Week 18 Thread: Whatever. Howell to start. Thoughts and Prayers for Damar Hamlin first and foremost.

MikeT14

19 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

grandmasboy-delusional.gif

You tell yourself whatever that makes you sleep better at night.

I mean it's comical at this point. Dallas was playing for the division. The Eagles were up by only 2 scores for most of the game (and in the 2nd half those "2 scores" were only up 10 points). A 10 point margin is easily erased in division games. Meanwhile, Dallas came out flat. For the delusional revisionists, they think that Dallas players would just show up and play from the first snap like it's a preseason game. They seem to think that the Cowgirls looking like donkeys yesterday and playing like poo is indicative of this theory. 

Meanwhile, Occam's Razor suggests that Dallas simply overlooked a team that they were heavily favored to beat and thought they'd coast to an easy win.

The revisionists would rather tell themselves comfortable lies, than face uncomfortable truths.

3 hours ago, TVScout said:

That is who the Cowboys play next week.

The cowboys are playing themselves at this point.  They are only as strong as their weakest link.  They won't be going far in the playoffs, that is for sure.  The bigger question is will they be paying Prescott that 50+ million next year?  Or will you guys kick the can?

Football is truly crazy. Dallas was putting up 50 point games and I was thinking - we shouldn't be in the same league as they . At the time , someone was saying we could play with anybody and I was thinking-NOT WITH DALLAS !! Then they just have seemed to implode. We trashed them like they were the JV team. Dayam ! I really don't get it .. 

Is it all because the lost Terence Steele ? One player.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

Football is truly crazy. Dallas was putting up 50 point games and I was thinking - we shouldn't be in the same league as they . At the time , someone was saying we could play with anybody and I was thinking-NOT WITH DALLAS !! Then they just have seemed to implode. We trashed them like they were the JV team. Dayam ! I really don't get it .. 

Is it all because the lost Terence Steele ? One player.

Didn't you hear? Dallas played it like this was a preseason game. Even though the division title was a possibility and even though they played the starters until 3 minutes left in the game. 

Yup, totally like a preseason game.

• Like 1

Just now, Thaiphoon said:

Didn't you hear? Dallas played it like this was a preseason game. Even though the division title was a possibility and even though they played the starters until 3 minutes left in the game. 

Yup, totally like a preseason game.

Well That's good to know --cause I sure didn't understand it before you splained it !

Girl Power Explain GIF by GIF IT UP

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
On 1/4/2023 at 1:41 PM, MKnight82 said:
On 1/4/2023 at 1:36 PM, Slappy Mc said:

If you think it's ok for someone to take your hard work, hand it off to someone else to destroy, then claim it was the correct decision and try to hand it back, that's on you.

Heinicke will be in a different uniform next year, I'd bet on it. 

I'll take that bet. 

@MKnight82 

Waiting Gif GIF

On 1/5/2023 at 10:43 AM, Slappy Mc said:

I don't dispute much of this, but Heinicke does have the talent to win in the NFL. He proved he can start for teams out there, but you get the good with the bad.

I personally think he would be a perfect fit for Arthur Smith's Atlanta Falcons offense that features a bevy of tall receivers who can win the 50-50 ball. I think they would be comfortable with him in an open competition with Ridder. 

I think NE makes the most sense as they can bring him in as a valuable back-up/borderline starter. The way he conducts himself also fits within "the Patriot way". 

I think Daniel Jones is still playing for his job in NY. Don't be surprised if he doesn't play well, that he makes it to FA or is tagged and traded as well.

Fortune Teller Doge GIF by Kraken Exchange

Edited by Slappy Mc
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/14/2023 at 9:47 AM, MKnight82 said:

Lol I got the $10 mil per year right for him but the wrong team!

What? Heinicke is on a 2-year $14 mil contract. He's got $6.3 mil in guarantees. His cap hit this year is $5.7. His cap hit in 2024 is $9 mil & the Falcons can get out of the deal w/ a $2 mil dead cap costing them only $7.7 for one season.

My guess is that unless Heinicke wins the starting job this year in the competition vs Ridder (not going to happen) & then plays better than he did this year for us the last two seasons he'll be cut after one year in Atl or they’ll restructure his contract after this year to keep him as their backup for a few more years.

I don't think he'll see that $9 mil next year as I don't think he'll be Atl’s  starter. But, they could restructure him if he continues to prove he's a good back up & he’ll get that $9 mil over 2024 & 2025 as Ridder’s or another QB they draft, sign or trade for (Lamar?)’s backup.

Edited by turtle28