• Denzel Ward - Jason Verrett
  • Tarvarus McFadden - Sean Smith
  • Minkah Fitzpatrick - Micah Hyde
  • Derwin James - Reshad Jones

14 hours ago, Rich7sena said:

On of my favorite threads of the year:

QB

• Sam Darnold - Jameis Winston

Not good for Darnold to be compared to bum like that. He's like one of the worst starting QBs in the league.

https://sports.yahoo.com/heres-jameis-winston-went-darkhorse-mvp-candidate-massive-disappointment-170958454.html

The results have been a staggering drop in his efficiency throughout 2017, most notably in total quarterback rating. After posing a 59.5 clip just last season, Winston’s QBR has fallen 20 points in 2017, down to 39.5. To put that number in perspective, consider that it slots him behind guys like Blake Bortles, Eli Manning, Drew Stanton, Brett Hundley and E.J. Manuel.

:X

Additionally, Winston — who had lost five consecutive games this season before getting hurt — ranks a paltry 26th against the blitz and in his 37 attempted deep passes this season, he has completed just 10 balls. In fact, on deep throws, he ranks 28th in adjusted completion percentage, and 26th in passer rating, per PFF. Maybe more surprising, is that he is below the league average in both short and intermediate throws.

15 hours ago, Rich7sena said:

On of my favorite threads of the year:

QB

• Sam Darnold - Jameis Winston      I would say Marota
  • Josh Rosen - Kirk Cousins               I would say Eli
  • Baker Mayfield - Case Keenum      Has a much stronger arm than Keenum and may be only 5'11" or 5' 10", so, Brees comes to mind
  • Josh Allen - Joe Flacco                     A little more like Roethlisberger

RB

• Saquon Barkley - Arian Foster       More like Elliott given his pass blocking ability
  • Nick Chubb - Doug Martin                Decent
  • Damien Harris - Ahmad Bradshaw Somewhat like Lacy
  • Derrius Guice - Ezekiel Elliott            No where near the pass blocker Elliott is
  • Reshaad Penny - Jonathan Stewart

WR

• Cavin Ridley - Stefan Diggs        
  • Michael Gallup - Marvin Jones

DL

• Maurice Hurst - Sheldon Rankins

Edge

• Bradley Chubb - Tamba Hali
  • Harold Landry - Cliff Avril             Decent
  • Arden Key - Robert Quinn             Key is more of an OLBer type

DB

• Denzel Ward - Jason Verrett
  • Tarvarus McFadden - Sean Smith
  • Minkah Fitzpatrick - Micah Hyde        Need a much bigger star Safety here to match him up with.
  • Derwin James - Reshad Jones

I do not see some of these.

2 hours ago, lod01 said:

Josh Rosen is Aaron Rodgers on and off the field.

I don't see this at all. Rosen is one of the least mobile prospects to come out in recent years and rarely thrives out of structure.

@Iamcanadian Could you explain the Mariota comp? Darnold will not be a designed run threat in the NFL and Mariota has a far more compact release. Further, I view Darnold as a player who thrives late in the down versus Mariota, who's much better in structure. To explain my Winston comp for him: both plays have an elongated release and like to challenge the defense downfield. Both have similar arm strength and mobility. Both are prone to making turnover mistakes.

I'm confused at your comparison of Damien Harris and Eddie Lacy. I do not see any similarities besides they both played in Alabama. What stands out for me with Harris is his feet, vision, and balance.

With Minkah Fitzpatrick; I either think your overrating him, underrating Hyde, or both. Fitzpatrick, like many Alabama defensive backs, benefits hugely from a defensive line which creates consistent pressure and disruption in the backfield. The last time he was challenged might have been against Clemson in last year's national championship game when he was thrashed by a walk-on. I still think he's a good player, but I don't think he's a transcendent talent at safety and definitely not at corner.

On ‎11‎/‎24‎/‎2017 at 4:35 PM, Elusive_Tiger said:

Nope. Doesn't have the mobility of Rodgers.

Sure he does...if he needs to. 1:15, 1:48, 4:15, 4:41, 4:52, 4:58, 7:27 says if he needs to move he can easily. Just because he doesn't need to run like most college QB, especially the SEC, doesn't mean he can't. He's just capable of passing a football in college, thus he doesn't need to run even when he is forced out of the pocket. he finds an open guy instead..

28 minutes ago, lod01 said:

Sure he does...if he needs to. 1:15, 1:48, 4:15, 4:41, 4:52, 4:58, 7:27 says if he needs to move he can easily. Just because he doesn't need to run like most college QB, especially the SEC, doesn't mean he can't. He's just capable of passing a football in college, thus he doesn't need to run even when he is forced out of the pocket. he finds an open guy instead..

Those aren't instances I'd consider Rodgers level mobility. In fact, I'd say those are exceptions to the rule when it comes to Rosen. Rosen thrives early in downs and in the short game while the Packers' offense is largely predicated on his ability to extend plays late into the down. Rosen is much more similar to Rodgers the prospect than Rodgers the pro.

Derwin James----Sean Taylor

Bradley Chubb----Prime Aaron Kampman

Quentin Nelson----Steve Hutchinson but quicker

Minkah Fitzpatrick----More physically imposing LaMarcus Joyner

Saquon Barkley----Ahman Green +5 in every statistical category

Roquan Smith----Keith Rivers, playboi

Lamar Jackson----Better fundamentals Michael Vick

Calvin Ridley----Chad Johnson with a tick more speed

Sam Darnold----As much as I try to avoid same-school comparisons, Carson Palmer

Baker Mayfield----Spread version of Russell Wilson (aka less NFL-ready)

Josh Rosen----Matt Ryan

Nick Chubb----Priest Holmes

Derrius Guice----Less angry Fred Taylor

Arden Key----Barkevious Mingo all over again

DaShawn Hand----Chris Jones

On 11/24/2017 at 5:54 PM, Rich7sena said:

I like that comp. I think that would have been a good one for Rankins, too.

Mike Daniels seems a lot more stout than Hurst. I like Hurst, but he is a tweener in a negative sense, whereas Daniels is a tweener in a positive sense. Hurst is a very good football player, but I don't know how he's going to win at the NFL level.

Just now, BleedTheClock said:

Mike Daniels seems a lot more stout than Hurst. I like Hurst, but he is a tweener in a negative sense, whereas Daniels is a tweener in a positive sense. Hurst is a very good football player, but I don't know how he's going to win at the NFL level.

How is Hurst a tweener in a negative sense? What questions do you have about his game? He looks like a top 10 talent to me.

5 minutes ago, Rich7sena said:

How is Hurst a tweener in a negative sense? What questions do you have about his game? He looks like a top 10 talent to me.

He's not big enough to play DT and he's not fast enough to bend the edge as a 4-3 DE. Not long enough to lock out OT's as a 5-Tech. He's an undersized 3-Tech that is going to get washed away on down blocks from NFL lineman.

He's strong and he hustles. But Tank Carradine was the same way and he is a solid rotational player.

EDIT: DeMarcus Walker syndrome.

Archived