Week 18 - race to the bottom of the division! @ Colts

ET80

6 minutes ago, Pastor Dillon said:

Good. Young will bust 

Okay but if Stroud or whoever shows out at the combine, we lost the opportunity to guarantee our chance to draft him

Edited by tab
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, brownie man said:

I can’t believe y’all won 

that was Lovie’s big FU before he’s fired

i can’t believe the team wanted to win

I am just absolutely surprised 

I’m more surprised that we beat the titans but honestly this is pretty on brand for us 

Far from a resounding victory as Mills throws up a prayer. Through the arms of a Colts defender. Houston had no business winning this game. Still clearly the worst team in the league. I have been on the fence about getting rid of Lovie but I'm done now. He needs to be gone 8am tomorrow morning if not on the flight home. Tell me how the hell Houston allows 196 rushing yards to this team starting a rookie QB. Hey Lovie stop the run and make the rookie beat you for f*^# sake. The defense was awful giving up 31 to this colts team. Seriously done with Lovie. This is the worst rushing defense in the league two years in a row and its not even close. Fire Lovie now. I don't care as much about 1st 2nd pick thing but I do care that people could have the idea that this win counts for anything. The win means nothing and honestly I felt better before giving up 31 points to Ehlinger.

It's not even losing the #1 pick - it's the lack of situational awareness to what this city is pining for. 

Literally everyone in Houston hates the Texans, and that #1 pick represented turning things over from Deshaun Watson and Jack Easterby/Bill O'Brien. The #2 pick will likely yield a great QB (I mean, I DO like CJ Stroud) but the fans absolutely needed to feel like we were getting something - not just drafting "the other guy".

Screw Lovie. Screw Davis Mills. Go Astros.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Pastor Dillon said:

That’s what I think 

It really doesn't matter what you think about any of the prospects - the moral of the story here is we're not picking the guy we really think is THE guy.

Let's say CJ Stroud goes absolutely wild at the combine and pro day - just has an incredible workout, solidifies himself as the #1 QB in the class, at 6' 3" 225lbs at 5% bodyfat - just an athletic specimen with plus intangibles. 

You know WHO ISN'T going to draft him? The Texans. Because everyone knows that Houston is picking a QB and you can now talk to Chicago to jump ahead of Houston and take Stroud.

That's why this is so bad. The ability to choose our QB is pretty much out the window at this point. We're getting whatever is left after whoever picks at 1.1 - and that's not good for the Texans.

• Like 1