Las Vegas Stidhams V. The Kansas City Mahomies - SEASON FANALE!!!!!

Totty

On 1/10/2023 at 5:51 AM, Devilshark69 said:

So now garoppolo is top tier? Lol. Do me a favor and don’t recopy the stats you already posted. For the record sir, I’m ok with Brady (hoping he stays healthy) but I simply don’t want jimmy g. And that’s not really what my post was about anyway, but thanks for playin. 

He good for 5-6 games a year. Plus the more injuries he gets the easier it is to get hurt. 

20 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Are the Raiders the only team in the NFL that is required to ignore all of their roster issues this offseason? Or are we allowed to draft/sign players?

So we’re going to build the elite OL and defense that Jimmy is used to this off-season?

26 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

No, I think we're going to roll with the exact same roster like you've implied. 

There you go exaggerating, you ragged on Carr then suggested Jimmy. Jimmy is much more dependent of a supporting cast than Carr. Even then, he can’t stay healthy. No thanks! 

7 minutes ago, Geezy said:

There you go exaggerating, you ragged on Carr then suggested Jimmy. Jimmy is much more dependent of a supporting cast than Carr. Even then, he can’t stay healthy. No thanks! 

Jimmy has at least shown he can live up to expectations and make the most of an elite supporting cast. Carr has crapped the bed in the two years we put top tier talent around him and were expected to be good. (2017/2022)

52 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Jimmy has at least shown he can live up to expectations and make the most of an elite supporting cast. Carr has crapped the bed in the two years we put top tier talent around him and were expected to be good. (2017/2022)

This is a bit of a reach. Since when has this team ever had top 10 talent like SF has had. Carr has never had the chance to perform on a top tier team . Agreed, he has crapped the bed on a bad Raiders team with one or two elite players, it's incomparable to say "well since this QB crapped the bed with a bad team, it's worse then the QB that showed he played OK with the best team in football"  

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, NickButera said:

This is a bit of a reach. Since when has this team ever had top 10 talent like SF has had. Carr has never had the chance to perform on a top tier team . Agreed, he has crapped the bed on a bad Raiders team with one or two elite players, it's incomparable to say "well since this QB crapped the bed with a bad team, it's worse then the QB that showed he played OK with the best team in football"  

That's the same old Carr debate.  I truly think some people who didn't/don't like Carr thought he had everything he could ever need to succeed.  

Even if he did on offense some years, I don't know how anyone thought he did on defense any year. This will most likely be the same for any QB we get at the very least next year, if not longer.

1 hour ago, NickButera said:

Carr had an All-Pro RB and WR1 this season, they were literally one of the most productive duos in NFL history this season. I guess having arguably the best WR and RB isn't enough help for Derek Carr. I'd argue that Jacobs/Adams/Renfrow/Waller would be the most talented supporting cast that Jimmy has ever played with.

4 hours ago, true2form said:

That's the same old Carr debate.  I truly think some people who didn't/don't like Carr thought he had everything he could ever need to succeed.  

Even if he did on offense some years, I don't know how anyone thought he did on defense any year. This will most likely be the same for any QB we get at the very least next year, if not longer.

I do not know if having a good defense would help Carr.  It seems counterintuitive but his level of play changes a lot depending on the game scenario.  He seems to play best when he is down or they are underdogs.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, true2form said:

He had arguably the best RB and WR in the league this year and struggled individually, he was leading the league in interceptions when we benched him and got outplayed by Baker Mayfield and Kenny Pickett in must win games that the defense was lights out. 

15 hours ago, NYRaider said:

He had arguably the best RB and WR in the league this year and struggled individually, he was leading the league in interceptions when we benched him and got outplayed by Baker Mayfield and Kenny Pickett in must win games that the defense was lights out. 

Well he was the one getting that RB and WR the ball to get those record setting numbers. He was also top 10ish in Yards and TDs. He did get outplayed and did get benched, but....

I wasn't referring to just this season though.

17 hours ago, drfrey13 said:

I do not know if having a good defense would help Carr.  It seems counterintuitive but his level of play changes a lot depending on the game scenario.  He seems to play best when he is down or they are underdogs.

That seems like a logical take.  But is it Carr that went completely conservative in 2nd half's or coaching or both?

17 hours ago, drfrey13 said:

He plays tight in low scoring games. I forget where I saw it, but he has one of the worst winning percentage when the defense allows 20 points or less, since he has been in the league. 

3 hours ago, true2form said:

That seems like a logical take.  But is it Carr that went completely conservative in 2nd half's or coaching or both?

He has been like this for more than a year.  I can remember having arguments about him just needing to keep applying pressure no matter the score going back to 2017.  Now this is not completely on Carr but he has a hard time winning games by more than 10 points.  It happens when the defense plays well also.  The quote below brings up the point and I hope the stats can be found.

3 hours ago, dante9876 said:

He plays tight in low scoring games. I forget where I saw it, but he has one of the worst winning percentage when the defense allows 20 points or less, since he has been in the league. 

7 hours ago, drfrey13 said:

He has been like this for more than a year.  I can remember having arguments about him just needing to keep applying pressure no matter the score going back to 2017.  Now this is not completely on Carr but he has a hard time winning games by more than 10 points.  It happens when the defense plays well also.  The quote below brings up the point and I hope the stats can be found.

That can also be read as, “when he played teams with no offense, but great defense”. 

It’s like the end of last season. Our offense was a shell of what it was to start the season and had a lot of low scoring games. However, we got very lucky that our defense played against a bunch of backup QBs. 

There’s always context that gets left out. Easier to just say Carr didn’t score enough and even easier to say he didn’t win.  It’s true, but nothing is that simple.