2018 NFL Draft Prospect Pro Comps

Rich7sena

41 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

Reggie Bush approves of this post because he wishes he was as good as Barkley.

I just see the same explosive play in college. Using their athleticism to beat lessor athletes at the college level. The highlight plays, the ability to be utilised as a pass catcher, the big play mentality that leads to runs where he'll lose yards or gain 1-2 when if he'd taken the blocking available he would have gained 5-6. He doesn't play like he's 230, he plays like he's 210-215.

Barkley is going to be coming into a league that is far more conducive to his skillset than Bush did, but right now. I'm not as enamoured with Barkley as most. I don't see him as a far superior prospect to Christian McCaffrey.

12 minutes ago, Danger said:

Maybe Fred Taylor if you turned up his explosiveness 3 notches.

You might need go and watch some Fred Taylor highlights again.  He was about as explosive as it gets for a RB.  The guy was never caught from behind.  And would outrace secondaries all the time.

Just now, VanS said:

You might need go and watch some Fred Taylor highlights again.  He was about as explosive as it gets for a RB.  The guy was never caught from behind.  And would outrace secondaries all the time.

Guess I only caught him at the tail end of his career, I just remember him being a consistent slasher type back.

On 2/9/2018 at 10:34 AM, Danger said:

Guess I only caught him at the tail end of his career, I just remember him being a consistent slasher type back.

Prime Fred Taylor was insanely good. He's a HOF RB if he stayed healthy. This is going to sound like a weird comparison, but he is what people thought Willis McGahee was going to be before his knee injury.

5 hours ago, BleedTheClock said:

Prime Fred Taylor was insanely good. He's a HOF RB if he stayed healthy. This is going to sound like a weird comparison, but he is what people thought Willis McGahee was going to be before his knee injury.

I was such a huge Willis McGahee fan in 2002.  He was such an incredible talent before the injury.  The fact he still had a decent career after what looked like a career ending injury just goes to show how good he could have been.

That '01 Miami backfield was ridiculous.  Clinton Portis, Willis McGahee, and Frank Gore.  That's 3 all-world RBs.  Even their fullback Najeh Davenport who wasn't good enough to get snaps at RB at Miami was able to start for a while in the NFL at RB.  Without a doubt the most talented college football team ever.

7 minutes ago, VanS said:

I was such a huge Willis McGahee fan in 2002.  He was such an incredible talent before the injury.  The fact he still had a decent career after what looked like a career ending injury just goes to show how good he could have been.

That '01 Miami backfield was ridiculous.  Clinton Portis, Willis McGahee, and Frank Gore.  That's 3 all-world RBs.  Even their fullback Najeh Davenport who wasn't good enough to get snaps at RB at Miami was able to start for a while in the NFL at RB.  Without a doubt the most talented college football team ever.

Speaking of Miami running backs, anyone got a better comp. for Mark Walton than James White (NFL.com's Pro Comp)? I think Walton will be a more explosive runner than White is.

22 minutes ago, AlNFL19 said:

Speaking of Miami running backs, anyone got a better comp. for Mark Walton than James White (NFL.com's Pro Comp)? I think Walton will be a more explosive runner than White is.

Yeah I'm searching for a good comp for Mark Walton as well.  He's currently my 4th ranked RB (behind Saquon Barkley, Rashaad Penny, Ronald Jones II and ahead of John Kelly).  And given the fact that I have compared the guys ranked in the top 5 alongside him to the likes of Fred Taylor, Curtis Martin, Jamaal Charles, and Priest Holmes, I definitely do need a good comp for him.

10 minutes ago, VanS said:

Yeah I'm searching for a good comp for Mark Walton as well.  He's currently my 4th ranked RB (behind Saquon Barkley, Rashaad Penny, Ronald Jones II and ahead of John Kelly).  And given the fact that I have compared the guys ranked in the top 5 alongside him to the likes of Fred Taylor, Curtis Martin, Jamaal Charles, and Priest Holmes, I definitely do need a good comp for him.

He's my no. 2 right now. I graded him out just below Pro Bowler at the moment. 

1 hour ago, AlNFL19 said:

He's definitely better than James White. Much more powerful despite his weight being that of a 3rd down back.

He reminds me a little bit of Jahvid Best, but with the ability to lower the shoulder and go through you. He's a violent guy that has muscle on his frame. He needs to add some bulk, but he's a pretty strong dude and plays hard and physical.

Archived