doesn't change the fact I expect him to be here next year during the transition. Just my feelings on WANTING to see him not coach here anymore.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

I'm not. His decision making ended our season. His entire schtick was accountability and he has refused to take any for his entire tenure. He is a great motivator and a terrible Head Coach.

That doesn't change the fact I expect him to be here next year during the transition. Just my feelings on WANTING to see him not coach here anymore.

I agree.

Rivera can replace whomever is inside the Mascot suit.

I want a new coach. A winner!

1 hour ago, Slappy Mc said:

In comparison:

I mean, he also missed a season and a half of play due to a catastrophic injury. I think we should let him get healthy and play before making proclamations. Do I think he needs to be better? Absolutely. Do I think he will be? Yes. 

• Like 1

Just now, lavar703 said:

I mean, he also missed a season and a half of play due to a catastrophic injury. I think we should let him get healthy and play before making proclamations. Do I think he needs to be better? Absolutely. Do I think he will be? Yes. 

I hope he plays better. The problem I have is that before he got injured, he never flashed as a game wrecker either. Undoubtedly the injury has taken a toll on his body and he may never be as good as he was prior to the injury. His rushes are frequently freelancing and has shown that if he doesn't get home on the rush he will give up on the play. I'll take a high motor guy like Ryan Kerrigan all day over someone that gives up on a play.

He will have the whole off-season to prepare for next year. He needs to get the job done to not be the next Jadeveon Clowney.