Week 18: NY Collapse vs Philly #1 Seed & the Bye

Kiltman

12 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

"NY Collapse"? We already finished strong. Sounds like a bit of projection.

I saw Hurts is still questionable. Is that right? I thought for sure he would play this week.

I think what the title means it will either be a NY Collapse (we lose) vs Philly #1 seed & bye (we win). 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ninjapirate said:
1 hour ago, WheatieMan said:

With talk of an 8th seed being added, looks like Eagles will get to host Seattle/Det Week 1. Best to take advantage of this week as the bye.  

Thats AFC only. Eagles would get a bye if they win.

That's incorrect.

One possibility would be to add an eighth team to the playoff field in the AFC. This would eliminate the bye for the No. 1 seed.

To ensure competitive balance, there would have to be eight teams in the NFC, too.

We would lose our bye if they add an 8th playoff team.

17 minutes ago, Broadway Joe said:

Wow that would suck terribly. 

Yeah imagine we play our starters and lose another starter or two fighting to keep the 1 seed and then they just decide to do this.

NFL needs to make a decision ASAP. We can't go into the weekend not knowing if we are playing for a weeks rest.

This would be the biggest pre-match hose job in NFL history, and I'm a Cowboy fan. Oh well, best it happens to Eagles and hopefully not us if the Eagles dog it this Sunday against Giant backups. Imagine 8-9 Packers slipping in there against the Eagles... lol

Edited by WheatieMan

5 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Beating down a Colts team ready for the offseason is an accomplishment I guess.

I mean we also beat the defending AFC and NFC Champions. Baltimore with Lamar, and took Minny to the brink. Considering how little expectations were for this season. Yea I'd call that an accomplishment

• Like 1