Week 18 Thread: Whatever. Howell to start. Thoughts and Prayers for Damar Hamlin first and foremost.

MikeT14

6 hours ago, Slappy Mc said:

He shouldn't. Ron Rivera has quit on him at least two times saying he wasn't good enough. 

Yup. I mean it's genius. He is a team guy and he also gets to look great for this and the legend of Heinecke grows.

But I can also see him saying "Nah, man. You didn't want me to play last week? You play someone else this week."

• Like 1

9 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

Yep. Someone like Houston might want a vet to roll out until Young/Stroud/Levis is ready. Cardinals will want someone to come in and hopefully win games until Murray comes back. Is Stafford Week 1 ready? Do the Raiders do the same thing I mentioned for the Texans? Seattle if they lose Geno? There's some options. 

Yup. He absolutely will get offers and I bet that it's much better than the $5M-8M AAV that some have been posting. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Troublez said:

Do you think Ron R could fire one of his coordinators?

Usually pressure to remove a coordinator comes from a GM or the owner.  Ron has final say over his GMs so they are irrelevant and our owner is hiding somewhere in England so doubtful.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, turtle28 said:

I don’t see Ron being fired this offseason. Dan is selling the team, so he’s not going to fire the entire front office & coaching staff and have to pay out their contracts.

Who knows when the sale will be finalized & the next owner will take over?

If it’s anytime in the summer, like I guess, then the current structure will remain in place just like it did in 1999 in Snyder’s first year.

I think these people making bids are pretty smart and motivated.  If I am Bezos I have already hired consultants to find me a list and do initial evaluations of G.M.s and Coaches and a short list is all ready finalized.  

18 minutes ago, offbyone said:

I think these people making bids are pretty smart and motivated.  If I am Bezos I have already hired consultants to find me a list and do initial evaluations of G.M.s and Coaches and a short list is all ready finalized.  

Maybe you don’t rush it though? Take your time. Sacrifice the year. It’s a long game for you. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Maybe you don’t rush it though? Take your time. Sacrifice the year. It’s a long game for you. 

Maybe.  That is a long long year for the fans and the players.  

If you do that, then you definitely can't do things like draft or make a big free agent qb acquisition.  You have to leave it status quo so the next coach/gm can put their mark on things.  If anything you tell Rivera to trade our top picks away for picks the following year.

11 hours ago, offbyone said:

Maybe.  That is a long long year for the fans and the players.  

If you do that, then you definitely can't do things like draft or make a big free agent qb acquisition.  You have to leave it status quo so the next coach/gm can put their mark on things.  If anything you tell Rivera to trade our top picks away for picks the following year.

I'd be pissed if they potentially rushed it and screwed it up again because they did. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, offbyone said:

I hope you’re right.