OC Todd Downing, among others expected to be relieved of duties at seasons end

.Buzz

i’ve never heard of this guy- afaik he’s not one of the known, reputable guys with sources inside the building. there are very few of those as the titans run a pretty tight ship. so i’d say big grain of salt…but i’m absolutely praying he is correct lol

3 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

How it is “maybe Williams”? He’s been awesome 

williams is one of the better DL coaches in football and is respected as such. i don’t see why anyone on the defensive staff should be gone outside of perhaps anthony midget, but even with him it’s not like he’s been given a lot to work with at CB

23 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

williams is one of the better DL coaches in football and is respected as such. i don’t see why anyone on the defensive staff should be gone outside of perhaps anthony midget, but even with him it’s not like he’s been given a lot to work with at CB

Yeah, I don't see a reason to make defensive changes.  Just (almost) the whole offensive staff and the S&C department.

And yeah, I would think this is someone taking the writing on the wall and trying to buy credit with it.  I mean, it would be shocking if a whole bunch of people weren't fired.  It's kind of shocking that they haven't already been, especially when we could have had a preview of Kelly as OC to see if that's the answer.

The idea of dropping TD is music to all of our ears, but we probably shouldn't fall in love with the idea we will look dynamic...or even like a modern offense next year. We will likely hire from within, or someone that will run the same type of scheme, but hope they have a better feel for the game. Basically same 80's philosophy different play caller. 

And that is what frustrates me as a fan watching guys get schemed open and watching other team gear the offense toward 2-3 dynamic playmakers...not us, line it up and give it to DH. I love DH but he really isn't dynamic and has been completely taken out of games, which in turn we have no answer for.