Week 18: NY Collapse vs Philly #1 Seed & the Bye

Kiltman

1 hour ago, Shockwave said:

I mean we also beat the defending AFC and NFC Champions. Baltimore with Lamar, and took Minny to the brink. Considering how little expectations were for this season. Yea I'd call that an accomplishment

All the Vikings do is play in close games lol.

I just wouldn't say beating up on the Colts is finishing strong.

Making the playoffs in year 1 is definitely an accomplishment, cause I thought you guys would max out at like maybe 7 or 8 wins. TBH you guys have a ton of cap space (like 3rd most?) and next year will be a definite concern for Dallas and Philly if you hit on the right guys in FA. 

Edited by TheRealMcCoy

1 hour ago, Shockwave said:

I mean we also beat the defending AFC and NFC Champions. Baltimore with Lamar, and took Minny to the brink. Considering how little expectations were for this season. Yea I'd call that an accomplishment

Who? 

Insensitivity aside, how can they not play the game? The top 3 (?) seeds could be effected, no? 

I hate that that happened to the kid but postponing was the right move while canceling was the wrong one, IMO. Im sure smarter men than me could have figured a way. Like, there’s no way any competitor sitting in a hospital bed would have the teams suspend the game on their account. I understand the decision and I know scheduling was tough but it potentially derails a whole season for a team or two or three. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

Insensitivity aside, how can they not play the game? The top 3 (?) seeds could be effected, no? 

I hate that that happened to the kid but postponing was the right move while canceling was the wrong one, IMO. Im sure smarter men than me could have figured a way. Like, there’s no way any competitor sitting in a hospital bed would have the teams suspend the game on their account. I understand the decision and I know scheduling was tough but it potentially derails a whole season for a team or two or three. 

With Covid protocols already in place "in case" there were ever any cancelations,  no reason the season couldn't of been pushed back 1 week. Even if said 1 week gave everyone else a bye for the make up.

There is a two week gap between the AFCCG/NFCCG and the SB. Wouldn't have effect that date one bit. 

Edited by Nabbs4u

4 hours ago, EagleBlueDon said:

I'm nervous about this game. A lot at stake man. 

Oh yeah, it’s looking like a lot of backups will play for Giants so this is setting up to give the Eagles the opportunity to have a special kind of late season collapse. I don’t think that will happen, so much would have to go wrong, but it could and the fact that we’re in this position is sad and scary. Gotta hope Hurts doesn’t have much rust and continues where he left off.

52 minutes ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Oh yeah, it’s looking like a lot of backups will play for Giants so this is setting up to give the Eagles the opportunity to have a special kind of late season collapse. I don’t think that will happen, so much would have to go wrong, but it could and the fact that we’re in this position is sad and scary. Gotta hope Hurts doesn’t have much rust and continues where he left off.

star wars GIF

6 hours ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

The Eagles have found so many ways to disappoint me over the years lol I think that's why. I do think this would be the worst of them all though. It would essentially ruin the playoffs for me. There's a lot of moving parts with this game and uncertainty, and that's worrisome. Most of our games this year felt like we had some cushion to play with. This one has none.