2018 NFL Draft Prospect Pro Comps

Rich7sena

10 hours ago, One Punch Man said:

Their listed heights are the same. Brown is heavier by 8 pounds? Even if it’s off by 10-15, they’ve similar running styles. Decent sized backs that run strong but not too strong, elusive, versatile. Opportunistic.

Brown weighed in twenty pounds more than Johnson was listed. Twenty pounds is a big difference for a RB. Not the best comparison I've seen.

1 minute ago, Counselor said:

Brown weighed in twenty pounds more than Johnson was listed. Twenty pounds is a big difference for a RB. Not the best comparison I've seen.

Where is your source? 

Like I stated earlier, I’ll give you Brown being bigger. The build difference was described earlier pretty well by a fellow poster. But so far your only knock is at the build and from what I see, an exaggerated weight difference. Johnson has the frame to pack on 10 pounds and not see a decrease in his movement ability. As is, he’s a lighter Ronnie Brown. For reasons I stated. 

Feel free to elaborate on their running styles, any other sort of metrics, differences in their overall game that we can agree to disagree on. Or keep harping on one thing. Doesn’t matter to me.

5 minutes ago, One Punch Man said:

Where is your source? 

Like I stated earlier, I’ll give you Brown being bigger. The build difference was described earlier pretty well by a fellow poster. But so far your only knock is at the build and from what I see, an exaggerated weight difference. Johnson has the frame to pack on 10 pounds and not see a decrease in his movement ability. As is, he’s a lighter Ronnie Brown. For reasons I stated. 

Feel free to elaborate on their running styles, any other sort of metrics, differences in their overall game that we can agree to disagree on. Or keep harping on one thing. Doesn’t matter to me.

Exaggerated? Johnson is listed at 212 everywhere. Could be wrong. But Brown weighed 233 at the combine. 

Johnson has a weaker lower half. Brown was thicker in the legs. 

Johnson runs more upright and gets brought down easier. 

16 minutes ago, Counselor said:

Exaggerated? Johnson is listed at 212 everywhere. Could be wrong. But Brown weighed 233 at the combine. 

Johnson has a weaker lower half. Brown was thicker in the legs. 

Johnson runs more upright and gets brought down easier. 

At the combine, Brown came in at 233. But his playing weight looks an awful lot closer to his actual listing, 223. I wouldn’t doubt he packed on some weight for his athletic showing. Wouldn’t be surprised if Johnson put on a few while training for the combine. Like I said, guy could easily put on 10 and add just strength with no detriment to his movement skill set.

They’re re both fairly upright runners. They’re both somewhat creative in the open field. Both threats in the pass. Wildcat runners. Both from Auburn. Think Johnson’s power is being somewhat underrated and Brown’s overrated. Split the difference. They’re closer together than they are apart.

20 minutes ago, One Punch Man said:

At the combine, Brown came in at 233. But his playing weight looks an awful lot closer to his actual listing, 223. I wouldn’t doubt he packed on some weight for his athletic showing. Wouldn’t be surprised if Johnson put on a few while training for the combine. Like I said, guy could easily put on 10 and add just strength with no detriment to his movement skill set.

They’re re both fairly upright runners. They’re both somewhat creative in the open field. Both threats in the pass. Wildcat runners. Both from Auburn. Think Johnson’s power is being somewhat underrated and Brown’s overrated. Split the difference. They’re closer together than they are apart.

I don't agree. Not a fan of the comparison. Rich7 had a better one. 

On 1/1/2018 at 9:39 PM, Jeezla said:

Pro comp for Leighton Vander Esch?

On a good day, Kiko Alonzo.

1 hour ago, Counselor said:

I like the early career Murray comparison. With less explosion. 

Kerryon Johnson plays like Ricky Watters....if anyone remembers him.

This one will generate some laughs but I'll post it anyway.

Courtland Sutton: Slower slightly smaller Calvin Johnson.

His size, the way he catches the ball and the way he moves down the field. He's just not as big and not as fast. But his ball skills are comparable.

Courtland Sutton  drags defender into EZ after catch: 1:45, jump ball: 1:08, screen pass 2:33, 2:43 & 3:18, deep jump ball in EZ: 1:01

Calvin Johnson   drags defender into EZ after catch: 0:39, jump ball: 4:41, screen pass: 3:31 ,deep jump ball in EZ: 3:48

Now Sutton is not ever going to demand triple coverage or the crazy GL formation where they mugged CJ at the LOS in order to stop a jump ball. Probably won't demand double coverage but single him up and I think he will be tough to stop.

On 1/10/2018 at 1:20 AM, bananabucket said:

I often see Stefon Diggs as a comparison for Ridley, which isn't a bad one.  But as a Colts fan I cant help but be reminded of Reggie Wayne.

He’s 100x faster than Wayne though. Wayne was never a burner...just an elite route runner and awesome hands. 

Archived