Las Vegas Stidhams V. The Kansas City Mahomies - SEASON FANALE!!!!!

Totty

13 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Smart to prepare for disappointment if it's Jimmy safe to say. Would much rather trade up for young/stroud, even though I hate trading up.

Only reason I wouldn’t hate Jimmy is to prevent trading up. I don’t think we’re in the position to give up assets like that. 

If mcdummy is so smart, and can tailor an offense for Newton one year and for a rookie Mac Jones the next year.... then why are we seemingly limited to Brady or garoppolo? And yes I get that we’re not, it’s more the media at this point and “connecting dots” , but we say outta one side of the mouth offensive genius and the other these guys are familiar with the system. And yes, I get it, it’s the pressure to win. But Davis also said he trusts the vision blah,blah blah!!  Davis wants Brady to fill seats with what? Half *ss raider fans sporting their brand new Tom terrific jerseys?  I truly can’t wait to see how this garbage unfolds. I pray to the football gods that DZ does a good job this offseason. He’s got one heck of a difficult task ahead. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Geezy said:

Super Bowl level game manager, chances are he won’t have the same level  of supporting cast if he comes here. Jimmy isn’t the type of QB you build a game plan around. 

We have Adams, Waller, Renfrow, and Jacobs. Pretty good supporting cast, imo.

2 hours ago, Devilshark69 said:

If mcdummy is so smart, and can tailor an offense for Newton one year and for a rookie Mac Jones the next year.... then why are we seemingly limited to Brady or garoppolo? And yes I get that we’re not, it’s more the media at this point and “connecting dots” , but we say outta one side of the mouth offensive genius and the other these guys are familiar with the system. And yes, I get it, it’s the pressure to win. But Davis also said he trusts the vision blah,blah blah!!  Davis wants Brady to fill seats with what? Half *ss raider fans sporting their brand new Tom terrific jerseys?  I truly can’t wait to see how this garbage unfolds. I pray to the football gods that DZ does a good job this offseason. He’s got one heck of a difficult task ahead. 

Outside of those 2 what other top tier, proven QBs are going to be available in free agency? 

9 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Outside of those 2 what other top tier, proven QBs are going to be available in free agency? 

So now garoppolo is top tier? Lol. Do me a favor and don’t recopy the stats you already posted. For the record sir, I’m ok with Brady (hoping he stays healthy) but I simply don’t want jimmy g. And that’s not really what my post was about anyway, but thanks for playin. 

On 1/10/2023 at 4:51 AM, Devilshark69 said:

So now garoppolo is top tier? Lol. Do me a favor and don’t recopy the stats you already posted. For the record sir, I’m ok with Brady (hoping he stays healthy) but I simply don’t want jimmy g. And that’s not really what my post was about anyway, but thanks for playin. 

He's proven to be a starting QB for a winning organization over the last few seasons, so I'd say he's a top tier FA QB. How often do guys that have been productive starters for 13-3 Super Bowl teams hit free agency in their prime? 

On 1/9/2023 at 7:45 PM, Geezy said:

Minus the OL and defense. You want Jimmy to get in a shootout behind our OL? 

Are the Raiders the only team in the NFL that is required to ignore all of their roster issues this offseason? Or are we allowed to draft/sign players?

Cmon man, in the initial post you said “top tier” now answering my post it’s “top tier FA” and he’s been on multiple teams with not good but GREAT defenses. I ain’t gonna argue this, he’s no different than Carr and imo, not as talented. Gimme Brady if it GOTTA be a system familiar guy, otherwise I’d gamble on someone like minshew or draft a top prospect. One thing no one can argue about with Carr is his availability, the same cannot be said for jimmy G. 

3 minutes ago, Devilshark69 said:

I don’t disagree with that one bit. But injury history says jimmy is a HUGE gamble for a must win now situation. 

It looks like we're fully committed to pursuing TB12. I just hope that we land him because we could be screwed if he retires/signs elsewhere.

5 minutes ago, Devilshark69 said:

Cmon man, in the initial post you said “top tier” now answering my post it’s “top tier FA” and he’s been on multiple teams with not good but GREAT defenses. I ain’t gonna argue this, he’s no different than Carr and imo, not as talented. Gimme Brady if it GOTTA be a system familiar guy, otherwise I’d gamble on someone like minshew or draft a top prospect. One thing no one can argue about with Carr is his availability, the same cannot be said for jimmy G. 

• Multiple NFL people have expressed nearly the same observation as me regarding Derek Carr and Jimmy Garoppolo. One assistant general manager said: "They are close to being the same guy. Derek fell off in a big way this year, but no one takes into account the offense. I know if Derek Carr couldn't run the Raiders offense the way Josh wanted, neither will a constantly injured Jimmy."

• Like 1