Las Vegas Stidhams V. The Kansas City Mahomies - SEASON FANALE!!!!!

Totty

On 1/11/2023 at 11:43 AM, NYRaider said:

Carr had an All-Pro RB and WR1 this season, they were literally one of the most productive duos in NFL history this season. I guess having arguably the best WR and RB isn't enough help for Derek Carr. I'd argue that Jacobs/Adams/Renfrow/Waller would be the most talented supporting cast that Jimmy has ever played with.

how many games did Carr play with those 4?
Similar to people always saying carrs 40 million dollar contract is why we cant afford players lol

We never paid carr close to 40 mil . . . 
Carr had what 3 games with those 4?

• Like 1

18 hours ago, true2form said:

That can also be read as, “when he played teams with no offense, but great defense”. 

It’s like the end of last season. Our offense was a shell of what it was to start the season and had a lot of low scoring games. However, we got very lucky that our defense played against a bunch of backup QBs. 

There’s always context that gets left out. Easier to just say Carr didn’t score enough and even easier to say he didn’t win.  It’s true, but nothing is that simple. 

Very true about last year but this has been happening for more than just last year.  Carr just craps the bed sometimes and he lacks a killer instinct unless he is playing from behind.  I think he just puts to much pressure on himself and he tightens up.  It is not his only problem but it is a big one.

22 hours ago, BackinBlack said:

how many games did Carr play with those 4?
Similar to people always saying carrs 40 million dollar contract is why we cant afford players lol

We never paid carr close to 40 mil . . . 
Carr had what 3 games with those 4?

Carr sucks and he's getting the boot, get over it.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Carr sucks and he's getting the boot, get over it.

im over it, praying we can get something in return for him vs just cutting him though, but just to clarify things here, you were the one who brought him up LOL.
I responded to you talking about him . . . 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, drfrey13 said:

Very true about last year but this has been happening for more than just last year.  Carr just craps the bed sometimes and he lacks a killer instinct unless he is playing from behind.  I think he just puts to much pressure on himself and he tightens up.  It is not his only problem but it is a big one.

You’re not wrong. If he had more of a killer instinct we would have won more. I do wonder how much of that was instilled in him by Gruden. 

8 hours ago, true2form said:

You’re not wrong. If he had more of a killer instinct we would have won more. I do wonder how much of that was instilled in him by Gruden. 

I think that happened before Gruden.  He seemed to always be that way.  He was great playing from behind but has always took his foot off the gas when they get a team down.  I think he could just be like a golfer with money on the line.  I can hit any shot on the range and make practice puts all day but as soon as money is on the line my grip gets tighter and my swing gets off track.  Some people are just that way.  Funny things is I am the complete opposite with other sports.

On 1/15/2023 at 1:22 AM, drfrey13 said:

I think that happened before Gruden.  He seemed to always be that way.  He was great playing from behind but has always took his foot off the gas when they get a team down.  I think he could just be like a golfer with money on the line.  I can hit any shot on the range and make practice puts all day but as soon as money is on the line my grip gets tighter and my swing gets off track.  Some people are just that way.  Funny things is I am the complete opposite with other sports.

Could be. Funny thing is, that is the Patriot way lol. Build a lead, milk the clock, shut them down. That was the formula through Parcels down and it worked for many Super Bowl winning seasons. The game has changed though. The NFL wants high scoring, close, down to the wire games. You have to beat the other team down and then beat the refs who are doing everything they can to give that other team a spark. 

Teams like ours with below average defenses can’t ever take their foot off the gas.

• Like 1